Do they really need to play 7 songs from Altars of Madness
Yes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
Do they really need to play 7 songs from Covenant
No.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
And for fucks sake, they play more songs from Domination than from Blessed Are The Sick! That's just wrong.
Yes. Definitely

Frankly, I'd be a little frustrated with that set if I saw them, but I'd still be head over heels with seeing them at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
You're all welcome for me introducing you to them, damn!
You actually do deserve thanks, even if this was tongue in cheek. I had already listened to and discarded them, and if it wasn't for your slightly annoying fanboyism I wouldn't have given them another change. If we ever argue, use that card. You deserve it.
Old 03-06-2011, 06:44 PM
Altars of Radness

Honestly, I would have liked to hear more from Blessed Are the Sick but that set still kicks ass. How many bands still play that much old stuff?
Old 03-06-2011, 07:25 PM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzbang11 View Post
How did NONE of you people see Christian Mistress?
I saw em for a second but wasn't diggin it
6/6-Ink n Iron
6/13-Goddamn Gallows
8/28-8/31-Muddy Roots
Old 03-06-2011, 07:32 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by treghet View Post
Honestly, I would have liked to hear more from Blessed Are the Sick but that set still kicks ass. How many bands still play that much old stuff?
Like I said it wasn't offensive, but they really need to switch it up. They could at least drop 2 Covenant songs and 1 Altars song foe 3 Blessed songs. Or at least switch the songs they are playing (I'd rather hear Angel of Disease over Blood On My Hands any day).
Old 03-06-2011, 07:37 PM
I'm the ghoul of the medical profession

I've never seen CM live, but I loved their album and had I gone they would have been one of the bands I'd make a point to check out.

Altars is the only Morbid Angel album I absolutely worship, so I'll take as many songs off it as possible. Blessed is boring as shit, Covenant is pretty cool, Domination is decent and the rest just sucks.
Old 03-06-2011, 07:52 PM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

Quote:
You also have to realize they have 4 albums to really play from at the moment, they will have 5 when the new one is dropped. Dave Vincent doesn't want to play anything he wasn't apart of. Its still kind of shocking he plays Bil Ur Sag.
6/6-Ink n Iron
6/13-Goddamn Gallows
8/28-8/31-Muddy Roots
Old 03-06-2011, 08:00 PM
Kvlt,Grim,Frostbitten,and Grindage

God damn I have no idea were to start. Im still sore as fuck.Bands I didnt see that Im bummbed i didnt see were Morbid Angel,Obituary,Atheist,and Integrity(seen em) and Crom(awww!). So me and my buds got there. I love my local bands so I saw and talked to Big Mike of DxAxFx and RF7,Marty of SMD(free stickers!),Sergio of one of one my favorite bands ACxDC,Cynthia of Despise You,Moose from Scythe,Premuntion dudes,Konan of Exmortus and Alladin the original singer of Bonded By Blood.

First band that played and probably the 2nd most band I wanted to see was Wormrot. This band is a 3 piece for Singapore. I wanted to see em the day before but I had no cash. Ive been a huge fan of these guys for a while and seeing them live made me love love them a million times more. Before they started I saw the guitar n drummer hanging out. I told them how much I love them and they were happy. I got a shirt right away. They started and People went nuts. Tho they were the first band to play at the tent,they were the band most people wanted to see there. They started and I went nuts. I kept screaming the whole time and headbanging and dancing stupidly. The singer told people to buy merch then I yelled "I alredy did!" and he pointed at me and said "Fuck yeah!". RJTurtles gf hated them!

Up next was another of my favorite Grind bands;Fuck the Facts. Now get this. Last time I saw them was in July I believe. The singer Mel was like 5 months pregnant and sang her ass off. Never have I been so amaze by a singers performance. They were setting up I yelled at guitar player Topon Dos and thanked him for the free dvd I won in their contest . They started off and they did a really good job this time. Topon told me their last show sucked ass. Im guessing cause not many people were there and since she was about to pop. They played sooo much better today and im glad they've been doing this for 10 years already. I suggest you see them when you can.

