The Goddamn Gallows -- Long Beach, CA -- April 16th, 2014
Unearth -- Ottawa, Ontario -- April 15th, 2014
Black Sabbath -- Ottawa, Ontario -- April 13th, 2014
Nile -- Baltimore, MD -- April 15th, 2014
Within Temptation -- Newcastle, England -- April 14th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat > Video Games

Old 11-14-2010, 11:28 AM
Concert Veteran

GTA 3 for me. I lost 6 months of my life playing that one. I've been playing video games since I had an atari back when I was a little kid and up to that point I never saw a game like GTA 3. The format of the game and the way they did everything was like nothing i'd seen before and it really blew me away and hooked me for a long time.

I was working at a KB Toys store when GTA 3 came out and under no circumstances were we to sell it to any kid under 17. If we had any doubts about the age we asked for an ID or ask them to have a parent or somebody old enough to buy it for them. That made the game even a bigger deal than it already was. Parents would come in and want to buy it for their kids without having a clue what the game was. Unfortunately we had to inform them what the game had in it before they made the purchase. Some parents would pass after finding out, while others didn't care at all. It didn't matter if they decided not to get it because the game was selling so well we weren't losing any money when some did that.

Vice City was cool especially with the 80s theme to it. San Andreas was fun for about a week or two but I gave up on that not too long after I started it. For whatever reason it didn't do that much for me. I haven't been paying attention lately so I don't know if they've come out with any other ones since San Andreas.
Old 11-14-2010, 11:40 AM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
GTA 3 for me. I lost 6 months of my life playing that one. I've been playing video games since I had an atari back when I was a little kid and up to that point I never saw a game like GTA 3. The format of the game and the way they did everything was like nothing i'd seen before and it really blew me away and hooked me for a long time.

I was working at a KB Toys store when GTA 3 came out and under no circumstances were we to sell it to any kid under 17. If we had any doubts about the age we asked for an ID or ask them to have a parent or somebody old enough to buy it for them. That made the game even a bigger deal than it already was. Parents would come in and want to buy it for their kids without having a clue what the game was. Unfortunately we had to inform them what the game had in it before they made the purchase. Some parents would pass after finding out, while others didn't care at all. It didn't matter if they decided not to get it because the game was selling so well we weren't losing any money when some did that.
I agree with every statement you made! When i got GTA III back in 2001/2002 for my ps2...JUST LIKE YOU, I was totally blown away by everything the game had to offer. I use to be a hardcore video game nerd. I ain't no Atari old school Cat like you but I started my early young years with Sega Genesis, Super Nintendo the whole nine yards....and up till 2001 I had never played anything like this game before.....Which is why GTA III is my favorite out of the entire series.

Basicly its like this

GTA III

Every other game after GTA III, Such as Vice City or San Andreas

GTA III blew my mind away, everything else that came out I was just well prepared and ready to have some fun with it.

Oh yeah did I mention when I got GTA III back in the day, I also got it with my PS2 with no MEMORY CARD....so for the the next 2 months I would get as far as I could and then turn the game off and go on with my day...each day I got farther and farther....sadly I had no memory card so I always had to start from scratch untill I finally fucking got one

It did get a little frustrating having to beat the first island and then getting to the 2nd after killing Salvetoria Leon only to turn off my game and and re play that whole damn scenario
5/11 - Saint Vitus
Old 03-04-2011, 11:34 PM
Hell Bent for Liquor

Vice City was my favorite... after that, it all went to shit.

Actually, I don't care for anything Rockstar has put out in the last 5 years or so. Even Red Dead Redemption I found to be incredibly boring. Not up to par with the current generation of gaming.
More real than any god ever was
Old 03-04-2011, 11:38 PM
Happy birthday, darling. We love you very very very very very very much

Uh, the one where you steal cars, kill people, and have an obscene number of weapons in your pant pockets?
3/15 Gogol Bordello
Old 03-04-2011, 11:58 PM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutalDescent View Post
Uh, the one where you steal cars, kill people, and have an obscene number of weapons in your pant pockets?
Which one is that???

*I'm not Indestructible, please know I'm joking*
Old 03-05-2011, 12:16 AM
Happy birthday, darling. We love you very very very very very very much

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
Which one is that???

*I'm not Indestructible, please know I'm joking*
3/15 Gogol Bordello
Old 03-05-2011, 10:52 AM
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malevolent Mike View Post
Vice City was my favorite... after that, it all went to shit.

Actually, I don't care for anything Rockstar has put out in the last 5 years or so. Even Red Dead Redemption I found to be incredibly boring. Not up to par with the current generation of gaming.
Seriously? I thought RDR was one of the best games I've ever played. I couldn't put the fucking controller down. But hey, different strokes.
Old 03-05-2011, 11:10 AM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

I liked Vice City the best because:

1. the music
2. It was the first GTA I ever played, aside from the very first one which wasn't that great.
3. The map was a perfect size, big enough where you could explore but still get familiar with it
4. the scene where you get a private dance and Obsession by Animotion is playing, classic
5. I always liked that cheat where you could spawn that tank and the only real was to die was stop and get out. The other games had a "super vehicle" to spawn but they could still get shot down, not that one, or at least I never did.

I'd say it's followed by San Andreas but I agree that there was just too much and it got overwhelming. IV would have probably been my favorite if the soundtrack was better. Nothing beat driving around to Bark at the Moon or Midlife Crisis, instead IV had all this music I'd never heard. Not that was a problem, just after the previous two got me so used to driving around to all that music I loved I came to expect it and when it wasn't there I was really dissapointed.

I can see why so many people love III, it pretty much broke the mold and set the standard for the last ten years. I never got too far into it though. After I played both Vice City and San Andreas for pretty much six straight months I tried playing III, but I had overdosed on GTA and had to stop ten hours in. Even when IV came out two years later I only managed about 40 hours before I had to put it away, I was just at the point where it was unenjoyable.
07/04 - Agalloch
08/23 - Alice in Chains
12/06 - the Music of Final Fantasy

Last edited by adamclark52; 03-05-2011 at 11:19 AM.