Megadeth -- Milwaukee, WI -- July 19th, 2013
Family Values Tour -- Denver, CO -- November 11th, 2001
Judas Priest -- Salt Lake City, UT -- November 12th, 1990

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 01-20-2011, 05:41 AM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
Yeah, I was right. That basically sucked. There has to be a better way to get Hammett to join them on stage for a mini-jam session than to ruin Tool's best song by putting another song in the middle of it which sounds totally fucking different. Granted, they probably didn't have much time to brainstorm and rehearse, but sheesh.
Yeah I was expecting the heavy part or the last 4 minutes and it's like they made it another interlude. I didn't have a problem with it on paper since I love Orion but it didn't work.
10/24 - Judas Priest & Steel Panther
Old 01-21-2011, 06:47 AM
I can't stop thinking big

Gah I hope this is the year I get to see Tool.
7/18 - Iron Maiden/Alice Cooper
Old 01-21-2011, 07:47 AM
N00B

I think there is not so much hate going on as there is frustration among the Tool faithful, myself included, that we are still waiting for a new record while Tool does these minitours like the summer 09 and 2010 tours and they play a short-ish set that looks and sounds too much like 10,000 Days. The shows I saw then were amazing, but I saw them already.

Much as I love Tool, I don't want them to play do-over gigs when I think they should be working on the next record, goddammit. So we're all just horny and these shows are teases. Like some incredibly hot woman who flirts with you for an hour and then won't close the deal.

It's ironic, since Tool is so noncommercial for a multiplatinum band, yet they seem like, dare I say it, they are playing gigs for the money. And if they must do tours like these, where they are playing to the faithful core, at least mix it up and play some stuff we haven't heard live in a long time.

All indications are that there will be a new record, sometime. When that record is done and Tool tours to support it, I will be there, cash in hand, but I'm not going to another Tool concert until then.

Tags
tool