Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Black Label Society -- Memphis, TN -- July 27th, 2014
Megadeth -- Milwaukee, WI -- July 19th, 2013
Family Values Tour -- Denver, CO -- November 11th, 2001
Judas Priest -- Salt Lake City, UT -- November 12th, 1990
Korn -- Denver, CO -- July 29th, 2002

Old 03-18-2011, 12:06 PM
7 Holy Paths To Hell And Your Trip Begins...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
43. We all had to get fake ID's to get into the show. All of us made it except 1 guy who was using an out of state id you used to order out of magazines like Circus and Hit Parader. hahaha

I really respect your list and it makes me wonder what albums got me to where I am musically also. The 1st album I ever owned was Alice Cooper - Love it to Death then Deep Purple - Machine Head. Then Kiss Alive changed everything. My 1st concert was Rush on Caress of Steel opening for Kiss. Wasn't impressed with Rush until the last 2 songs In The End and Working Man. I'll never forget hearing the opening riff to Working Man with the aroma of weed and (didn't know it at the time) PCP in the air. Still 2 of my 5 favorite Rush songs.

I had 3 older brothers. Oldest was into Beatles/Stones, 2nd was into Yes/Kansas/Genesis/King Crimson and closest to me was into Sabbath/AC/DC/Priest/Maiden. I was constantly exposed to great music and had access to albums that I still listen to today.

My biggest regret was always having access to drum kits and never getting good at playing. Damn Atari... hahaha

Nice story when that show came to Montreal (Wasp\Metallica\Armored Saint) they did 2 nights in an 18 and up venue, that's probably why I didn't go after all hehehe. I have the review of the show here in a local newspaper that said that W.A.S.P. had to cut their set of the first night short cause people were booing them and throwing things at them. People were there for Metallica and only the fact that WASP had sold more albums than Metallica back then justified the fact that they were headlining. I was perceived has an injustice

speak of the devil, (talk about timing)

POSITION # : 34

Track Listing

1. I Wanna Be Somebody
2. L.O.V.E. Machine
3. The Flame
4. B.A.D.
5. School Daze
6. Hellion
7. Sleeping (In The Fire)
8. On Your Knees
9. Tormentor
10. The Torture Never Stops

I got this around ’84-’85, one of my favourite album of that era. It didn’t last long though, 2-3 years, by the time I saw them with Anthrax and Black Sabbath in ’86 supporting their 2 nd full length album ‘’The Last Command’’ I was already moving on with other bands… I don’t even know if their stuff after that is good or not but nevertheless. I had to listen to these songs on youtube for this review cause I only have the casette and I didn’t wanted to go in my car where the only tape player available is. I knew I would love it but I was really impress, A fucking masterpiece still all those years after. How come I don't have this on cd is beyond me. I need to get this on cd. Classic metal with skillsaw blades ! hahaha I used to love that and It didn’t age one bit. All the songs on this are really great, awesome album. The Sleeping In The Fire solo is still one of my favourite solo of all time…

Cheers !
PowerMaiden
Old 03-18-2011, 12:52 PM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerMaiden View Post
Nice story when that show came to Montreal (Wasp\Metallica\Armored Saint) they did 2 nights in an 18 and up venue, that's probably why I didn't go after all hehehe. I have the review of the show here in a local newspaper that said that W.A.S.P. had to cut their set of the first night short cause people were booing them and throwing things at them. People were there for Metallica and only the fact that WASP had sold more albums than Metallica back then justified the fact that they were headlining. I was perceived has an injustice

Perfect timing is right. Here's the link to my retro-review of the show.

http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthr...metallica+wasp

We all thought WASP was headining too even though the ticket said Metallica Wasp and Armored Saint. I'm wondering if them being boo'd at other shows was the reason we got Metallica headlining. I'll tell ya, people here knew Wasp and were singing along and going nuts. I didn't know what to expect but what I got was one of the most incredible times I've ever had at a show.

