Otherwise -- Sturtevant, WI -- September 19th, 2014
Eluveitie -- Baltimore, MD -- September 19th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 03-06-2011, 02:05 PM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew_metalhead View Post
Holy Diver was fucking great \m/
Hey andrew, did you ever get to talk to Mark from Death Angel? He was pretty much roaming around Scion rock fest all day and night. I went up to him during the day time and told him how great they were at chain reaction in Anahiem. He shook my hand, said how flattered he was and how it meant a lot to him for me coming out and showing up for the show and ect

I assume you got to have your 15 minutes of fame with him as well. I mean its impossible if you didn't, he was LITERALLY roaming all around scion rock fest like any of the other fans, just walking around
11/14 - Slayer
Old 03-06-2011, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treghet View Post
Are you sure? Because I put all the songs in my phone as they were playing them. Also, "Internal Bleeding" hasn't been on their recent setlists that I looked at, so I don't think they did it last night. .
Neither did Immolation with "Into Ever Lasting Fire". Last time I checked, it wasn't even on any of the setlists for their recent U.S tour, but they played it at scion rock fest. I'm 110% positive that they played "Internal Bleeding" For one simple reason...

"WE'RE GONNA TAKE YOU BACK TO OUR VERY FIRST RECORD, THIS IS, INTERNAL BLEEDIINNNNG" - John

You really don't remember that? Either way, I wouldn't lie to ya treghet.
11/14 - Slayer

Last edited by Sepultura69; 03-06-2011 at 02:21 PM.
Old 03-06-2011, 02:21 PM
Altars of Radness

I remember him saying "We're gonna take you back a few records" but I don't recall what song he said that before. If you can remember where it was in the set I'll put it in.

And Ross announced "Into Everlasting Fire". It wasn't on the setlist for their last tour, but they have played it a lot at past shows.

And is it possible the first song on Immolation's set was "Hate's Plague"? I remember it being a pretty short song.

Last edited by treghet; 03-06-2011 at 02:24 PM.
Old 03-06-2011, 02:32 PM

Quote:
I remember him saying "We're gonna take you back a few records" but I don't recall what song he said that before. If you can remember where it was in the set I'll put it in.
I remember him saying that as well AND I remember him saying "We're gonna take you back to our very first record, this is INTERNAL BLEEDDDIINNNngah", as for when this was? I wanna say this was 3-4 songs before "Slowly We Rot". If there is one thing that I remember about Obituarys set, it was hearing "Internal Bleeding" because I kept screaming for them to play "Godly beings" or just anything off the first record and this was around the same exact time they decided to go into "Internal Bleeding". Also, how did you and your buddy end up on the balcony for Obituary? It sounds like we both went to see Obituary at the same time but ended with different outcomes, I ended up getting into the main floor level while you had to go to the balcony level?
11/14 - Slayer

Last edited by Sepultura69; 03-06-2011 at 02:35 PM.
Old 03-06-2011, 02:39 PM
Altars of Radness

My friend wanted to sit down, so we just went up there, since I couldn't get into the floor level. I probably could have got in on the other side like I did for Morbid Angel, but I didn't realize that until later. It's not a big deal though, it was still awesome. The balcony was pretty packed though, and I bet it was the same for when Morbid Angel played. I read that they let in too many people for Morbid Angel and the fire marshal declared it was over capacity, so they couldn't let in anybody else, even if people were walking out.
Old 03-06-2011, 02:50 PM

Quote:
My friend wanted to sit down, so we just went up there, since I couldn't get into the floor level. I probably could have got in on the other side like I did for Morbid Angel, but I didn't realize that until later. It's not a big deal though, it was still awesome. The balcony was pretty packed though, and I bet it was the same for when Morbid Angel played. I read that they let in too many people for Morbid Angel and the fire marshal declared it was over capacity, so they couldn't let in anybody else, even if people were walking out.
Yeah, I heard about that actually. I remember going back to my car and hearing some girl bitching on the phone saying "THEY WOULDN'T LET ME IN FOR MORBID ANGEL" or something to that extent. I'm glad you got to make it in and see them

I think My "show of 2011" may have arrived a little early, still too soon....but a really great way to kick off the new year
11/14 - Slayer

Last edited by Sepultura69; 03-06-2011 at 02:53 PM.
Old 03-06-2011, 02:54 PM
Altars of Radness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepultura69 View Post
I remember him saying that as well AND I remember him saying "We're gonna take you back to our very first record, this is INTERNAL BLEEDDDIINNNngah", as for when this was? I wanna say this was 3-4 songs before "Slowly We Rot". If there is one thing that I remember about Obituarys set, it was hearing "Internal Bleeding" because I kept screaming for them to play "Godly beings" or just anything off the first record and this was around the same exact time they decided to go into "Internal Bleeding". Also, how did you and your buddy end up on the balcony for Obituary? It sounds like we both went to see Obituary at the same time but ended with different outcomes, I ended up getting into the main floor level while you had to go to the balcony level?
I think I might have got it mixed up with "Contrast the Dead" somehow. Because I'm listening to it now, and I don't think they played it. Does that sound that right? That's about where you said it was played, too.

EDIT: And I just scrolled through the news section on Obituary's site and they said for the 70,000 Tons of Metal cruise "We are bustn' out some old classics that we have [not] played in a while for this show, so this is going to be awesome!" So it seems a lot more likely that they decided to play "Internal Bleeding", since they probably played it on the cruise.

Last edited by treghet; 03-06-2011 at 03:02 PM.
Old 03-06-2011, 03:04 PM

Quote:
I think I might have got it mixed up with "Contrast the Dead" somehow. Because I'm listening to it now, and I don't think they played it. Does that sound that right? That's about where you said it was played, too.
oh snap! Now its all coming back together, Now I remember!

They played "Internal Bleeding" RIGHT After Final Thought. I know because I was going all out during "Final Thought", and then when they went into "Internal Bleeding" I left the pit for a minute, I kind of had to stop and catch my breath cause I had no water and I was getting pretty drained....after a minute...I went back to finish what I started. I remember little things like these for some reason.

They didn't Maybe play it or could have played it. They did IN FACT play "Internal Bleeding" right after Final Thought(or was it right before it?). Either way, they most definitely played both songs around the same time, while nearing the end of the set.
11/14 - Slayer

Last edited by Sepultura69; 03-06-2011 at 03:07 PM.
Old 03-06-2011, 03:11 PM
Altars of Radness

Thanks for the help. I think we've got the set correct now!

And I just put "Hate's Plague" as Immolation's first song in my post, since I'm pretty sure that's what it was.
Old 03-06-2011, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the help. I think we've got the set correct now!

And I just put "Hate's Plague" as Immolation's first song in my post, since I'm pretty sure that's what it was.
No problem, man. You know what? Kind of random, but... During most Wormrots set I kept saying to myself "Goddamn if these guys ever played at the Chain Reaction I would be there in a heart beat".

The Chain Reaction would be a the perfect place for a band like Wormrot to play. In fact, I can easily see them playing there one day.
11/14 - Slayer

Tags
anaal nathrakh, atheist, death angel, immolation, morbid angel, municipal waste, nails, obituary, primate