Judas Priest -- Vorst, Belgium -- March 16th, 1991
Black Label Society -- Memphis, TN -- July 27th, 2014
Megadeth -- Milwaukee, WI -- July 19th, 2013

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 03-07-2011, 05:35 PM
I'm the ghoul of the medical profession

Quote:
Originally Posted by treghet View Post
Someone uploaded a video of some songs from Morbid Angel.

http://www.facebook.com/video/video....44842&comments
I was actually expecting a lot better.
What the hell is with David Vincent's voice? Does he do all old songs like that?
I know this isn't 1989, but that video doesn't have any of the power, intensity or "evilness" that this has, and for some reason I assumed MA shows were still like that
Old 03-07-2011, 06:00 PM
Altars of Radness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzbang11 View Post
What the hell is with David Vincent's voice? Does he do all old songs like that?
I know this isn't 1989, but that video doesn't have any of the power, intensity or "evilness" that this has, and for some reason I assumed MA shows were still like that
Somebody was yelling next to the camera. And they could have been more energetic on stage, but it didn't really bother me. It would have been awesome to stage dive, but the Fox has a barricade.
Old 03-07-2011, 06:01 PM
N00B

I wasn't impressed with the Obituary-set. They seemed lackluster and pretty uninspired. And why was there a million people on the far left side of the stage hanging out while Obituary were playing?
Old 03-07-2011, 06:01 PM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Quote:
Dude that video is from 1989. Its fucking 2011 now bro, you really can't expect Dave to have the same EXACT voice for more than two decades!!! Cmon' man
10/19 - D.R.I
11/10 - Judas Priest
11/14 - Slayer
Old 03-07-2011, 06:06 PM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunnywithachainsaw View Post
I wasn't impressed with the Obituary-set. They seemed lackluster and pretty uninspired. And why was there a million people on the far left side of the stage hanging out while Obituary were playing?
I have no clue what the fuck you are talking about. I was in the main pit floor level for Obituarys set the entire time, everyone was going crazy. OK NOT EVERY SINGLE PERSON, but the video I posted speaks for it self. Also, it wasn't a million people on the far left side, talk about over exaggeration.

No point in arguing. Mindless arguments and conflicts have been dying down on this board lately, and I'm just gonna keep it that way. Yeah, obituary was pretty boring, Morbid angel was lame as fuck, Atheist smells like shit, Anaal Nathrakh Made me fall asleep and Scion Rock fest was the most bullshit half assed festival I have ever been to.

/Rant.
10/19 - D.R.I
11/10 - Judas Priest
11/14 - Slayer
Old 03-07-2011, 06:21 PM
I'm the ghoul of the medical profession

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepultura69 View Post
Dude that video is from 1989. Its fucking 2011 now bro, you really can't expect Dave to have the same EXACT voice for more than two decades!!! Cmon' man
It's not a matter of quality it's the style. Low groove/death vox are boring, I much prefer the mid ranged thrashy ones used on Altars.
Old 03-07-2011, 06:28 PM
Altars of Radness

Quote:
It's not a matter of quality it's the style. Low groove/death vox are boring, I much prefer the mid ranged thrashy ones used on Altars.
They may not sound as mid-range as on Altars, but they're definitely not like the death growls Steve Tucker did.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:31 PM
slave to the grind

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegantopher View Post
Did anyone see the Colonel? I was looking for him cause I need a replacement Sorrower cd cause my friend fucking scratched it before I could save it to my computer I thought I saw him in a General Surgery shirt, but wasn't sure.
Yeah, that was me. Should've come and said hi, I had a bunch of cds on me, including some new stuff! Glad everyone seemed to have a better time than me. My day kinda sucked. Only saw Wormrot, Primate, 3 songs of Nails, and most of Black Breath. Waited in line through Obituary's entire set and half of Morbid Angel's before I gave up on trying to get into Fox. Tried to get back over in time to see some of either Integrity or Anaal Nathrakh, but some dickhead security guard wouldn't let me back in. Said I had shoved my way out through the entrance and knocked a bunch of people over. It wasn't me, I was nowhere near there at the time. Overall I was not impressed with Scion Fest. I enjoyed the few bands I saw, but I can say with certainty that my band will never put a car logo on our record just for a hotel room and a few hundred bucks.
8/9-Sorrower/Blister Unit
Old 03-08-2011, 09:30 AM
Headbanger

Quote:
Totally agree. I was more impressed with the quality of the video and hearing them live for the 1st time in over 10 years. I'd still go see them in a heartbeat
10/24 - Judas Priest & Steel Panther
Old 03-08-2011, 01:49 PM
Kvlt,Grim,Frostbitten,and Grindage

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Colonel View Post
Yeah, that was me. Should've come and said hi, I had a bunch of cds on me, including some new stuff! Glad everyone seemed to have a better time than me. My day kinda sucked. Only saw Wormrot, Primate, 3 songs of Nails, and most of Black Breath. Waited in line through Obituary's entire set and half of Morbid Angel's before I gave up on trying to get into Fox. Tried to get back over in time to see some of either Integrity or Anaal Nathrakh, but some dickhead security guard wouldn't let me back in. Said I had shoved my way out through the entrance and knocked a bunch of people over. It wasn't me, I was nowhere near there at the time. Overall I was not impressed with Scion Fest. I enjoyed the few bands I saw, but I can say with certainty that my band will never put a car logo on our record just for a hotel room and a few hundred bucks.
awww man that sucks
9/12-Samhain/Goatwhore
10/31-King Diamond

Tags
anaal nathrakh, atheist, death angel, immolation, morbid angel, municipal waste, nails, obituary, primate