I personally loved Wasp, Fuck like a Beast and The Last Command. I think I may have even liked The Last Command more but if I were to make a Greatest Wasp songs cd 85-90% of that cd would come from the these albums.
10/24 - Judas Priest & Steel Panther
Old 03-18-2011, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Perfect timing is right. Here's the link to my retro-review of the show.

http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthr...metallica+wasp

We all thought WASP was headining too even though the ticket said Metallica Wasp and Armored Saint. I'm wondering if them being boo'd at other shows was the reason we got Metallica headlining. I'll tell ya, people here knew Wasp and were singing along and going nuts. I didn't know what to expect but what I got was one of the most incredible times I've ever had at a show.

I personally loved Wasp, Fuck like a Beast and The Last Command. I think I may have even liked The Last Command more but if I were to make a Greatest Wasp songs cd 85-90% of that cd would come from the these albums.
awesome !!

Cheers !
PowerMaiden
Old 03-18-2011, 04:19 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

The more I listen to the first WASP album, the more I realize it holds up better than Headless Children. But the weird thing about WASP headlining that show is they only had that one album, so how did they play longer than 40 minutes?

Quote:
43. We all had to get fake ID's to get into the show. All of us made it except 1 guy who was using an out of state id you used to order out of magazines like Circus and Hit Parader. hahaha

I really respect your list and it makes me wonder what albums got me to where I am musically also. The 1st album I ever owned was Alice Cooper - Love it to Death then Deep Purple - Machine Head. Then Kiss Alive changed everything. My 1st concert was Rush on Caress of Steel opening for Kiss. Wasn't impressed with Rush until the last 2 songs In The End and Working Man.
In The End, while a decent tune, is a rather odd choice to be the gateway song to Rush.

Last edited by JRA; 03-18-2011 at 04:27 PM.
Old 03-18-2011, 05:45 PM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
In The End, while a decent tune, is a rather odd choice to be the gateway song to Rush.
Actually it's a beautiful song. Plus I think you need to realize the setlist from that tour. They opened with Bastille Day, In The Mood & Lakeside Park. Not exactly songs to grab the attention of a 10 year old kid. I think Anthem was next then Fly By Night was the 1st song I actually liked and probably set up In The End perfectly. I remember those simplistic chords sounding so amazing to my ears. That riff was so loud, clean and powerful. That's still one of my favorite Rush riffs and I'm sure seeing it live in that capacity played a role in that.

I know we're all different but a song like Tom Sawyer wouldn't be in my Top 30 Rush songs. It's ok, just never liked it that much other than the drumming. They lyrics are just 3rd grade jibberish to me. I'll take Vital Signs, Xanadu and Natural Science over the more popular Rush songs.
10/24 - Judas Priest & Steel Panther
Old 03-18-2011, 09:07 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Actually it's a beautiful song. Plus I think you need to realize the setlist from that tour. They opened with Bastille Day, In The Mood & Lakeside Park. Not exactly songs to grab the attention of a 10 year old kid.
Really? Bastille Day was pretty heavy for 1975.

Last edited by JRA; 03-18-2011 at 09:12 PM.
Old 03-19-2011, 08:49 AM

POSITION # : 33

Track Listing

Side A
1. Ma Patrie Est A Terre
2. 2 Autres Bières
3. Je Chante Comme Un Coyote
4. Hit & Run
5. Femme Qui S’en Vas
6. Le Blues Me Guette
7. Georgia
8. Caline De Blues
9. Seulement Qu’une Aventure
10. La Louve
11. Blues D’en Dessous D’Zéro
12. Poison Rouge

Side B

1. Prend Pas Tout Mon Amour
2. Bar Salon Des 2 Toxons
3. Le L’Sais Ben
4. Faut Que J’me Pousse
5. La Voix Que J’ai
6. Dominus Vobiscum
7. Québec Rock
8. Le Juge Et L’Assassin
9. Drum Solo
10. Zimbabwe
11. Medley : Chu Un Rocker\Jailhouse Rock\Slowdown\Great Balls Of Fire

The last show of my favourite Québécois rock band filmed & recorded at the old Montreal forum back in 1985. They announced that it was their last show so they played like 40 songs \ 3 ½ hours. The track listing here is the one of the 4 track casette that I’ve listened endlessly when I was younger. They released the full concert on dvd a few years ago and I must admit it’s pure magic. So for my official listening I’ve put a few more songs than the casette,cut’s like ‘Ayoye’ , ‘Promenade Sur Mars’ & ‘Les Eaux Qui Dorment’ are cruelly missing so I played them. Most of you guys probably never heard of them, it’s bluesy\rock band sometimes borderline hard rock so if you want to check them out go see this (Ma Patrie Est A Terre): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vOvOhDFjXk it’s taken from that show. The singer who has this beautifull powerfull voice died of cancer in 1990 at the age of 44 or something.

