Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Misery Signals -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014
Rhapsody of Fire -- Cd. Obregon, Mex -- August 24th, 2014
Sleep -- Boston, MA -- August 24th, 2014
Alice in Chains -- Rama, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014
Boris -- Santa Cruz, CA -- August 21st, 2014

Old 02-16-2011, 02:49 PM
Custom User Title

Holy shit...you mean, for once, I get a show that skips most of North America? The tickets are bloody expensive but this is one show I never thought I'd see unless I traveled to Europe. I was actually thinking of trying to coordinate travel plans for next year with one of their tours, but no need to now.

Anyone heard anything about the openers?
Old 02-16-2011, 08:16 PM
Lead Singer of Atlas

What everyone needs to take away from these handful of dates is that Rammstein are now a draw in the states outside of just their standard Industrial Fanbase.

Thanks to the internet and press being more accessible to the masses, Rammstein are able to be BIG in the USA now and not just be that "Du Hast" band. Of course there will be a lot of fans going because they "bought the album with 'Du Hast' on it," but hey, a ticket sold is a ticket sold. Same goes for Maiden who sell a boat load of tickets because people go wanting classics.

Who knows, in the Fall/Winter season they may come back and hit a few other markets. Just a step boys and girls, just a step.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:37 PM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

So I'm not quite sure if my diehard Rammstein-worshipping friend can make it up from Virginia to see this. And I'm conflicted, personally.

Half of me knows this is a ton of money, about 3 concerts worth of money alone for just normal seats. Its around $60, but the floor is a whopping $100. The other half of me says "fuck it, this is a historic event that could never happen again", and try and get a floor ticket. Looks like I might be going to this show alone, and dropping a whole Benjamin (not counting the shirt I'll need to get).

So any thoughts on this? And has anyone here seen Rammstein before? It seems like their concerts aren't that crazy crowd-wise, just a really awesome stage show. I think, for me, it would be money well spent.
Old 02-17-2011, 05:18 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd091 View Post
So I'm not quite sure if my diehard Rammstein-worshipping friend can make it up from Virginia to see this. And I'm conflicted, personally.

Half of me knows this is a ton of money, about 3 concerts worth of money alone for just normal seats. Its around $60, but the floor is a whopping $100. The other half of me says "fuck it, this is a historic event that could never happen again", and try and get a floor ticket. Looks like I might be going to this show alone, and dropping a whole Benjamin (not counting the shirt I'll need to get).

So any thoughts on this? And has anyone here seen Rammstein before? It seems like their concerts aren't that crazy crowd-wise, just a really awesome stage show. I think, for me, it would be money well spent.
I saw them in 1998, the crowd really got into "Du Hast" and that was it

the pyro show was cool, but could have done without the dildo rape
Old 02-17-2011, 06:01 AM
Lead Singer of Atlas

Quote:

One of my good friends went to the NYC show and said that people were too focused on the band and how awesome everything was, in terms of stage and everything.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:03 AM
How're yeh?

Quote:

it's all about the stage show.... plus Rammstein isn't really mosh-pit type music. I saw them on the last real tour they did here, it was awesome.
Old 02-17-2011, 12:36 PM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kommie View Post
it's all about the stage show.... plus Rammstein isn't really mosh-pit type music. I saw them on the last real tour they did here, it was awesome.
Yeah, thats what I'm expecting. A lot of headbanging and observing the show while throwing up some horns!

I still want to try and get on the floor; the pyrotechnics would be so much more insane up close.
Old 02-17-2011, 12:37 PM
How're yeh?

Quote:
Yeah, thats what I'm expecting. A lot of headbanging and observing the show while throwing up some horns!

I still want to try and get on the floor; the pyrotechnics would be so much more insane up close.
when I saw them I was pretty far and I could feel it, so I imagine people in the pit area were sweating.
Old 02-18-2011, 08:25 AM
The best part of waking up, is Satan in your cup

Quote:

I might be taking a trip to Chicago to see this
Old 02-26-2011, 07:37 AM
N00B

i got my floor ticket for chicago. they sold out in less than a min