Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Exodus -- West Springfield, VA -- November 25th, 2014
Bob Seger -- Saginaw, MI -- November 19th, 2014
Ace Frehley -- Uncasville, CT -- November 21st, 2014
Nuclear War Now! Fest IV -- Berlin, Germany -- November 7-8th, 2014
Deafheaven -- Toronto, Ontario -- November 21st, 2014

  #1  
Old 03-02-2011, 02:16 AM
ravenheart's Avatar
ravenheart ravenheart is offline
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: England
Posts: 18,706
New un-named supergroup

Vocals - Tony Martin (ex-Black Sabbath/Empire)
Guitar - Andy LaRocque (King Diamond)
Bass - Magnus Rosen (ex-HammerFall/X-World 5)
Drums - Danny Needham (Venom)

Currently writing and recording but don't have a band name yet. They're claiming it's a proper band, not just a one-off project, so hopefully that means some touring.
__________________
www.jukeboxmetal.com
http://jukeboxmetal.blogspot.com

20/11 Threshold
27/11 Accept
16/12 Metal All-Stars
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-02-2011, 05:01 AM
Spiral_Slave's Avatar
Spiral_Slave Spiral_Slave is offline
Dharma Wants You
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: The Island
Posts: 5,242
I guess LaRocque joining a name band is band news for King Diamond.
__________________
>: 4 8 15 16 23 42
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-02-2011, 09:37 AM
ravenheart's Avatar
ravenheart ravenheart is offline
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: England
Posts: 18,706
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiral_Slave View Post
I guess LaRocque joining a name band is band news for King Diamond.
Nah. LaRocque is constantly doing other things. I doubt it will make any difference. Especially as King Diamond don't do anything anyway.
__________________
www.jukeboxmetal.com
http://jukeboxmetal.blogspot.com

20/11 Threshold
27/11 Accept
16/12 Metal All-Stars
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-02-2011, 10:27 AM
cradle_of_maiden cradle_of_maiden is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
Vocals - Tony Martin (ex-Black Sabbath/Empire)
Guitar - Andy LaRocque (King Diamond)
Bass - Magnus Rosen (ex-HammerFall/X-World 5)
Drums - Danny Needham (Venom)

Currently writing and recording but don't have a band name yet. They're claiming it's a proper band, not just a one-off project, so hopefully that means some touring.
Finally Tony Martin is back! Hopefully we will hear some of his Sabbath songs in the set. Headless Cross was a fantastic album, as was Tyr and Cross Purposes. Forbidden was, uh, not so good though lol.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-02-2011, 11:42 AM
Maiden33's Avatar
Maiden33 Maiden33 is offline
In Search of Truth
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 9,930
Very excited about this.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-02-2011, 11:53 AM
HackedUpForBBQ's Avatar
HackedUpForBBQ HackedUpForBBQ is offline
Pass the steak sauce
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Niagara Falls/Buffalo, NY
Posts: 506
Andy LaRocque! Love his guitar playing, can't wait to hear this
__________________
10/17 - Nunslaughter
10/18 - Anvil
10/19 - THE KING
10/20 - Iron Reagan
10/23 - Dead Congregation
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-02-2011, 12:28 PM
ravenheart's Avatar
ravenheart ravenheart is offline
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: England
Posts: 18,706
Quote:
Originally Posted by cradle_of_maiden View Post
Finally Tony Martin is back! Hopefully we will hear some of his Sabbath songs in the set. Headless Cross was a fantastic album, as was Tyr and Cross Purposes. Forbidden was, uh, not so good though lol.
Did he ever really go away? He's released practically an album a year.

As well as this project there's going to be a third The Cage album and a new solo album.

His two albums with Empire are amongst my favourites of his work.
__________________
www.jukeboxmetal.com
http://jukeboxmetal.blogspot.com

20/11 Threshold
27/11 Accept
16/12 Metal All-Stars
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-02-2011, 09:26 PM
cradle_of_maiden cradle_of_maiden is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
Did he ever really go away? He's released practically an album a year.

As well as this project there's going to be a third The Cage album and a new solo album.

His two albums with Empire are amongst my favourites of his work.
True. Perhaps now we will get to see him in the US though. He was supposed to come hear with his Headless Cross band but the tour was canceled.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-02-2011, 11:22 PM
Butcher of Birth's Avatar
Butcher of Birth Butcher of Birth is offline
Lead Singer of Atlas
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Melbourne, FL
Posts: 1,583
I'm sorry, but Cradle of Maiden is such a funny name haha, what a clash of styles, but good on ya I suppose.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-03-2011, 01:39 AM
ravenheart's Avatar
ravenheart ravenheart is offline
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: England
Posts: 18,706
Quote:
Originally Posted by cradle_of_maiden View Post
True. Perhaps now we will get to see him in the US though. He was supposed to come hear with his Headless Cross band but the tour was canceled.
A show or two in his own country would be a good start!
__________________
www.jukeboxmetal.com
http://jukeboxmetal.blogspot.com

20/11 Threshold
27/11 Accept
16/12 Metal All-Stars
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:39 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008