Queen + Adam Lambert - Toronto, ON - July 28th, 2014
Warped Tour -- Auburn Hills, MI -- July 18th, 2014
Megadeth -- Denver, CO -- September 16th, 2007
Queen -- Atlantic City, NJ -- July 26th, 2014
Touche Amore -- Lawrence, KS -- July 27th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 01-16-2011, 11:33 AM
N00B

they are horribly boring on stage....very little movement or interaction as said. That is, except for Danny Carey. Watching him destroy the kit on songs like 46&2 just barely makes up for the rest of the band.
Chevelle/Middle Class Rut-8/27
Mineral-9/6
Joyce Manor-9/15
Uncle Acid-9/26
Old 01-16-2011, 12:21 PM
N00B

Nice to see Kirk Hammett guesting with them again! But, they need to bring "Eulogy" and/or "Swamp Song" back into their setlists in my opinion. "Sober" would be nice to hear again too.
Old 01-16-2011, 01:11 PM
"Never wanted your approval, never wanted your acceptance. Never wanted to be anything but me" LOG

Tool doesn't have to move around that much ,they just have to play more than 10 songs or lower their ticket prices, because no one should have to pay $80 to see a headlining band play only 10 songs.
Old 01-16-2011, 01:19 PM
things are more than just what you see

10 songs is way too short for a headlining set... Unless you're Opeth, and then its like 3 hours and its pretty awsome.

9/21: Uproar Festival
Old 01-16-2011, 02:41 PM
Headbanger

I would go see Tool anywhere playing any set. I never considered myself a fanboy of anyone but after seeing how some people are on here about Maiden I probably would have to at least consider myself a fanboy of Tool. I would have no problem with this setlist but agree with 90% of the comments. Maynard is really fucking compelling on stage though.

Personally I want to see Jerk-off live again. I saw Tool on the Opiate Tour and I got way too drunk in anticipation and barely remember Jerk-off, Bottom & Opiate at the end. Actually those 3 in place of 3rd eye would be awesome. I really like 3rd eye but throw in in a medley with Eulogy and Hooker for god's sake jsut to mix it up.
10/24 - Judas Priest & Steel Panther
Old 01-17-2011, 10:55 AM
somebody somewhere

I think they are worth the money.I saw them last July in L.A. and it was awesome.Can't remember how many songs they played,but it turned out being over 1 1/2hr. And yes Maynard is boring,always staying towards the back of the stage.The show and experience is still awesome,the video screens are sick and they are great musicians.I would pay to see them again,if you are thinking about checking them out,go.The set list could be better,but at least I got to hear Intolerance at my show.Not enough older songs,I agree.
Old 01-17-2011, 10:51 PM
N00B

I'm seeing them Monday and i'd love to hear Ticks And Leeches
Old 01-18-2011, 07:38 AM
N00B

I know earlier in this thread I was complaining a little bit about songs I would like to see in Tool's setlist. But that doesn't mean I wouldn't see them live. Tool is my 5th favorite band and since I like a LOT of bands, that's pretty damn high. Anyways, I would definitely see Tool if they came to Wisconsin or Illinois on their next U.S. tour, if tickets were more in the $50 range. Just wanted to clarify that since some people here are saying they wouldn't see Tool live because of the setlist.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:04 AM
Music? Yeah... it's my life.

As you can tell from my username, I am a huge Tool fan, but I have to admit the last couple of times they came thru my area I was disappointed. Seeing the same songs over and over and over gets tedious... I would love to see them shake things up a bit! I mean look how crazy everyone gets if they throw just ONE rare song into a set - imagine a whole set like that! Although, I don't think T&L will ever be in there, since Maynard has pretty much said so - he blew his voice out singing that one a couple of times so it's out.
9/7 Steely Dan
10/9 Alter Bridge
10/10 Fleetwood Mac
10/29 Ian Anderson
10/30 Mastodon
Old 01-18-2011, 11:18 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolfansat View Post
As you can tell from my username, I am a huge Tool fan, but I have to admit the last couple of times they came thru my area I was disappointed. Seeing the same songs over and over and over gets tedious... I would love to see them shake things up a bit! I mean look how crazy everyone gets if they throw just ONE rare song into a set - imagine a whole set like that! Although, I don't think T&L will ever be in there, since Maynard has pretty much said so - he blew his voice out singing that one a couple of times so it's out.
Yeah, I doubt that too. They only did it live 8 times and I thought I read that there was some heavy distortion effect on Maynard's voice those couple times that the song was performed so it wouldn't effect his voice as badly.

Tags
tool