Midnight -- Toronto, Ontario -- July 12th, 2014
Satanic Warmaster -- Mexico City, Mexico -- July 5th, 2014
Dying Fetus -- Merriam, KS -- July 12th, 2014
Phobia -- Tempe, AZ -- July 11th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 03-06-2011, 12:35 AM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

Scion Rock Fest -- Pomona, CA -- March 5th, 2011

I'm not going into a full review right now cause I'm dead tired. People need to add setlists for all the bands I missed. I only saw Primate, Nails, Agalloch, Obituary and Morbid Angel. Definitely know Primate and Morbid Angels set, know a bit of Nails but thats it

Primate

March of the Curmudgeion
Social Seizure
Global Division
Silence in Violence
Hellbound
Headache
Decay/Attack
Wasted Youth
Goon
Draw Back a Stump
Drinking and Driving (Black Flag)
Street Fight
Get the Fuck Off my Lawn
Pride
Reform

Nails

They played most of Unsilent Death, only 15 minutes, don't know the set for sure

Morbid Angel

Rapture
Pain Divine
Maze of Torment
Sworn to the Black
Nevermore
Lord of Fevers and Plague
Immortal Rites
Falling From Grace
Blasphemy
Chapel of Ghouls
Dawn of the Angry
Where the Slime Live
Bil Ur-Sag
Blood on my Hands
God of Emptiness
World of Shit

Morbid Angel was a big let down, they played the same exact set as two years ago. Tim sounded great, just played too fast at times and jumped to the next part too soon. I was able to meet him after and have my...yeah set times signed hahaha. Overall a fun day, I'm glad I ended up going.
Old 03-06-2011, 12:46 AM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

I just got back...

Just gonna add my 2 quick cents on the show..

-Standing in the "will call" line from 1 pm to 4pm was a little annoying. I really wish I could have just got my wristband at a record store or something, that would have made the trip here and getting in WAY EASIER. But I still had a ball.

-WORMROT! HOLY LIVING FUCK WERE THESE GUYS INSANE. I Think I may have just found my new favorite band. I would say these guys were really one of my favorite acts during the day. They Really blew me away.

-Maybe it was because I was on the faaar right side of the amps but I thought Woe sounded pretty horrible. Different stroke different folks. I don't think the band sucks, I just think the sound was really bad but It wasn't really the bands fault.

-OBITUARY was amazing as usual.

- Immolation was good. NOT GREAT. It was my first time seeing them and they sounded decent....but that's it. I definitely wouldn't go see them if they were goin on a headlining tour again.

-I missed all of Atheists set because I was in line trying to get inside to see them but for some reason they weren't letting anyone in, maybe it was too full? I have no clue, all I know is I pretty much stood in line for their entire set and they finally let people in once the band finished playing. I would say this was the shittiest/biggest let down of the night for me

-Integrity was really awesome, lots of energy, good vibes, Loved their set. The only thing that ruined their set for me was the stupid Hardcore dancing/Karate Ninjas that were swinging their fists and doing the hop scotch dance.

-Anaal Nathrakh was EPIC, EPIC, EPIC!!! The only thing that sucked about their set was that they only played a good 40 minutes while the other "final" bands in the other stages and tents were playing for 60-70 minutes which I thought was pretty bullshit. Anyways, I was pretty much shitting bricks for their entire set. That is all. America Loves you A.N. COME BACK TO AMERICA SOON

-Last but not least. I got to meet one of the members on this board after Anaal Nathrakh was done. That member happens to be Idrinkewine. We just had a quick brief little "YO WHATS CRACKIN, GOOD TO MEET YOU" moment. Idrinkwine, it was awesome meeting you at Scion Rock fest. I forgot to ask you this while we were talking but did you finally get to see death angel? Anyways, hope you did man, and again...good meeting you dude. It's always a pleasure meeting other people on this awesome board.

Alright I'll stop now, Anyways. Once again, I hope all of you guys got to see all the bands you came for. Hope to hear others experiences. Anyways, i'm off to sleep. It's been a long(and GREAT) fucking day.

