Megadeth -- Las Vegas, NV -- April 17th, 2014
Gotthard -- Zürich, Switzerland -- April 11th, 2014
Ghost -- St. Louis, MO -- April 20th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 01-15-2011, 11:33 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextrimental View Post
All I want from Tool live is, well, Tool themselves, and Right In Two, my favorite Tool song. Also, Nine Inch Nails can suck my left nut for putting on two hour plus shows, I seen them in Ireland on their Wave Goodbye tour and they gave us and hour and ten minutes co-headlining with Janes Addiction.. As good as it was, thats WEAK for a headliner.
i hear you on Right in Two. My favorite newer Tool song by far. One of the most epic songs from a band who specializes in epic songs.

Trent admitted doing the co-headlining shows with Janes was a mistake, especially having them end the night. He did it that way b/c he's a huge fan of the band, and was working with them on new material until they all started hating each other again as usual, and Perkins peaced out again.

Other than the NINJA shows, NIN has almost always played 2 hours or more if they were headlining. Festivals, not always. But considering Tool is headling the entire Big Day Out festival tour, i dont think u can just blame the promoter considering Tool hasnt play long sets in over a decade.
TBS/Used-4/21
Architects-5/5
Foals-5/6
Graveyard-5/11
Mastodon/Gojira-5/15
Old 01-16-2011, 01:45 AM
" Amps on Ten, Ears are Bleeding "

Last time I saw Tool I fell asleep. What do you expect when you follow Mesuggah!
Old 01-16-2011, 02:10 AM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarsip View Post
Last time I saw Tool I fell asleep. What do you expect when you follow Mesuggah!
COOL STORY BRO
5/11 - Saint Vitus
Old 01-16-2011, 02:11 AM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

I wish Tool played "3rd Eye" when I saw them back in 2006 in hollywood

I remember I kept screaming for them to play third eye through out the entire night

I remember Maynard said he wasn't feeling good that night....something about the shitty L.A weather fucking his throat up
5/11 - Saint Vitus
Old 01-16-2011, 02:12 AM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
i hear you on Right in Two. My favorite newer Tool song by far. One of the most epic songs from a band who specializes in epic songs.

Trent admitted doing the co-headlining shows with Janes was a mistake, especially having them end the night. He did it that way b/c he's a huge fan of the band, and was working with them on new material until they all started hating each other again as usual, and Perkins peaced out again.

Other than the NINJA shows, NIN has almost always played 2 hours or more if they were headlining. Festivals, not always. But considering Tool is headling the entire Big Day Out festival tour, i dont think u can just blame the promoter considering Tool hasnt play long sets in over a decade.
Yeah, this was a NINJA show at a festival, still seemed like a cop out. And true, if its just them, they have control over it. Tool have always seemed like an album band to me anyway, but the live shows matter alot more nowadays.
Old 01-16-2011, 06:39 AM
not the mama

The Patient, Flood, and Third Eye are great. But yeah, I have really lost interest in seeing Tool live again. Last time I saw them was at a summer festival in 09 and it was fucking bad. There were unknown indie acts that I enjoyed more.
Old 01-16-2011, 08:24 AM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

I'm a fan but I've never seen Tool and I doubt I ever will, only because there are too many johnny-come-lately fans in Toronto. They are huge here when the album or tour comes around, then there's a three or four year lull in between when everyone moves onto whoever else is popular, then the tour comes back around and everyone is all of a sudden a huge Tool fan again.

That and they'd never play my personal favorite song; Ticks & Leeches
07/04 - Agalloch
08/23 - Alice in Chains
12/06 - the Music of Final Fantasy
Old 01-16-2011, 08:31 AM
not the mama

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
That and they'd never play my personal favorite song; Ticks & Leeches
I'm with you on that one dude. That song is their best and they won't play it because Maynard doesn't want to hurt his throat . Makes me appreciate vocalists like Martin Van Drunen more.
Old 01-16-2011, 09:19 AM
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...

It's funny, I threw on Aenima in the car yesterday and thought how I haven't listened to Tool in ages. Then I started thinking about how they're probably due for a tour soon and deciding whether I'd want to go. My wife will want to go so that means I'll be going, but I really haven't enjoyed a Tool concert in a long fucking time. Always the same damn thing... absolutely no movement on stage, big screen with a bunch of trippy shit going on, total ignoring of Undertow songs (except for the occasional rendition of 'Sober'). I mean, I understand that they want to let the music speak for itself, but for $80+ for a ticket, show your fans that you give shit and get into it a little... am I right?
Old 01-16-2011, 10:14 AM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

Third Eye live would be amazing! You are one lucky man.

Tags
tool