Thy Art Is Murder -- Sydney, Australia -- December 19th, 2014
Intronaut -- West Hollywood, CA -- December 19th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 07-28-2010, 04:56 PM
I can't stop thinking big

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
Let me pick this apart piece by piece.

1. Show No Mercy to Seasons in the Abyss is by far the best.
2. South of Heaven is in the top probably 5 or 10 thrash albums of all time for me, but nothing by Slayer is the best.
3. South of Heaven was their peak.
4. They are not better than the rest of the Big 4. They're better than Anthrax because as far as I know Anthrax aren't doing anything, but Death Magnetic and Endgame are both pretty awesome albums, and World Painted Blood...isn't. At all.
Hey, I agree with pretty much all this. Not completely on #2 and #3, but close enough.
Old 07-28-2010, 06:14 PM
7 Holy Paths To Hell And Your Trip Begins...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
Let me pick this apart piece by piece.

1. Show No Mercy to Seasons in the Abyss is by far the best.
2. South of Heaven is in the top probably 5 or 10 thrash albums of all time for me, but nothing by Slayer is the best.
3. South of Heaven was their peak.
4. They are not better than the rest of the Big 4. They're better than Anthrax because as far as I know Anthrax aren't doing anything, but Death Magnetic and Endgame are both pretty awesome albums, and World Painted Blood...isn't. At all.

imho.

1. yes but there are a lot of good post Seasons stuff, a whole damn lot
2. no
3. no
4. no, they are the best of the big 4 and World Painted Blood is a lot better than everything Metallica has done since Justice and Megadeth since mmmm fuck probably better than anything they ever made

have a good day

Cheers !
PowerMaiden
Old 07-28-2010, 08:42 PM
Kvlt,Grim,Frostbitten,and Grindage

that setlist is fuckin sex with two lesbians with big tits while they feed you pizza. But I love all Slayer albums,yes even, Diabolus

My Rank:
Reign in Blood
Show No Mercy
Seasons In The Abyss
Hell Awaits/Haunting The Chapel
South Of Heaven
God Hates Us All
World Painted Blood
Divine Intervention
Christ Illusion
Undisputed Attitude
Diabolus in Musica
1/23-Harm's Way/Disgrace
Old 07-29-2010, 07:42 AM
"Never wanted your approval, never wanted your acceptance. Never wanted to be anything but me" LOG

Ill rank the Slayer albums to

Seasons in the Abyss
South of Heaven
Reign in Blood
Hell Awaits
Show No Mercy
Haunting the Chapel
God Hates Us All
Christ Illusion
Divine Intervention
Diabolus in Musica
World Painted Blood
Undisputed Attitude
Old 07-29-2010, 04:41 PM
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...

Nice fucking setlist... but to throw my hat in the ring, South of Heaven is by far the best thing Slayer ever did. It is the most "thrash" of any of their albums, easily more than Reign in Blood. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that Reign is the most overrated thrash album of all time. You can barely even call it a thrash album... other than Angel of Death and Raining Blood, the entire album is the same speed, and a hallmark of good thrash is time and tempo changes -- whether it be song to song or within the same song. Show No Mercy and Hell Awaits are both good albums, better than RiB -- but still kind of primitive in comparison to SoH. I stopped caring when I heard Divine Intervention -- seemed like Reign in Blood 2.0 and didn't hold my interest for long at all... I gave the CD to a buddy 2 weeks after buying it......
Old 03-26-2011, 11:18 AM
N00B

I was there....

They opened and closed with "Raining Blood", and both times the place went fuckin crazy!

I was towards the front when the bass triplets hit like a physical force...
Halfway through the song, I got thrown up on top of the crowd, and starting kicking and fighting like a lunatic to keep from being thrown over the barricade, which was a surefire way to get thrown right out the backstage door into the parking lot. I got pretty close, and then literally went down head first about three people from the front. I spent the next song and a half upside down thinking I was gonna be on the front page of the newspaper in the morning. "Slayer Fan Killed At Show"

I literally had to tear a few shirts off, and grab some poor guy by his neck to get upright again. I then headed for the relative safety of the pit....

Without a shirt, missing my necklace, a little bloody and bruised, and glad to be alive!!!

Unless you were there, you have no idea of the sheer power of Slayer on the Reign in Blood tour. I've seen them just about every year since 1986, and the shows at the Hollywood Palladium were the best...
Old 03-26-2011, 02:57 PM
Headbanger

Yeah I see people on here post shit on here like I've seen Slayer and they weren't that brutal or weren't that great. Those people have no idea. Unless you saw Slayer back then, you haven't TRULY seen Slayer. Those club shows were indescribable. The venues were used to overselling shows back then but Slayer changed all of that.

I'll never forget fighting my way to the front row for Slayer on the South of Heaven tour only to be crushed against the barricade. Being crushed then getting a break is one thing but being crushed by 500 people going NORTH and not stopping for 10 minutes was scary as shit. I fought for my life that day. That was and to this date has been the only time I thought I could die at a concert. I earned that spot and I held it down though.

Still one of the best shows I've ever seen....
Old 03-26-2011, 11:33 PM
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.

I've said this before, but I wish I could go back in time see a Slayer show during this era. You guys who were able to are very lucky!!!

12/07: Slipknot/Korn (?)
12/13: Despised Icon (?)

Tags
slayer