PEACE
11/10 - Judas Priest
11/14 - Slayer
Old 03-06-2011, 03:28 AM
Altars of Radness

Well this was an incredible day to say the least. I'd really like to thank Scion for putting this all on for us!

My friend and I arrived a bit before 3 and waited for Wormrot at tent #1. The street had been blocked off and there was a lot of rent-a-cops around, as well as a couple actual ones. There were also a few food trucks there. A lot of people were already lining up to get into the Glasshouse, while others were getting their wristbands at the will call tent. Needless to say, it was really cool to see a whole block of downtown Pomona dedicated to metal for the day.

Wormrot went on as scheduled and the tent filled up immediately. Their sound was spot on and they seemed really happy with the response they were getting. The pit got going pretty good a few times and I joined in. I assume the set was the same as the one from the night before, so refer to vegantopher's thread if you are looking for it. After the finished up I went and bought their CD, Abuse.

Next we headed over to the Fox Theater. We saw Crom's last song and then I bought a Morbid Angel shirt. We went and dropped the stuff off in the car and got some food, then headed over to tent #2 to see Woe. When we got there they had already been playing for a while, but we got to see four songs I believe. I had never listened to them beforehand, but they sounded really good from what I could tell. I'll have to look into them more now.

Right after Woe we headed to the Glasshouse to see Atheist. It was packed when we got in, and within a couple minutes the band started playing. I admit, the sound in the Glasshouse was a little off, but they were still awesome. The set was pretty nice, although I felt it really needed "Unholy War". Kelly was energetic on stage and seemed to be really enjoying himself. I got to talk to him briefly later on and he was really nice. Here's what they played:
  1. Unquestionable Presence
  2. Second to Sun
  3. On They Slay
  4. Mineral
  5. Fraudulent Cloth
  6. Your Life's Retribution
  7. Live and Live Again
  8. An Incarnation's Dream
  9. Piece of Time

Immolation was going to play next so we stayed at the Glasshouse for them. As I mentioned, the sound was a bit off for Atheist, and Immolation had the same problem. The drums were much too loud in the mix. I know Immolation usually has the drums louder than most bands, but they were obnoxiously high this time. And the bass drums sounded really flat. Aside from that, the band was great, as usual. The set was solid, and I'm glad they kept a song from the first album on it. The venue was about as packed as it was for Atheist, so that made it pretty fun, especially considering the last time I saw them there weren't many people.
  1. Hate's Plague
  2. The Purge
  3. Father, You're Not A Father
  4. Den of Thieves
  5. Majesty and Decay
  6. Passion Kill
  7. A Glorious Epoch
  8. Into Everlasting Fire
  9. World Agony
  10. Power and Shame

After Immolation we moved back to the Fox Theater. I was hoping to catch the end of Agalloch, but by the time we got through the line and inside they had already finished. We waited for Obituary to come on and man did they slay. Weren't able to get onto the floor level because it was full, so after a couple songs we went upstairs and watched from the balcony level. I felt the need to be in the pit, but I was happy to at least be seeing them. John Tardy is one of my favorite death metal vocalists, and hearing him live was incredible. He truly sounds like he is dying on stage, letting out the last painful screams before leaving this mortal world. I was very satisfied with their set, and I hope to see them again soon.
  1. Redneck Stomp
  2. On the Floor
  3. Chopped In Half / Turned Inside Out
  4. Dying
  5. The End Complete
  6. Threatening Skies
  7. Forces Realign
  8. Final Thoughts
  9. Internal Bleeding
  10. Blood to Give
  11. Slow Death
  12. Evil Ways
  13. Slowly We Rot

