Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

It Lies Within -- Westland, MI -- December 16th, 2014
Pallbearer -- Kansas City, MO -- December 16th, 2014
System Of A Down -- Inglewood, CA -- December 13th, 2014
Despised Icon -- Montreal, Quebec -- December 13th, 2014
Nonpoint -- Flint, MI -- December 13th, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 02-26-2011, 09:04 PM
hellawaits77ny's Avatar
hellawaits77ny hellawaits77ny is offline
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Upstate, NY
Posts: 3,761
Blog Entries: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by loganarchy View Post
30-45 min??
Very rarely will it take this long. Just always good to have extra time planned.
__________________
youtube.com/user/hellawaits77NY

12/07: Slipknot/Korn (?)
12/13: Despised Icon (?)
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-28-2011, 05:45 PM
Someguy89's Avatar
Someguy89 Someguy89 is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Montréal
Posts: 167
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8Kkj...&feature=feedf

The show was amazing and brutal
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-28-2011, 08:40 PM
hellawaits77ny's Avatar
hellawaits77ny hellawaits77ny is offline
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Upstate, NY
Posts: 3,761
Blog Entries: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Someguy89 View Post


Another nice vid. Yeah I was suprised, cause a lot of MTL shows see pretty tame crowds. I filmed it too and put some clips up. They're linked in the first page of this topic.
__________________
youtube.com/user/hellawaits77NY

12/07: Slipknot/Korn (?)
12/13: Despised Icon (?)
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-02-2011, 10:29 AM
sarsip's Avatar
sarsip sarsip is offline
" Amps on Ten, Ears are Bleeding "
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Vermont
Posts: 311
I live 25 miles south of Burlington, VT and I frequently go to Montreal. I plan on 2.5 hours from here, so 2 hours from Burlington. Your variables are time of day, day of the week, and any criminal issues in your past. These variables can cost you an extra 30-45 minutes.

Coming back is easy. By the time the show is over and you leave Montreal you get to the border around 12:30-1am. The guards are typically grumpy, but they process you through quickly.

I have never been over the crossing at Champlain NY, but I have been over Rousse's Point. This crossing is smaller and sometimes quicker.

I have been making this trip for almost eighteen years and I have seen many different scenarios. UVM is a great school and Montreal is the METAL capital of North America!!
__________________
" Capitalist by Day, Anarchist by night! "
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-02-2011, 11:49 AM
PowerMaiden's Avatar
PowerMaiden PowerMaiden is offline
7 Holy Paths To Hell And Your Trip Begins...
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,659
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarsip View Post
Montreal is the METAL capital of North America!!

well said ! even though Québec city was proclaimed ''Le Coeur Du Métal en Amérique'' by a certain Bruce Dickinson (The Heart Of Metal in North America)

It's fair to say that the province of Québec is pretty heavy on it's music !


Cheers !
PowerMaiden
__________________
Life Down There Is Just A Strange Illusion
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-02-2011, 12:09 PM
hellawaits77ny's Avatar
hellawaits77ny hellawaits77ny is offline
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Upstate, NY
Posts: 3,761
Blog Entries: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerMaiden View Post
well said ! even though Québec city was proclaimed ''Le Coeur Du Métal en Amérique'' by a certain Bruce Dickinson (The Heart Of Metal in North America)

It's fair to say that the province of Québec is pretty heavy on it's music !


Cheers !
PowerMaiden
It's disappointing a lot of tours don't seem to go there. I can't stand it when I see a massive tour not hit Montreal! I'm sure it has something to do w/ some bands having issues w/ leaving the country.
__________________
youtube.com/user/hellawaits77NY

12/07: Slipknot/Korn (?)
12/13: Despised Icon (?)
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-02-2011, 01:05 PM
larvtard's Avatar
larvtard larvtard is offline
and you can never quarantine the past
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,240
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarsip View Post
I live 25 miles south of Burlington, VT and I frequently go to Montreal. I plan on 2.5 hours from here, so 2 hours from Burlington. Your variables are time of day, day of the week, and any criminal issues in your past. These variables can cost you an extra 30-45 minutes.

Coming back is easy. By the time the show is over and you leave Montreal you get to the border around 12:30-1am. The guards are typically grumpy, but they process you through quickly.

I have never been over the crossing at Champlain NY, but I have been over Rousse's Point. This crossing is smaller and sometimes quicker.

I have been making this trip for almost eighteen years and I have seen many different scenarios. UVM is a great school and Montreal is the METAL capital of North America!!
Wow, thanks for the info dude!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-02-2011, 02:09 PM
hellawaits77ny's Avatar
hellawaits77ny hellawaits77ny is offline
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Upstate, NY
Posts: 3,761
Blog Entries: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarsip View Post
I live 25 miles south of Burlington, VT and I frequently go to Montreal. I plan on 2.5 hours from here, so 2 hours from Burlington. Your variables are time of day, day of the week, and any criminal issues in your past. These variables can cost you an extra 30-45 minutes.

Coming back is easy. By the time the show is over and you leave Montreal you get to the border around 12:30-1am. The guards are typically grumpy, but they process you through quickly.

I have never been over the crossing at Champlain NY, but I have been over Rousse's Point. This crossing is smaller and sometimes quicker.

I have been making this trip for almost eighteen years and I have seen many different scenarios. UVM is a great school and Montreal is the METAL capital of North America!!
The ROuses Point border is a joke. An even better border is the one just past the high school in Champlain. Either is MUCH quicker than the main border off I-87
__________________
youtube.com/user/hellawaits77NY

12/07: Slipknot/Korn (?)
12/13: Despised Icon (?)
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-02-2011, 02:29 PM
larvtard's Avatar
larvtard larvtard is offline
and you can never quarantine the past
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,240
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellawaits77ny View Post
The ROuses Point border is a joke. An even better border is the one just past the high school in Champlain. Either is MUCH quicker than the main border off I-87
thanks man, I'll keep that in mind if I end up in Burlington!

sarsip: did you go to UVM? just wondering
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
blackguard, deicide, neuraxis

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:56 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008