Nine Inch Nails -- Morrison, CO -- July 21st, 2014
Helmet -- West Hollywood, CA -- July 11th, 2014
Mastodon -- Nordfjordied, Norway -- July 18th, 2014
Queens of the Stone Age -- Philadelphia, PA -- July 20th, 2014
Queensryche -- Waukesha, WI -- July 19th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 12-31-2010, 08:31 AM
welp

Pure Hatred so early in the set? Da fuck?
Old 12-31-2010, 09:55 AM
and you can never quarantine the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derelict View Post
Possible the first time in American history these words have ever been uttered.
I applied to a school near Cleveland so I could take advantage of the fact they get every single concert (that's part of the reason, anyways...)
Old 12-31-2010, 10:16 AM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

Quote:
Originally Posted by makethemsuffer12 View Post
Pure Hatred so early in the set? Da fuck?
I guess everything after that was technically an encore. After Pure Hatred, Mark was like, "Thanks Cleveland! See you guys next year!" and left the stage. I was supremely confused because it felt like 10 minutes. But whatever, the set after was so amazing that I didn't miss Pure Hatred at all.
Old 12-31-2010, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loganarchy View Post
I applied to a school near Cleveland so I could take advantage of the fact they get every single concert (that's part of the reason, anyways...)
Yeah, Cleveland's not a great city overall, but the metal scene is just awesome there. I love it.
Old 12-31-2010, 10:50 AM
and you can never quarantine the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd091 View Post
Yeah, Cleveland's not a great city overall, but the metal scene is just awesome there. I love it.
Didn't you say you just moved to Chicago, too? I imagine Chicago would have the better metal scene... do tell!

Anyways, I decided I'm probably not going to that school near Cleveland, even if I do get accepted. However, I'm applying to Northwestern
Old 12-31-2010, 11:20 AM
PC Load Letter? What the fuck does that mean?

a few items to address:

1. The reason Pure Hatred was so early was because they were playing certain selections from each album. I think they chose to play the 6 songs on Impossibility first in order to make people, like myself, think they were going to play the album all the way through. Also, they wanted to joke that after Pure Hatred that the set was over.

2. Cleveland has one of the best metal scenes in the country. The local bands thrive here. National bands play here all the time and love it because what's more metal than a depressed old industrial town in the middle of America with a crumbling infrastructure? It's pretty brutal here.
Old 12-31-2010, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loganarchy View Post
Didn't you say you just moved to Chicago, too? I imagine Chicago would have the better metal scene... do tell!

Anyways, I decided I'm probably not going to that school near Cleveland, even if I do get accepted. However, I'm applying to Northwestern
You would be surprised. I mean, by no means is the scene bad here, it's just nothing like Cleveland. Shows I've seen so far at Reggies aren't that packed, and it doesn't even begin to fill until the main act gets on. At peabody's, people pack the venue for the local bands, even before the official opening acts. I will say that living in the city, It's real easy to get to most of the venues in Chicago by public transportation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrovar View Post
2. Cleveland has one of the best metal scenes in the country. The local bands thrive here. National bands play here all the time and love it because what's more metal than a depressed old industrial town in the middle of America with a crumbling infrastructure? It's pretty brutal here.
So true. Chicago is more hip, young, cool and wealthy, resulting in a HUGE indie rock and club scene. It's those pissed of lower class workers in Cleveland that make metal thrive.
Old 12-31-2010, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrovar View Post
Ohio Sky opened, along with my buddy's band Solipsist, who are the best up and coming metal band in town.

The new Chimaira bass player was awesome too. Chimaira was spot on all night. Merry Christmas!!!
Ohio Sky = wtf? I thought I was watching Coheed and Cambria, but without musical skill. Solipsist were absolutely awesome, my first time ever hearing them. I was moved by their performance so much that I bought a T-shirt afterwards. We need more metal bands like them in today's scene!

And, to my pleasant surprise, Chimaira's bass player was indeed Emil Werstler from Daath! He's such a great guitarist, and he tore it up with the bass. I hope he stays with Daath though, but he would make a sick new bassist for Chimaira.
Old 12-31-2010, 03:45 PM
N00B

No Dehumanizing Process in the set. Such a great live song and it has sort of become a live staple over the years. I haven't seen too many sets in recent years that haven't included Dehumanizing.
Old 01-01-2011, 11:47 AM
PC Load Letter? What the fuck does that mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd091 View Post
Ohio Sky = wtf? I thought I was watching Coheed and Cambria, but without musical skill. Solipsist were absolutely awesome, my first time ever hearing them. I was moved by their performance so much that I bought a T-shirt afterwards. We need more metal bands like them in today's scene!
Yeah, I thought the same thing about Ohio Sky. Solipsist absolutely kill it every time they play. They're some of my best friends and they definitely appreciate the support. Whenever J-Mann comes up and does "House of Cards" with them he always says they are the best metal band in Cleveland. I assume he didn't say so that night cuz Chimaira were there obviously.

Tags
chimaira