Sadistic Intent -- Downey, CA -- December 21st, 2013
Thy Art Is Murder -- Sydney, Australia -- December 19th, 2014
Intronaut -- West Hollywood, CA -- December 19th, 2014
Cannabis Corpse -- Chicago, IL -- December 17th, 2014
Kreator -- London, England -- December 18th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 01-15-2011, 07:58 AM
Headbanger

Cool review. I think the wordsmith's on the board might have set a new record by not speaking up yet. I'm glad to see it actually. I'd rather read a cool review with typo's than just see a setlist anyday.

Cool setlist but I think I would have rather heard all of Arise like the last setlist I saw. Definitely some cool song choices though. Can't remember the last time I saw them play Septic Schizo so I would definitely go see this show.

As much as I respect Andres Kisser I've read a bunch of bad shit about him. Didn't Igor quit because of him? I heard Max wanted to reunite and Andres blocked it so Igor quit. That's really Axl-ish of Andres if it's true. I know it was a few years ago and I never followed up to see if that was true but I haven't heard anything since. Funny how Andres wasn't even an original member but they get to keep the name. I wonder with Igor gone if he and Max could get the name back since they're 2/3rds of the original lineup?

And lastly I kinda agree with Logan. I've only seen the new Sep lineup on dvd but Soulfly playing Sep songs live is incredible. Also if I were to make a cd of the best Soulfly songs vs. the best new-Sep songs I'm almost positive I'd like the Soulfly cd much better. Bloodbath & Beyond off the new cd is a great song and better than anything I heard an A-lex. I do like Moloko Mesto & The Treatment though

Last edited by jhdeity; 01-15-2011 at 08:00 AM.
Old 01-15-2011, 08:43 AM
#Controversial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepultura69 View Post
SEPULTURA totally ANNIHILATES Soulfly in performance. I saw Soulfly in November last year and they were good no doubt about it but Sepultura was fucking amazing.
Dude....come on. You're being a total fanboy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqAC0XCzVSc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfUEMGyEQhQ

If playing fast = better performance for you, fine. But I guarantee if you show someone who doesn't know about Sepultura an old Sep performance and then a new Soulfly performance of the same song, they would think it's the same band.
Old 01-15-2011, 10:31 AM
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicbrian666 View Post
Dude....come on. You're being a total fanboy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqAC0XCzVSc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfUEMGyEQhQ

If playing fast = better performance for you, fine. But I guarantee if you show someone who doesn't know about Sepultura an old Sep performance and then a new Soulfly performance of the same song, they would think it's the same band.
He might be a total fanboy, but he's right - at least as far as I'm concerned. I've seen Soulfly play old Sep songs and the "new" Sep (albeit with Igor still in the band) totally killed the Soulfly performance when I saw them.
Old 01-15-2011, 10:39 AM
Rats off to ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicbrian666 View Post
You should probably shower, otherwise you'll continue to smell like Fakepultura.
Old 01-15-2011, 10:46 AM
Rats off to ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
I heard Max wanted to reunite and Andres blocked it so Igor quit. That's really Axl-ish of Andres if it's true.
I heard in a Max interview that Andreas was cool with it but Paulo was the one who didn't want to do it. Which dosn't really make sense to me. Isn't Paulo the guy who sat back and let his band members record his parts for him? I wouldn't give a shit if the did a reunion without that guy.
Old 01-15-2011, 11:01 AM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodoftheKings View Post
I heard in a Max interview that Andreas was cool with it but Paulo was the one who didn't want to do it. Which dosn't really make sense to me. Isn't Paulo the guy who sat back and let his band members record his parts for him? I wouldn't give a shit if the did a reunion without that guy.
If that's true then I couldn't agree more. He was always the weak link and is by far the most replaceable.
Old 01-15-2011, 11:40 AM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Quote:
Cool review. I think the wordsmith's on the board might have set a new record by not speaking up yet. I'm glad to see it actually. I'd rather read a cool review with typo's than just see a setlist anyday.
Thanks man

Quote:
As much as I respect Andres Kisser I've read a bunch of bad shit about him. Didn't Igor quit because of him? I heard Max wanted to reunite and Andres blocked it so Igor quit. That's really Axl-ish of Andres if it's true. I know it was a few years ago and I never followed up to see if that was true but I haven't heard anything since.
This story you are talking about was back in 2006.

Igor didn't quit because of Andreas. He actually left on VERY good terms(unlike his brother). He first left in 2006 during a tour because he just got a kid with his 2nd wife, and then finally decided to leave the band to start his own DJ/Hiphop techno group known as MIXHELL which is a hip hop DJ duo that consists of Igor and his wife. They left on very good times, no bad blood at all. Igor is just sick of the whole metal thing(He said the only reason he would do a reunion is for his Brother...so you can tell he's OVER sepultura and just metal in general......ESPECIALLY when he's doing songs with VIOLENT JAY from Insane Clown Posse ).