Once Obituary had finished up we headed back downstairs for Morbid Angel. On the left side of the theater the security guy wasn't letting people into the floor level, but I saw some people go down there on the right side, so we went over there to see if we could get in. On that side there was a line set up a couple security guys were letting people in one by one. We were lucky enough to get in! After a little wait the lights went out and the ominous intro began to play. As the stage filled with fog the band slowly appeared and went right into the first song. The pit exploded and people on the sides were getting smashed into. This is the intensity I was hoping for. For the first half of the set I was in and out of the pit, until I started to feel light headed from dehydration. For the rest of the set I stood a bit off to the side, headbanging. I could see why vegantopher would be disappointed seeing the same set over again, but for me it was mesmerizing, since it was my first time seeing the band. They played all of my favorite songs from Altars of Madness and other great stuff. I don't think I have enjoyed a show this much since I saw Carcass on their last tour, and that's saying a lot. Morbid Angel blew me away. And I'll leave it at that.

I hope all of you who attended had a good time as well!

Last edited by treghet; 03-13-2011 at 04:24 PM.
Old 03-06-2011, 06:53 AM
and you can never quarantine the past

Sounds like a great time. Sucks that Morbid Angel was packed, but eh.
now where's the fucking group picture
Old 03-06-2011, 08:03 AM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Quote:
Originally Posted by treghet View Post
We waited for Obituary to come on and man did they slay. Weren't able to get onto the floor level because it was full, so after a couple songs we went upstairs and watched from the balcony level. I felt the need to be in the pit
How late did you get to obituary after immolation finished? After Immolation finished I took my sweet time getting to the fox theater, luckily I was still able to get on to the main pit floor. The best part about their set was the HUGE army of people from the balcony bumrushing the guards and getting into the main pit floor. That was fucking great! A good 40-60 people managed to get on to the main pit floor so It was EVEN MORE PACKED than it should be!! Poor Security guard, he fell straight to the floor as he was getting ran over by a bunch of raging obituary fans. It was like a huge waterfall full of metalheads just splashed him in the face and knocked him straight down, I really can't explain it. The mosh pit(it was just one big pit on the main floor)for Obituary was fucking brutal and I was very happy to be a part of that

Also, were you and your friends the first people in line for Wormrot? How far were you from getting inside the tent? I think I may have possibly been behind you guys(I'm not talking about inside the show, I'm just talking about while we waited in line) because I was only maybe 3-4 people away from getting inside the tent while I waited in line.

EDIT: treget, Chopped in half was indeed the 2nd song of the set. But I don't think they played the entire song. In fact, correct me if I'm wrong, but I could have swore they played another song in between "Chopped in Half". I know for a fact they didn't play the entire song. Maybe a medley? I have no idea, I was too busy moshing and headbanging to pay much attention but I'm pretty certain they didn't play "Chopped in Half" in its entirety. A "medley" if you wanna call it? Unfortunately I don't remember what song it was that they played in between chopped in half. All I remember after the solo is finished they go into another song?
11/10 - Judas Priest
11/14 - Slayer

Last edited by Sepultura69; 03-06-2011 at 08:23 AM.
Old 03-06-2011, 08:24 AM
Sad Wings Of Destiny

They do a Chopped in Half/Turned Inside Out medley.
10/15 - Amon Amarth, Sabaton
Old 03-06-2011, 10:14 AM
N00B

CHOPPED IN HAWWWWW!!!!!!

fuck, this fest would have been insane. I have to see Immolation and Morbid Angel before I die.
Old 03-06-2011, 10:15 AM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

This sounds completely insane. Wish I could have lived a little closer to see this, Morbid Angel in that kind of atmosphere would have been complete mayhem.

I do agree with what was earlier said of Immolation: they were good last fall when I saw 'em, but not great. Vader blew them out of the water as openers, I felt.
Old 03-06-2011, 10:16 AM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Sooooo Anaal Nathrakh set plz?
07/25 - Masked Intruder
07/31 - Warped
Old 03-06-2011, 10:22 AM
Kvlt,Grim,Frostbitten,and Grindage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
Sooooo Anaal Nathrakh set plz?
NEVER
8/6-Oathbreaker/Seizures

Tags
anaal nathrakh, atheist, death angel, immolation, morbid angel, municipal waste, nails, obituary, primate