Exodus -- West Springfield, VA -- November 25th, 2014
Bob Seger -- Saginaw, MI -- November 19th, 2014
Ace Frehley -- Uncasville, CT -- November 21st, 2014
Nuclear War Now! Fest IV -- Berlin, Germany -- November 7-8th, 2014
Deafheaven -- Toronto, Ontario -- November 21st, 2014

Old 02-02-2011, 09:26 PM
Bringer of Darkness

Thumbs up To Hell With God

The new deicide fucking rules. I'm really diggin the change in production for them, really clean and polished. Glenn's vocals are back to being intelligible, like the first two cds but no less vicious. The lead playing is fucking amazing and Steve Asheim's drumming is great as usual. He's really an underated drummer I think. Kevin Quirion is a real great addition to the band, I think it was his joining that reinvigorated the bands music. The best songs are To Hell With God, Conviction, Hang In Agony Until You're Dead, and How Can You Call Yourself A God. Even if you aren't a fan of their music I would recommend listening to it. It could change your mind. It's the best plain death metal cd I've herd in the last few years. Each song is fairly short and unique enough that it doesn't blend in with the rest. Clocking in at 30+ minutes, it's an easy sit through. There isn't a bad song on the cd, the great ones just stick out of the rest.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:34 PM
lying dead on the floor as we dance around and party that your dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by hb420 View Post
The new deicide fucking rules. I'm really diggin the change in production for them, really clean and polished. Glenn's vocals are back to being intelligible, like the first two cds but no less vicious. The lead playing is fucking amazing and Steve Asheim's drumming is great as usual. He's really an underated drummer I think. Kevin Quirion is a real great addition to the band, I think it was his joining that reinvigorated the bands music. The best songs are To Hell With God, Conviction, Hang In Agony Until You're Dead, and How Can You Call Yourself A God. Even if you aren't a fan of their music I would recommend listening to it. It could change your mind. It's the best plain death metal cd I've herd in the last few years. Each song is fairly short and unique enough that it doesn't blend in with the rest. Clocking in at 30+ minutes, it's an easy sit through. There isn't a bad song on the cd, the great ones just stick out of the rest.
sweet i love deicides work
Old 02-02-2011, 09:35 PM
Altars of Radness

I'll give this a chance, but I don't have high expectations. I always felt they were mediocre, aside from their early work.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:48 PM
Bringer of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by treghet View Post
I'll give this a chance, but I don't have high expectations. I always felt they were mediocre, aside from their early work.
I felt the same way. This one feels so much like a retreading of their earlier work just modernized. The thrashy feel Deicide and some of Legion had is back as well.
Old 02-03-2011, 12:28 PM
not the mama

It's solid death metal. I'm actually surprised that it was decent. But it's nothing that can hold me over for more than a few listens. Plus Asphyx and Gorguts are releasing stuff this year, can't wait for those!!!
Old 02-03-2011, 02:00 PM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

After listening to it, I think its awesome! Besides Conviction, its a solid record
Old 02-08-2011, 02:07 AM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Just listening to this now, its pretty fucking good if you ask me! Benton is on top form vocally, the guitar work is tight and the solos are solid as any other death metal records on the go these days. As always, the drumming is crackin', always good when you find yourself randomly air drumming while listening to a metal record!
Old 02-18-2011, 10:49 PM
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.

Finally got around the listening to the whole album. Meh. It's not bad. To be honest, it sounds a lot like their past 4 albums (w/ the except of Stench off Redemption). Just not a lot of variety. I know Deicide has never had much variety, but I can still hope.

Having gotten my complaints out of the way, I do like the album. I will definately continue to listen to it. It's certainly better than 'Till Death Do Us Part. There are some killer solo's, I really like the one in Witness of Death. The one song that really stands out to me is 'Into The Darkness You Go'. It's become one of my all-time Deicide faves actually. Looking forward to seeing them next week.

Overall rank : 6.5/10

11/03-Suffocation, Kataklysm (?)
11/25-Slayer (?)
Old 02-23-2011, 08:22 PM
Look at me now, using torches of fire, look higher than anyone else, I am the great juggler!

It's a good record. Not their best, but good. It's better than 'Till Death Do Us Part, but it doesn't touch their first two records or The Stench of Redemption. How Can You Call Yourself a God is an epic song though
Old 02-26-2011, 12:14 AM
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.

Just read this album only sold 2,200 albums in the US it's first week out. That sucks

11/03-Suffocation, Kataklysm (?)
11/25-Slayer (?)