Devourment -- Rochester, NY -- July 21st, 2014
Nine Inch Nails -- Morrison, CO -- July 21st, 2014
Helmet -- West Hollywood, CA -- July 11th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 03-14-2011, 06:15 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ghost at Number One View Post
Weird. Burnt Ice is one of my least favorite Megasongs of all time. I'd rather see them play stuff like Go to Hell, Chosen Ones, 99 Ways to Die, Mary Jane, Looking Down the Cross, and the like. To each his own, though. Honestly, I'd be happy (not to mention thoroughly impressed) if they did some serious set renovation, no matter what they ended up playing. Almost.

Oh, and by the way...format?!
Totally forgot about that song when writing my critique of the Megadeth setlist. I'd love to hear that one live, it was the first Megadeth song I ever knew. A shame they haven't performed it in so many years.

Last edited by velvetgrass; 03-14-2011 at 06:19 PM.
Old 03-14-2011, 07:44 PM
N00B

I honestly think Wake Up Dead should be a staple. The part at around 2:00 in with the double-bass and such (after Poland's solo) is usually one of the best parts of a Megadeth show for me.
Essentially, they only songs I think NEED to be played are Peace Sells, Wake Up Dead and Holy Wars. Of course they're going to play Symphony every show but I don't love that song. I'm not really crazy about Tornado to be honest, other than the solo it's kinda lackluster.
Old 03-14-2011, 07:51 PM
I am not a N00B, I am a free man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by camby118 View Post
I honestly think Wake Up Dead should be a staple. The part at around 2:00 in with the double-bass and such (after Poland's solo) is usually one of the best parts of a Megadeth show for me.
Essentially, they only songs I think NEED to be played are Peace Sells, Wake Up Dead and Holy Wars. Of course they're going to play Symphony every show but I don't love that song. I'm not really crazy about Tornado to be honest, other than the solo it's kinda lackluster.
I couldn't agree more about Wake Up Dead, but couldn't agree less about Tornado of Souls.

07/25 - Anthrax / Living Colour
07/31 - Chicago / REO Speedwagon
08/14 - Paul McCartney
10/30 - King Diamond
Old 03-15-2011, 08:11 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ghost at Number One View Post
Weird. Burnt Ice is one of my least favorite Megasongs of all time. I'd rather see them play stuff like Go to Hell, Chosen Ones, 99 Ways to Die, Mary Jane, Looking Down the Cross, and the like. To each his own, though. Honestly, I'd be happy (not to mention thoroughly impressed) if they did some serious set renovation, no matter what they ended up playing. Almost.

Oh, and by the way...format?!
Hey don't get me wrong, I'd love to hear shit like 99 Ways to Die etc, but Burnt Ice is easily one of my favourite Megadeth songs, the solo's are just , But I do respect your opinion for not liking it.

Tags
megadeth, slayer