Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Def Leppard -- Atlanta, GA -- June 28th, 2015
Melvins -- Boston, MA -- June 27th, 2015
Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience -- Las Vegas, NV -- June 27th, 2015
Mayhem Festival -- San Bernadino, CA -- June 27th, 2015
Slayer -- San Bernadino, CA -- June 27 th, 2015


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #21  
Old 02-26-2011, 02:58 PM
AnglOvDeth AnglOvDeth is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Forbidden Lands
Posts: 95
Nice add with Black Magic, I love that song.
But again I say, Where the fuck is ANYTHING off Divine Intervention?

Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 02-26-2011, 03:12 PM
JRA's Avatar
JRA JRA is offline
Traditionalist Asshole
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 20,036
Something good...something good...: Black Magic!!

Where they need improvement: Temptation on its own.
__________________
You know its true, bunny rabbits we have got lovely little fluffy bottoms. We do. That's why people often mistake us for Danny Devito.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 02-26-2011, 03:18 PM
hellawaits77ny's Avatar
hellawaits77ny hellawaits77ny is offline
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Upstate, NY
Posts: 3,826
Blog Entries: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnglOvDeth View Post
Nice add with Black Magic, I love that song.
But again I say, Where the fuck is ANYTHING off Divine Intervention?

Dude, they haven't played anything off DI in years. I'm right there w/ ya though. I wish they would break out some tunes from it. Killing Fields, Sex.Murder.Art, the title track, are among my all time faves.

W/ all the Americon discussion : I actually like the song. I think it's cool they broke it out. Problem is, it isn't a "good" song, very simple music and cheesy lyrics. Would rather have them play Psycopathy Red, Playing W/ Dolls, or The Human Strain.

It seems like a lot of you guys are bitching about the set: GIVE THEM A BREAK!!! They've only had Gary Holt for what, 10 days? You must've expected them to be somewhat limited in their ability to play certain songs. Yes, I agree the setlist sucked, but what did you expect to see w/o Jeff?
__________________
youtube.com/user/hellawaits77NY

08/30: Terror
10/15: Soilwork, Decapitated (?)
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 02-26-2011, 03:27 PM
JRA's Avatar
JRA JRA is offline
Traditionalist Asshole
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 20,036
The only two new songs they need to play are World Painted Blood and Beauty Through Order.
__________________
You know its true, bunny rabbits we have got lovely little fluffy bottoms. We do. That's why people often mistake us for Danny Devito.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 02-26-2011, 03:28 PM
Sepultura69's Avatar
Sepultura69 Sepultura69 is offline
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Planet Caravan
Posts: 3,538
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellawaits77ny View Post
Dude, they haven't played anything off DI in years. I'm right there w/ ya though. I wish they would break out some tunes from it. Killing Fields, Sex.Murder.Art, the title track, are among my all time faves.
Can't forget "Dittohead"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellawaits77ny View Post
It seems like a lot of you guys are bitching about the set: GIVE THEM A BREAK!!! They've only had Gary Holt for what, 10 days? You must've expected them to be somewhat limited in their ability to play certain songs. Yes, I agree the setlist sucked, but what did you expect to see w/o Jeff?
It's not even that. Gary Holt is a fuckin' pro, that fucker could probably learn a shit ton of songs in less than a week. The only reason they're playing such a limited set is because they're not headlinging nor are they co-headlining. But for the Big Four I would assume atleast a 16 song set at TOPS. And I would not mind a set like this as long as they take out "Temptations", "Americon", and leave out any other Word Painted blood songs that they want to play. Also, I just realized....

No Dead Skin Mask on this set
__________________
8/31 - Sleep
10/19 - D.R.I
11/10 - Judas Priest
11/14 - Slayer
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 02-26-2011, 03:48 PM
hellawaits77ny's Avatar
hellawaits77ny hellawaits77ny is offline
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Upstate, NY
Posts: 3,826
Blog Entries: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepultura69 View Post
Can't forget "Dittohead"



It's not even that. Gary Holt is a fuckin' pro, that fucker could probably learn a shit ton of songs in less than a week. The only reason they're playing such a limited set is because they're not headlinging nor are they co-headlining. But for the Big Four I would assume atleast a 16 song set at TOPS. And I would not mind a set like this as long as they take out "Temptations", "Americon", and leave out any other Word Painted blood songs that they want to play. Also, I just realized....

No Dead Skin Mask on this set
Dittohead is a good one, too.

Yeah Man, get Temptation the fuck outta there.

Also, very happy to see both Black Magic + Hallowed Point!
__________________
youtube.com/user/hellawaits77NY

08/30: Terror
10/15: Soilwork, Decapitated (?)

Last edited by hellawaits77ny; 02-26-2011 at 04:44 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 02-26-2011, 04:00 PM
girnny777's Avatar
girnny777 girnny777 is offline
Sad Wings Of Destiny
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Shelton, CT
Posts: 785
Black

Fucking

Magic

__________________
07/19 - Slayer, King Diamond
08/11 - Van Halen
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 02-26-2011, 04:27 PM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is online now
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 23,108
Blog Entries: 19


I have recently found a new appreciation for Divine Intervention.
__________________
07/02 - Celeste/Primitive Man
07/06 - Jungle Rot
07/13 - Black Breath
07/16 - Psycroptic
07/19 - Danzig
07/22 - Melt-Banana
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 02-26-2011, 04:28 PM
Sepultura69's Avatar
Sepultura69 Sepultura69 is offline
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Planet Caravan
Posts: 3,538
Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post


I have recently found a new appreciation for Divine Intervention.
What Happen?
__________________
8/31 - Sleep
10/19 - D.R.I
11/10 - Judas Priest
11/14 - Slayer
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 02-26-2011, 04:37 PM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is online now
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 23,108
Blog Entries: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepultura69 View Post
What Happen?
I used to be one of those guys that was OMG FIRST FIVE SLAYER ALBUMS ONLY

but Divine Intervention isn't bad at all.
__________________
07/02 - Celeste/Primitive Man
07/06 - Jungle Rot
07/13 - Black Breath
07/16 - Psycroptic
07/19 - Danzig
07/22 - Melt-Banana
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
slayer

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:56 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008