Murder Sermon

encore
Of Legions/This Is Exile
9/16 - Parkway Drive
9/24 - Crush Em All
12/7 - BTBAM/AAL
Old 02-23-2011, 08:50 PM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

Seems to be pretty similar to the other nights so far. Got a review at all for us? Personally I'm diggin VoM's set and especially Acacia's. Its gonna be a great performance from them Sunday, haters gonna hate

I still think thats too many new songs for Whitechapel. Only 2 from The Somatic Defilement? That was their best record by far, and probably my favorite deathcore record. I'd like me some Devirginary Studies or Ear to Ear. A New Era was a verrrrrry average deathcore record in my opinion, whereas Wormwood by Acacia was completely amazing, encompassing the perfect amount of groove, speed, and vocals. The more Acacia plays off that, the better.
Old 02-23-2011, 10:49 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd091 View Post
Seems to be pretty similar to the other nights so far. Got a review at all for us? Personally I'm diggin VoM's set and especially Acacia's. Its gonna be a great performance from them Sunday, haters gonna hate

I still think thats too many new songs for Whitechapel. Only 2 from The Somatic Defilement? That was their best record by far, and probably my favorite deathcore record. I'd like me some Devirginary Studies or Ear to Ear. A New Era was a verrrrrry average deathcore record in my opinion, whereas Wormwood by Acacia was completely amazing, encompassing the perfect amount of groove, speed, and vocals. The more Acacia plays off that, the better.
Personally from what I saw from I Declare War (was in the middle of an interview with TAS when they started) they sounded good. I personally think they are going to get pretty big in the next bit. Their singer is also one scary mother****** on stage.

Veil of Maya sounded tight. Vocals at times were hard to hear, but otherwise awesome.

The Acacia Strain, love'em or hate'em, they rocked the place. It went absolutely mental. Vincent was battling a fever but trooped it out.

Whitechapel was Whitechapel. Anytime i've seen them, they are always on. I ended up interviewing Phil Bozeman and grabbing a bite with him before the show. Super nice dude. Gotta say he does put on quite the "stage voice" inbetween songs though. Compared to what he sounded like in our interview, you would never know it was the shame person. Such a cool dude though.
Old 02-23-2011, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockTheWalls View Post
Personally from what I saw from I Declare War (was in the middle of an interview with TAS when they started) they sounded good. I personally think they are going to get pretty big in the next bit. Their singer is also one scary mother****** on stage.

Veil of Maya sounded tight. Vocals at times were hard to hear, but otherwise awesome.

The Acacia Strain, love'em or hate'em, they rocked the place. It went absolutely mental. Vincent was battling a fever but trooped it out.

Whitechapel was Whitechapel. Anytime i've seen them, they are always on. I ended up interviewing Phil Bozeman and grabbing a bite with him before the show. Super nice dude. Gotta say he does put on quite the "stage voice" inbetween songs though. Compared to what he sounded like in our interview, you would never know it was the shame person. Such a cool dude though.
Sounds awesome! Phil kind of seems like a dick to me for some reason just because of his stage presence. He looks super pissed at humanity 24/7. Glad to hear he's a nice dude. Haven't heard I Declare War yet, so I'm going in with no expectations. Hopefully I enjoy 'em. I'm a huge VoM fan. sucks about the vocals, but I listen to them for the guitar work. TAS sounds badass as usual; I'm probably gonna be one of those people going mental.
Old 02-23-2011, 11:16 PM
N00B

Quote:
Sounds awesome! Phil kind of seems like a dick to me for some reason just because of his stage presence. He looks super pissed at humanity 24/7. Glad to hear he's a nice dude. Haven't heard I Declare War yet, so I'm going in with no expectations. Hopefully I enjoy 'em. I'm a huge VoM fan. sucks about the vocals, but I listen to them for the guitar work. TAS sounds badass as usual; I'm probably gonna be one of those people going mental.
haha. I honestly didn't even recognize Phil. He was in glasses, a hat, and had a beard (shaved before the show started). It was honestly like two completely different people. I had the chance to go and grab something to eat with him (originally we were going to do the interview in the diner we were at) and we just shot the breeze about music, life, growing up in Tennessee, touring, etc. If I had not known what he did/was like onstage beforehand, i would have called you a complete lier if you told me he fronted that band.

With VoM the guitar work was great. Got down to that pretty good. Might have also been where i was with sound. At times the vocals were perfect.
Old 02-25-2011, 05:05 AM
The best part of waking up, is Satan in your cup

Am I the only one here who cares about The Acacia Strain??
Old 02-25-2011, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_to_the_face View Post
Am I the only one here who cares about The Acacia Strain??
Umm... I just said I was going to go apeshit when Acacia played... and Wormwood was my favorite deathcore album of 2010 by far... so no. I care very much.
Old 02-25-2011, 12:11 PM
The best part of waking up, is Satan in your cup

Quote:
Umm... I just said I was going to go apeshit when Acacia played... and Wormwood was my favorite deathcore album of 2010 by far... so no. I care very much.
Oh...well I missed that xD
usually people don' talk about them much on here..

but HELL YEAH ACACIA STRAIN
Old 02-25-2011, 01:32 PM

Speaking of which, I'm debating whether Tactical Nuke is the lamest song, or heaviest song I've ever heard. I'm leaning towards heaviest.
Old 02-25-2011, 01:59 PM
N00B

Quote:
Speaking of which, I'm debating whether Tactical Nuke is the lamest song, or heaviest song I've ever heard. I'm leaning towards heaviest.
listening to it now, iv written better songs than this. its the same riff over and over, too slow. i like em, but this song is not that good

Tags
i declare war, the acacia strain, veil of maya, whitechapel