Within Temptation -- Newcastle, England -- April 14, 2014
Carcass -- Silver Spring, MD -- April 13th, 2014
Destruction -- Montreal, Quebec -- April 14th, 2014
Ghoul -- Hollywood, CA -- April 13th, 2014
Satan -- Philadelphia, PA -- April 14th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 02-23-2011, 10:29 AM
N00B

I'm really wondering why so many ppl hate Chelsea Grin and say theyre the "worst band ever" No, actually Asking Alexandria are the worst band ever, at least CG don't try to talk tough and look like pussies on stage, they're just another metal band, and how can u not like VOM either if u like scene stuff, then they should be at least appealing to u, anyway CG isn't my fav band either but they're not bad, they didn't make it into Canada so I won't be seeing them, but that doesn't mean I'm glad. Like seriously a lot of scene kids need to wake up and learn the difference in genres and stop calling everything "generic deathcore"
9/16 - Parkway Drive
9/24 - Crush Em All
12/7 - BTBAM/AAL
Old 02-23-2011, 10:45 AM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobisdead911 View Post
I'm really wondering why so many ppl hate Chelsea Grin and say theyre the "worst band ever" No, actually Asking Alexandria are the worst band ever, at least CG don't try to talk tough and look like pussies on stage, they're just another metal band, and how can u not like VOM either if u like scene stuff, then they should be at least appealing to u, anyway CG isn't my fav band either but they're not bad, they didn't make it into Canada so I won't be seeing them, but that doesn't mean I'm glad. Like seriously a lot of scene kids need to wake up and learn the difference in genres and stop calling everything "generic deathcore"
I do agree that Asking Alexandria are pretty bad, their sound and stage performance was horrible IMO opening up for All That Remains. As for Chelsea Grin, I've tried to listen to them and I just can't hear anything unique in their sound, like when I tried to listen to Oceano. Seems like they are just ripping off some Whitechapel riffs and adding some Suicide Silence high screams in.

I'll hold off judgement until I see 'em this weekend. They could be fine live. Anyway, looking orward to seeing this concert, but mostly for Acacia Strain now. Wormwood is SO good, it blows Whitechapel's new album out of the water.

I'll try to get an honest review up for the concert for anyone interested.
Old 02-25-2011, 08:46 AM
N00B

when I saw Veil of Maya, there was no hardcore dancing. There was just moshing. It was awesome.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerkz View Post
when I saw Veil of Maya, there was no hardcore dancing. There was just moshing. It was awesome.

Hell. Yes. Now I'm pumped.
Old 02-25-2011, 12:14 PM
The best part of waking up, is Satan in your cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd091 View Post
I do agree that Asking Alexandria are pretty bad, their sound and stage performance was horrible IMO opening up for All That Remains. As for Chelsea Grin, I've tried to listen to them and I just can't hear anything unique in their sound, like when I tried to listen to Oceano. Seems like they are just ripping off some Whitechapel riffs and adding some Suicide Silence high screams in.

I'll hold off judgement until I see 'em this weekend. They could be fine live. Anyway, looking orward to seeing this concert, but mostly for Acacia Strain now. Wormwood is SO good, it blows Whitechapel's new album out of the water.

I'll try to get an honest review up for the concert for anyone interested.
I'll be interested, for The Acacia Strain anyway. I've decided I am not going to this. It's not worth the money to see just one band I like
Old 02-25-2011, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_to_the_face View Post
I'll be interested, for The Acacia Strain anyway. I've decided I am not going to this. It's not worth the money to see just one band I like
I know how you feel, and that sucks. Kind of like when Animals as Leaders was coming by, opening up for Underoath

Sunday night I should get it up. Hopefully there are some fun pits here, especially for VoM since its their hometown! Parkway Drive on Monday had NO hardcore dancing at all, which surprised the hell out of me. Hopefully this is similar.

Tags
the acacia strain, veil of maya, whitechapel