I had recently found out that singer Kevin Sharp has a new band called Primate with the guitar player of Mastodon. Right away I excited for this since I knew they were playing this fest. They barley started doing everything but they just released their EP that I have to listen to as well. Barefoot Kevin once again made my hair rise and I was swingin my head all over the place and singing a long to their Black flag cover of Drinking & Driving. I'm a huge fan of Kevin Sharp. And he was really nice enough to take a pic with me.

After Primate I tried to go in line for Atheist. Yeahh it was bigger than a donkey dick so that wasn't gonna happen. Good thing I had a back up plan in case: Go back to the Grind tent and watch Nails since I seem to miss them every single time. This could've been my 3rd time seeing them for free too! But I ditched in the summer cause another band was playing(bad choice) and I couldn't get inside for the scion show . Plus I missed the Ceremony show last week. Anywho,I finally saw em. Of coarse the fan base was huge and the Grind tent ive been in all day got kinda crowded. I lost my spot upfront but fuck it. They did a great job and did almost everything of their Unsilent Death EP. If your into Crusty hxc this bands for you. Ill be seeing these guys again soon.

After we went go get grub at Grill 'Em All(look it up) and pee brakes. Me and my two Grind buddies were tired as fuck. No one else was playing so I saw Black Breath again for the 3rd(free) time. As always the satanic hardcore band was great but 2 fights broke out and someone threw a stink bomb. After being at the Grind tent all day it time to leave it. Black Breath never disappoints.

I had to make a drastic move. I really didn't wanna miss Municipal Waste but I wanted to see Obituary. And after the line I saw for Atheist I didn't wanna risk it. So I sadly ditched Obituary for Thrash legends Death Angel. I saw em last year and they put on a really good show. I went upstairs to see them with RJT cause we both wanted save our energy for the Waste! Overall Death Angel did a great job.

Finally I get down stairs and all my main buddys i was wit all day meet up. Unfortunately my buddy who went to Obituary came in like nothing. So that sucked. Waste was setting up. Twice that day I ran into Bass player Landphil(also of Cannabis Corpse). I hugged him and asked if there would ever a be a Waste/Cannabis Corpse/No Friends show. He laughed and didn't answer me when i asked if he was high. Guitar player Ryan Waste was fixing his Mic stand. People were yelling MW stuff to him but I yelled "VULTURE!". He looked for me then gave me a sticker. I yelled at drummer for a Black Army Jacket reunion. He smiled. Waste started place went nuts. Coming in the Roseanne theme song made it more brutal. I was screaming and singing along. The crowed was lame. No one tried to pick me up and some girl started punching me cause I accidentally grabbed her hair. Guess the was a lot of peoples first thrash show. Throwing beer at the audience and staring wall of deaths are one of the many reason EVERYONE need to see The Waste. All I can say about it is FUCK! WHAT A RUSHHHHH!

Sorry Manks,I was way toooo tired to enjoy AN but i saw em. They did a great job and all but i was tooo pooped to get intot hem. Overall this was a badass fuckin show.
5/17-Midnight/Speedwolf
Old 03-06-2011, 08:22 PM
Altars of Radness

Quote:
Originally Posted by elturtleboy View Post
...but 2 fights broke out and someone threw a stink bomb.

No one tried to pick me up and some girl started punching me cause I accidentally grabbed her hair.
Those parts must have sucked, but otherwise pretty cool. We only saw one of the same bands (Wormrot), so I'm glad you posted a review. I wanted to know how the rest of the show was, since there was so much going on all day.
Old 03-06-2011, 08:38 PM
Kvlt,Grim,Frostbitten,and Grindage

Quote:
Those parts must have sucked, but otherwise pretty cool. We only saw one of the same bands (Wormrot), so I'm glad you posted a review. I wanted to know how the rest of the show was, since there was so much going on all day.
I didnt see u this time! I figured u were gonna be at the death/black metal bands all day.
5/17-Midnight/Speedwolf
Old 03-06-2011, 08:46 PM
Altars of Radness

Quote:
Originally Posted by elturtleboy View Post
I didnt see u this time! I figured u were gonna be at the death/black metal bands all day.
I saw you guys walk by me before Wormrot but I didn't want to barge in because it looked like you guys were having a conversation. And then I didn't see you after that. We will meet again... one day!

Tags
anaal nathrakh, atheist, death angel, immolation, morbid angel, municipal waste, nails, obituary, primate