Queensryche -- Waukesha, WI -- July 19th, 2014
Killswitch Engage -- Providence, RI -- July 19th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 02-23-2011, 01:42 PM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

Quote:
Originally Posted by loganarchy View Post
ratcat got banned? I hated that guy!
He was getting really angry for some reason that a Whitechapel setlist was posted here a couple weeks ago. I personally requested to see one since I'm seeing them this weekend. Yeah, some people don't like deathcore. Cool beans. Some people also don't like thrash metal or black metal, or even death metal. But it's all metal and has a right to be on this site.

He got pretty offensive to a couple of us on the board, speciically me and Treghet. Oh well. As for JRA, sucks to see a longtime member leave because of 1 concert rage. Glad everyone else enjoyed the Immortal show, it looks like it would have been amazing to experience
Old 02-23-2011, 01:56 PM
Altars of Radness

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarageMetal468 View Post
Not in Chicago as far as I know... What just pisses me off about the Bottom Lounge is that they treat anyone that's under 21 like shit, same with the Clearwater Theater in West Dundee (another shithole that I hopefully will never have to go back to)
Ah, well here it's pretty typical. At a lot of venues that serve alcohol you either get Xs for being under 21 or they give you a wristband if you're of age. It's not supposed to be a way of treating you like shit, it just makes it easier for the bartenders to serve people.

Also, this thread...
Old 02-23-2011, 02:03 PM
Face The Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by treghet View Post
Ah, well here it's pretty typical. At a lot of venues that serve alcohol you either get Xs for being under 21 or they give you a wristband if you're of age. It's not supposed to be a way of treating you like shit, it just makes it easier for the bartenders to serve people.

Also, this thread...
The National here in Richmond not only does the X thing, but they put a wristband with pictures of colored stick-figure school children, buses, and flowers

When I saw Megadeth I just took it off, same with some others around me, they still have the X's; it shouldn't matter. When I saw Mastodon, my friend and I rushed the guard a little bit and he didn't even put the wristband on me, pretty strange. I'm not sure if anyone else had one though.
Old 02-23-2011, 02:25 PM
Hell Bent for Liquor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crionics View Post
The National here in Richmond not only does the X thing, but they put a wristband with pictures of colored stick-figure school children, buses, and flowers
That is AWESOME. Couple places here in the Phoenix area do X's for under-21, but that wristband just sounds like icing on the cake. I've been going to shows for 10 years, now I'm 23 and I want to watch the little high schoolers suffer like I suffered, and maybe even a little worse.
01.27 Dark Tranquillity
Old 02-23-2011, 02:40 PM
Regretting my username

This thread is hilarious. I just want to get this in before the lock:

Untitled is Nas's best album.
Old 02-23-2011, 03:30 PM
Not popular in Buffalo

I have a confession to make before this thread gets locked...... I Shot JR.
9/28 Coheed

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Old 02-23-2011, 03:35 PM
N00B

I really enjoyed the show last night. I agree with JRA that it took a while for Immortal to come on but no complaints. I thought both Absu and Immortal played good sets and overall the sound at Bottom Lounge was pretty good.
My first time there and I would go again. I wish the stage was elevated a little higher as at times it was difficult to see even though I was only 3 bodies away from the stage. Also, Immortal's smoke machine was out of control and you can see in my pictures that you could barely make out Abbath most of the time because there was so much smoke.

Withstand the Fall of Time and Solarfall were my highlights. I love the entire At the Heart of Winter CD.

Overall, well worth the price of admission.

Here is a link to my pictures:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/49161658@N03/

Let me know if you like them
Old 02-23-2011, 04:12 PM
I'm the ghoul of the medical profession

EDIT: Guess he isn't banned. Odd.
And this thread isn't locked.

Last edited by Wizzbang11; 02-23-2011 at 04:23 PM.
Old 02-23-2011, 04:14 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Two things:

Irony:

the use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning: the irony of her reply, “How nice!” when I said I had to work all weekend.
Literature .
a.
a technique of indicating, as through character or plot development, an intention or attitude opposite to that which is actually or ostensibly stated.
b.
(especially in contemporary writing) a manner of organizing a work so as to give full expression to contradictory or complementary impulses, attitudes, etc., especially as a means of indicating detachment from a subject, theme, or emotion.
Socratic irony.
dramatic irony.
an outcome of events contrary to what was, or might have been, expected.
the incongruity of this.
an objectively sardonic style of speech or writing.
an objectively or humorously sardonic utterance, disposition, quality, etc.

Example: I just texted Brad for him to call es156 to see if he were ok, since he hadn't any board activity since he left for the show. Of course after I hit send he shows up and locks the thread.

Two: I caught a glimpse of the kid arguing with the bouncer about not letting him go outside to smoke because he was under 21. What does he think you were gonna go sneak a drink at the bar? There's a bar in the venue! I didn't catch much, but I shall chime in and support that they treat "young-uns" like shit.

Three: (yea I, know, sue me) To the guy who posted the pictures and complained about the dry ice machines being out of fuck control, thank you. That was another factor that I completely forgot about. About a 1/4 of the way through the show I ended up getting stuck in the back, and as a result of that, the lighting, and all the people taller than me (re: 95% of them), I could barely see anything on stage. Hell all I could make out of Abbath was a long haired silouhette. It's kind of hard to enjoy Immortal's live mannerisms when you can't even see them. So the people on the rails and a couple of rows back might have got a good clear view, but to everyone else, we were screwed.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:02 PM
Now I am become Death. The destroyer of worlds.

Despite this thread, I still really wanna see Immortal.

Tags
immortal