Repose en paix Gerry !
Santé !
PowerMaiden
Old 03-20-2011, 07:17 AM

POSITION # : 32

Track Listing

1. I Don’t Know
2. Crazy Train
3. Goodbye To Romance
4. Dee
5. Suicide Solution
6. Mr. Crowler
7. No Bone Movies
8. Revelation (Mother Earth)
9. Steal Away (The Night)

Amazing offering by the prince of darkness here. His first solo album after getting kicked out of Black Sabbath. The young guitar player that he recruited certainly doesn’t hurt has this will turn out to be one of the most mentionned influencial albums of all metal guitar players. 8 instant & timeless classics were borns here & at least haft of them are still on the Ozzy setlist today 30 years after. That is without counting everytime Crazy Train is blasted in an hockey arena or football stadium to get things started ! I fell in love with that album the first time I’ve listened to it. From the controversial ‘Suicide Solution’ where a young teenager did commit suicide while listening to it, but what a fucking song ! to the superb Revelation Mother Earth where I almost wet my eyes everytime I listen to it, to his farewell song to mark his departure from Sabbath ‘Goodbye To Romance’ to the fast & in your face Steal Away The Night everything here is amazing. My favourite: Mr. Crowley what a chilling song ! Dee is really emotional to listen to since Randy passed away, what a tragic lost to the music that was. One of the best guitar playing album to be ever recorded. Major & important release here !

R.I.P. Randy
Cheers !
PowerMaiden
Old 03-21-2011, 12:00 PM

POSITION # : 31

1982 (released in 2002)

Track Listing

disc1
1. Murders In The Rue Morgue
2. Wrathchild
3. Run To The Hills
4. Children Of The Damned
5. The Number Of The Beast
6. Another Life
7. Killers
8. 22 Acacia Avenue
9. Total Eclipse

Disc 2
1. Transylvania
2. The Prisoner
3. Hallowed Be Thy Name
4. Phantom Of The Opera
5. Iron Maiden
6. Sanctuary
7. Drifter
8. Running Free
9. Prowler

How long have I waited to see this thing coming out. How have I dreamed of this coming out. We had to wait a long 20 years before the best band ever finnally made this recording available.

I remember went I finnally got my Eddie’s Archives boxed set I went to buy myself some real english beer, New Castle Brown Ale as I wanted to really travel in time and fully appreciate the infamous Beast Over Hammersmith show.

Recorded on March 20 th 1982 at the famous Hammersmith Odeon in London, England this show was to support their new album of the time ‘’ The Number Of The Beast’’ and featured their new singer, a certain Mr. Bruce Dickinson. As the album were to be release 2 days latter (on march 22 nd) the audiance didn’t know any of the new stuff with the exeption of the new single ‘’Run To The Hills’’ that was already out.

They started the show with 2 old favourite Murders In The Rue Morgue and Wrathchild to get the crowd on their side but soon they would play 6 songs of the new album plus one b side of it and really this show demonstrate what would Iron Maiden become. In fact they were already there. Priest, Sabbath, Zeppelin you all have been surpassed already. These guys are for real. The musicianship on this thing is absolutetly mindblowing, they slayed totally. What a band ! and the new singer totally makes Paul Di’Anno sound like a ordinary guy. What a range, what a voice. Fucking incredible. They are so aggressive, powerfull, melodic and all in between it’s chilling to hear that. The new kings of metal are born. The best live band was born and this show is the proof of it.

Long Live Iron Maiden.

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Last edited by PowerMaiden; 03-21-2011 at 02:35 PM.
Old 03-21-2011, 01:04 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

One of the few albums I owned that got lost in the wilderness of life and have no idea where it is. I'd declare it the greatest album ever if I fucking had access to it.