Intronaut -- West Hollywood, CA -- December 19th, 2014
Cannabis Corpse -- Chicago, IL -- December 17th, 2014
Kreator -- London, England -- December 18th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 01-23-2011, 05:33 AM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Metallica -- Los Angeles, CA -- May 14th, 2008

My First Metallica concert

Seeing how a lot of people are posting their "first metallica" show I thought I might add my 2 cents as well

Not much I remember about this show. Oh yeah, Scars on Broadway were the opening band....and they sucked.....really hard....like, I mean REALLY BAD...

Not only was this my first Metallica concert, but we didn't get "Fade to Black" or "Nothing Else Matters" This show wasn't at an arena or some amphitheater. This was at a straight up small-ass INTIMATE little venue. Anywhere you stood guaranteed you best seats in the house(Which is why there was only one price for tickets at this show. The entire show was basically a General Admission pit floor)

I should also note that this was Metallicas First show in the U.S/America since 2004

Creeping Death
Fuel
For Whom The Bell Tolls
And Justice For All....
One
Master of Puppets
LAST CARRESS *Misfits cover*
Battery
Disposable Heroes
No Remorse
Enter Sandman
WELCOME HOME(sanitarium)
Sad But True
FIGHT FIRE WITH FIRE
Seek and Destroy

I've been to a shitload of metal shows and this still holds up as probably the greatest metal show of my life.

Anyway that's my 2 cents
11/14 - Slayer

Last edited by Sepultura69; 01-23-2011 at 08:34 AM.
Old 01-23-2011, 05:57 AM
N00B

Creeping Death, the three in a row greatness of Battery, Disposable heroes, and no remorse, plus fight fire with fire. Those five are worth the price of admission alone. Sadly you were subjected to the shittiness that is fuel. The price we have to pay. Yeah this was Metallica's first headling electric show since 2004. (They opened for the stones in 05 and did an acoustic set in 07.)
Old 01-23-2011, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidenmagic View Post
Creeping Death, the three in a row greatness of Battery, Disposable heroes, and no remorse, plus fight fire with fire. Those five are worth the price of admission alone. Sadly you were subjected to the shittiness that is fuel. The price we have to pay. Yeah this was Metallica's first headling electric show since 2004. (They opened for the stones in 05 and did an acoustic set in 07.)
Fuel isn't THAT bad. Definitely got the crowed moving as the 2nd song in the set
11/14 - Slayer
Old 01-23-2011, 08:27 AM
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepultura69 View Post
Fuel isn't THAT bad. Definitely got the crowed moving as the 2nd song in the set
Fuel destroys the riffless wonder that is Sad But True. I don't why they insist on playing that plodding, boring song EVERY night. I get Enter Sandman, I get Seek & Destroy, I even get Fuel... but Sad But True fucking sucks dick and was it really that big of a hit? Bigger than say, Wherever I May Roam? Why not switch it out for that one sometimes?
Old 01-23-2011, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
Sad But True fucking sucks dick and was it really that big of a hit? Bigger than say, Wherever I May Roam? Why not switch it out for that one sometimes?
I kinda agree...

It was my first Metallica show, so I didn't really give a shit what they threw at me, but for my first show I left pretty satisfied

Especially since they played my favorite Tallica' song of all time, "FIGHT FIRE WITH FIRE"
11/14 - Slayer

Last edited by Sepultura69; 01-23-2011 at 08:44 AM.
Old 01-23-2011, 09:08 AM
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...

Quote:
I kinda agree...

It was my first Metallica show, so I didn't really give a shit what they threw at me, but for my first show I left pretty satisfied

Especially since they played my favorite Tallica' song of all time, "FIGHT FIRE WITH FIRE"
For sure, you got a pretty awesome set for your first time!
Old 01-23-2011, 09:49 AM
Close your eyes forget your name

God damn I would kill for that set; You lucky punk
Old 01-23-2011, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisposableJustice View Post
God damn I would kill for that set; You lucky punk
Thanks man

This concert rocked my socks so hard that The last 4 Metallica shows just failed to reach the epic proportions that this fucking show had

I have seen Metallica 5 times in concert and this will always rank up as the best Metallica Gig and Easily the greatest metal show I have ever had the chance to attend.

The other thing I loved about this show was it felt so OLD SCHOOL.

No Pyroes

No fancy shmancie lighting effects or none of that bullshit. It was at the Wiltern Theater. A Venue that I have attended many times before. But it was for more smaller bands and Hip hop shows .

I remember on our way to the gig, me and my buddies were yappin' on and on about how we wouldn't get "Fight Fire" and "And Justice For all.."....

And whadda ya know???

11/14 - Slayer
Old 01-23-2011, 10:27 AM
Concert Veteran

I'm not sure why some people hate on 'Fuel' at all It's better they play that than anything else off the Loads as far as i'm conserned. It rules live and i'm not sure if anyone who hates on them playing it live has ever seen them do it. Because if you have then you know how good it is in concert.

As someone who remembers when the black album came out and all the huge singles they had off of it, yes, SBT was that big of a hit for them, but WIMR was just as big. Both the radio and MTV played the songs an equal amount. I never got why they don't rotate these two songs every other night seeing as they're both equal in popularity.

I like SBT but Roam is the superior song.
Old 01-23-2011, 10:34 AM
Close your eyes forget your name

Quote:
Thanks man

This concert rocked my socks so hard that The last 4 Metallica shows just failed to reach the epic proportions that this fucking show had

I have seen Metallica 5 times in concert and this will always rank up as the best Metallica Gig and Easily the greatest metal show I have ever had the chance to attend.

The other thing I loved about this show was it felt so OLD SCHOOL.

No Pyroes

No fancy shmancie lighting effects or none of that bullshit. It was at the Wiltern Theater. A Venue that I have attended many times before. But it was for more smaller bands and Hip hop shows .

I remember on our way to the gig, me and my buddies were yappin' on and on about how we wouldn't get "Fight Fire" and "And Justice For all.."....

And whadda ya know???

This was the gig where Flea from RHCP joined on Fight Fire right?

Tags
metallica