Queen + Adam Lambert - Toronto, ON - July 28th, 2014
Warped Tour -- Auburn Hills, MI -- July 18th, 2014
Megadeth -- Denver, CO -- September 16th, 2007
Queen -- Atlantic City, NJ -- July 26th, 2014
Touche Amore -- Lawrence, KS -- July 27th, 2014

Old 02-17-2011, 03:43 PM
Rats off to ya

GG Allin Limited Edition Latex mask

Sorry if this isn't big news, I just had to share this.

Latex artist SikRik has completed his G.G. Allin limited-edition latex mask project. Only 35 numbered copies will be produced, and they can be preordered for $89.00 at this location.

"I saw G.G. while I was living in New York City many years ago," says SikRik. "Truly a brutal front man. I feel I was able to capture his likeness pretty well in this mask. We may create more on a slightly smaller scale, but there will only be 35 made of this size with this detail."

Each limited-edition mask is handcrafted, casted and painted one at a time by SikRik. They are intended for display purposes; however they can be modified with vision/breathing holes if intended to be worn.

"My goal as an artist has always been to create works that I would want to own myself," says SikRik. "From my earliest memories I have always been fascinated by images and sounds that disturbed many of my peers. I find beauty in the macabre and bizarre. My works are a labor of love. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do."

Currently, Aggronautix is giving their customers a chance to win one of the 35 numbered copies produced. Throughout out the rest of February and all of March, anyone who purchases a throbblehead on Aggronautix.com will be entered in the raffle to win. Two throbblehead purchases will earn two entries, and so on. Aggronautix is pleased to support SikRik's current art, and is looking forward to his future projects.

SikRik's process starts with a vision, some research, and then he either begins sketching or jumps right into the clay. He spends approximately 50-150 hours sculpting the design (depending on the complexity of the piece) in oil-based clay. Once the sculpture is complete, he makes a two-piece slip mold of the sculpture in a material called ultra cal (it is similar to plaster, but much stronger). Once the mold is constructed, he cleans all of the remaining bits of oil clay from the detail of the mold.

With the mold completed, SikRik has a negative impression in stone that can be strapped together, filled with liquid latex to sit for about an hour and then emptied out. The remaining latex adheres to the detail on the inside of the mold. He allows the latex to dry for approximately 24 hours under a fan before pulling it from the mold. Next, he trims the flashing and corrects any major imperfections with a paintbrush and liquid latex and or dremel tool. The next four hours are spent airbrushing layers of highlights and lowlights back and forth until he gets the desired effect.

"It usually speaks to me right at the end and says 'stop I'm done'," says SikRik. "The last step is to gloss the eyes. I will never grow tired of this step. This is when they take their first breath."

Old 02-17-2011, 03:57 PM
Lead Singer of Atlas

Interesting, does it comes with fake shit to throw?
Old 02-17-2011, 07:21 PM
Banned Asshole

Halloween costume found. Just need some fake shit to go with it. Already got the fake blood.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:20 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

lmfao.

My friend's band Troglodyte is actually opening for the Murder Junkies here in Kansas City in June.
08/07 - Handguns (?)
08/15 - Whores
Old 02-17-2011, 09:24 PM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
lmfao.

My friend's band Troglodyte is actually opening for the Murder Junkies here in Kansas City in June.
I saw the Murder Junkies a few years back and it was a let down. I wanted to hear a lot off of Brutality and Bloodshed and the two releases they put out as the Murder Junkies, but half the set was unreleased songs and they cut the set. Everyone was shouting for Drink Fight Fuck or Bite it You Scum and they said no, I yelled out for Fuck Women I've Never Had and they said they would play it, then ended up not
Old 02-18-2011, 02:29 AM
Rats off to ya

I didn't know the murder junkies were still together.
Old 02-18-2011, 07:16 AM
I'm the ghoul of the medical profession

They are pretty much a GG Allin tribute band if I'm not mistaken, but they still have Merle and Dino. I don't think they still have the insanity that GG performances had but I might be wrong.
Old 02-18-2011, 07:26 AM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

Their shows are a hit or miss. Its either the craziest show you'll ever see, or fucking lame. I saw them in 07 and was fearing for my life as the people went ape shit in the tiny bar they played in, then was bored as hell in 08 as I was the only one who gave a shit when they performed. Dino will still play naked and shove a drum stick up his ass after the show.
Old 02-18-2011, 07:32 AM
Traditionalist Asshole

lulz