Nothing More -- Baltimore, MD -- August 18th, 2014
Boris -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- August 17th, 2014
Motley Crue -- Alpharetta, GA -- August 16th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 07:26 PM
PSN: BiP_MoNeY

Whitechapel -- Knoxville, TN -- February 10th, 2011

I was super pumped about this concert going in. This was probably the most brutal concert I've been to. Got to the Valarium around 5:00 but I didn't get in line until 5:45 because it was cold as fuck. Doors opened at 6. I Declare War was supposed to start at 6:30 but they apparently couldn't make it to Knoxville because of the snow or some bullshit like that. So, that freed up some more bar time for me .

- Chelsea Grin came on stage around 7. I wasn't very excited to see these guys but they put on a decent show. They played 5 songs. I had heard most of the songs but I couldn't tell you the names. I know the 3rd song was called My Damnation off their upcoming album. They actually sounded pretty good, but I'm just not a huge fan of their vocals.

- Veil of Maya was up next. I've been dying to see these guys live for a while. And they did not disappoint. They really got the crowd going for the rest of the night. The guitarist and singer crowd surfed during the last song, which was awesome. Their set was pretty much perfect. Really clean. Good song selection as well, with a good mix from their last two albums.

Martyrs
Crawl Back
Unbreakable
Dark Passenger
Pillars
We Bow in it's Aura
Namaste
It's Not Safe to Swim Today

- The Acacia Strain was next. I've enjoyed this band more and more with each new album, and they're one of my favorite bands. Needless to say I was stoked for this set. I'm pretty sure that DL did not play with the band. I was on the balcony toward the back of the club, so maybe my eyesight is shitty. But DL should be pretty recognizable so I'm almost certain he was not on stage. This was a little disappointing but it was a great set regardless. Vincent is great on stage and I'm pretty sure he flipped off god at one point. Very clean set. Good song selection with a mix of new and old songs.

Beast
The Hills Have Eyes
Whoa! Shut It Down
See You Next Tuesday (pretty sure)
Ramirez
Dr. Doom
Bay of Pigs
Jonestown
JFC

- Whitechapel. These guys are from Knoxville, so I knew this was going to be a killer set. They're definitely my favorite deathcore band. I've read some not so favorable reviews about Whitechapel. I am not saying these reviews are bullshit but I certainly don't share the same thoughts about this performance. I didn't think the guitars sounded "mushy" or anything along those lines. They sounded clean and tight. Good song selection with a lot of songs off their newest album.

Devovler
?song off new album?
Possession
The Darkest Day of Man
Reprogrammed to Hate
Prostatic Fluid Asphyxiation
End of Flesh
Unnerving
Instrumental (not sure of name)
Vicer Exciser
Eternal Refuge
Murder Sermon (no Vincent)
Single File to Dehumanization
------Encore
instrumental (not sure of name)
This is Exile (Wall of Death)

This show had to be close to sold out if not sold out. Great crowd the whole night. Not a whole lot of stupid hardcore dancing bullshit, because the security guys were actually in the pits putting a stop to it. Which is cool I guess.

This was an awesome concert and I'm pumped to see it again tomorrow night.

----------------
Chelsea Grin 6/10
Veil of Maya 9.5/10
The Acacia Strain 9/10
Whitechapel 9/10

Last edited by pharmD_metalhead; 02-11-2011 at 07:31 PM.
Old 02-11-2011, 07:54 PM
How're yeh?

Why post this? Deathcore is loathed here, mostly. Veil of Maya was one of the worst things I've ever seen. I hate kids who go to concerts to pretend to fight invisible ninjas to shitty music, and yet at the same time it's really funny watching them fight said invisible ninjas to the 3 billion breakdown's in deathcore band's songs.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:02 PM
That Guy

Not all Deathcore sucks. I'd say that Veil Of Maya and Whitechapel are the only two Deathcore bands worthy of being listened to.

That said I would never go to a Deathcore show. I see enough of those White Hot Topic Ninjas at the shows I have to play with my bands.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:12 PM
Altars of Radness

Nice to see Single File to Dehumanization in the set, but it needs Father of Lies and another from the first album!
Old 02-11-2011, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kommie View Post
Why post this? Deathcore is loathed here, mostly. Veil of Maya was one of the worst things I've ever seen. I hate kids who go to concerts to pretend to fight invisible ninjas to shitty music, and yet at the same time it's really funny watching them fight said invisible ninjas to the 3 billion breakdown's in deathcore band's songs.
Why post this?
Oh I thought this forum was for posting set lists for metal bands. I guess deathcore doesn't fall under metal. My bad. Maybe you would rather have the setlists for Nickelback or maybe Justin Bieber. I'll work on getting those for you.

Not all deathcore is generic bullshit. This tour has three good examples of good deathcore bands (VoM, TAS, Whitechapel) in my opinion of course. If you don't like deathcore don't read the threads about deathcore bands. It's pretty simple. I fucking hate Megadeth (yeah i know that's probably a cardinal sin on this forum but whatever), but I don't post shit on Megadeth setlists saying how bad they suck. If people like Megadeth that's cool, but I don't. To each their own.

Last edited by pharmD_metalhead; 02-11-2011 at 10:45 PM.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:15 PM
Altars of Radness

Also, the second song was probably Breeding Violence. I am willing to be the song before This Is Exile was Legions. The other instrumental could be Death Becomes Him.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treghet View Post
Also, the second song was probably Breeding Violence. I am willing to be the song before This Is Exile was Legions. The other instrumental could be Death Becomes Him.
Yeah that sounds right. I was pretty sure about legions, but I didn't want to post something wrong. Thanks dude.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:03 PM
N00B

megadeath
Mineral-9/6
Joyce Manor-9/15
Uncle Acid-9/26
Old 02-11-2011, 09:09 PM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmD_metalhead View Post
Why post this?
Oh I thought this forum was for posting set lists for metal bands. I guess deathcore doesn't fall under metal. My bad. Maybe you would rather have the setlists for Nickelback or maybe Justin Bieber. I'll work on getting those for you.

Not all deathcore is generic bullshit. This tour has three good examples of good deathcore bands (VoM, TAS, Whitechapel) in my opinion of course. If you don't like deathcore don't read the threads about deathcore bands. It's pretty simple. I fucking hate Megadeath (yeah i know that's probably a cardinal sin on this forum but whatever), but I don't post shit on Megadeath setlists saying how bad they suck. If people like Megadeath that's cool, but I don't. To each their own.
Yeah MegadeAth pretty much sucks all the way. Same with MeTTallica

But on an almost related topic, you should give Megadeth a chance. Metallica is pretty decent too.

Last edited by MPF; 02-11-2011 at 09:11 PM.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:13 PM
welp

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
Not all Deathcore sucks. I'd say that Veil Of Maya and Whitechapel are the only two Deathcore bands worthy of being listened to.
You can add All Shall Perish to that list as well.
Closed Thread

Tags
chelsea grin, the acacia strain, veil of maya, whitechapel