Quote:
And lastly I kinda agree with Logan. I've only seen the new Sep lineup on dvd but Soulfly playing Sep songs live is incredible. Also if I were to make a cd of the best Soulfly songs vs. the best new-Sep songs I'm almost positive I'd like the Soulfly cd much better. Bloodbath & Beyond off the new cd is a great song and better than anything I heard an A-lex. I do like Moloko Mesto & The Treatment though
I hope you're not talkin about that DVD "LIVE in Sao Paolo" in 2005(that was a horrible performance, and that was back when Derrick still couldn't sing worth diddly squat).

Now here comes the part where we dissagree. I HATE soulfly. I really do.....I tried so hard to get into them back in the days like early 2000's. Just didn't click on me(AND I LISTENED TO EVERY ALBUM....Even the ones that are hailed as "brutal and very thrashy"....Just didn't click on me)

Even a week before I went to see Soulfly I tried getting into their material before the show so I can get a good idea of the songs...But I just hated them(I thought seeing people go crazy during a song like "JUMPDAFUCKUP" was just silly and childesh...I felt like I was in some KORN video)
not to mention Max's guitar was totally mute through out most of the performance..

But I won't lie, Max still sounds fucking Godly when it comes to the Sep tunes(especially when he busted out Troops of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodoftheKings View Post
Sep actually made a video posted online stating that there is no reunion and that they have not had any communication or talk with Max for years and years. You guys do realize that Max Cavalera is notorious for being one of Metals biggest shit talkers right?....is this really new to you guys? Has anyone even been reading the current story on the Bobby Burns/Max Cavalera Shenanigans(pretty interesting read.....which is starting to really worry me on max's credibility)

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...sitemID=151645

"Max is a fucking idiot. If he keeps talking shit I'm gonna let the whole world know some shit about their cover band leader hero. And he blames poor paolo for the sep stuff" - Bobby Burns"
11/14 - Slayer

Last edited by Sepultura69; 01-15-2011 at 11:46 AM.
Old 01-15-2011, 11:58 AM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

That is a great set, and its good to Sepultura acknowledging every part of their careers in their setlists. Its a tough topic, the Sepultura vs. Cavaleras debate but I will say that with Sepultura playing these sort of setlists, it definitely ups their credibility. Soulfly definitely are not offering as good a live performance these days in terms of setlist, and Cavalera Conspiracy live, setlist wise, is essentially a Sepultura greatest hits. So with this kind of setlist, Sepultura are definitely the winners in terms of live output.
Old 01-15-2011, 12:13 PM
and you can never quarantine the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepultura69 View Post
SEPULTURA totally ANNIHILATES Soulfly in performance. I saw Soulfly in November last year and they were good no doubt about it but Sepultura was fucking amazing. Like I said before....I'm not trying to kiss the bands ass all I simply ask is you guys go to one of the shows during their upcoming tour and then come and tell me if you thought they sucked or not?(I think DethMaiden has seen them aswell and could probably vouch for me on this one )

I really love their last two releases and after going to these last two shows(I just got back from the Hollywood show)I'm glad to know I am not the only one that really loves the new stuff. The pits really got intense and brutal during songs like the "The Treatment" and "WHAT I DO?" and everyone was singing the lyrics word for word, it was awesome!. The brand new song they played off the upcoming album also sounded really great(apparently Roy Z was at the show tonight, checking out the bands performance since hes producing the upcoming record). But to answer your question, yes it's definitely worth checking out the old stuff....Especially when they are playing the majority of the albums written and played by Andreas Kisser
Damn...even without Max on vocals?
However, I am watching some videos right now and they honestly sound fine without him
The only bad thing is that I think the setlist on their upcoming tour won't be nearly as long as this one *won't have nearly as many old songs*.
First of all, this was more of an "exclusive" show than anything, so it obviously had an extra-long set
Second, there's six bands on their upcoming tour so naturally they will have to shorten their set.
Old 01-15-2011, 12:16 PM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextrimental View Post
That is a great set, and its good to Sepultura acknowledging every part of their careers in their setlists. Its a tough topic, the Sepultura vs. Cavaleras debate but I will say that with Sepultura playing these sort of setlists, it definitely ups their credibility. Soulfly definitely are not offering as good a live performance these days in terms of setlist, and Cavalera Conspiracy live, setlist wise, is essentially a Sepultura greatest hits. So with this kind of setlist, Sepultura are definitely the winners in terms of live output.

That's interesting that you mention that because Derrick stated right off the bat that they would be playing songs off their entire Discography(He said this right after the 2nd song was finished).

I have said this many times and I'll say it again. Everyone can talk as much shit as they want about the current line up of Sep....call me a dick suckin fanboy, whatever you want.....but all I SIMPLY ASK is this AND ONLY THIS

Go to the upcoming tour(they are playing all over america in 2 months)...Check them out and THEN TELL ME IF THEY STILL SUCK AND ARE A COVER BAND....speaking of which....if this band is a "cover" band....then this was without a doubt one of the best cover band concerts I have been too....In fact I have never heard such an amazing cover band in my life...probably the best cover band in existence. For a cover band they sounded incredible....
11/14 - Slayer

Last edited by Sepultura69; 01-15-2011 at 12:58 PM.

Tags
angra, sepultura