Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Nine Inch Nails -- Morrison, CO -- July 21st, 2014
Helmet -- West Hollywood, CA -- July 11th, 2014
Mastodon -- Nordfjordied, Norway -- July 18th, 2014
Queens of the Stone Age -- Philadelphia, PA -- July 20th, 2014
Queensryche -- Waukesha, WI -- July 19th, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 12-31-2010, 08:31 AM
makethemsuffer12's Avatar
makethemsuffer12 makethemsuffer12 is offline
welp
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Long Island
Posts: 4,278
Pure Hatred so early in the set? Da fuck?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-31-2010, 09:55 AM
larvtard's Avatar
larvtard larvtard is offline
and you can never quarantine the past
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derelict View Post
Possible the first time in American history these words have ever been uttered.
I applied to a school near Cleveland so I could take advantage of the fact they get every single concert (that's part of the reason, anyways...)
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-31-2010, 10:16 AM
jd091's Avatar
jd091 jd091 is offline
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 7,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by makethemsuffer12 View Post
Pure Hatred so early in the set? Da fuck?
I guess everything after that was technically an encore. After Pure Hatred, Mark was like, "Thanks Cleveland! See you guys next year!" and left the stage. I was supremely confused because it felt like 10 minutes. But whatever, the set after was so amazing that I didn't miss Pure Hatred at all.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-31-2010, 10:17 AM
jd091's Avatar
jd091 jd091 is offline
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 7,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by loganarchy View Post
I applied to a school near Cleveland so I could take advantage of the fact they get every single concert (that's part of the reason, anyways...)
Yeah, Cleveland's not a great city overall, but the metal scene is just awesome there. I love it.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-31-2010, 10:50 AM
larvtard's Avatar
larvtard larvtard is offline
and you can never quarantine the past
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd091 View Post
Yeah, Cleveland's not a great city overall, but the metal scene is just awesome there. I love it.
Didn't you say you just moved to Chicago, too? I imagine Chicago would have the better metal scene... do tell!

Anyways, I decided I'm probably not going to that school near Cleveland, even if I do get accepted. However, I'm applying to Northwestern
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 12-31-2010, 11:20 AM
petrovar's Avatar
petrovar petrovar is offline
PC Load Letter? What the fuck does that mean?
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 395
a few items to address:

1. The reason Pure Hatred was so early was because they were playing certain selections from each album. I think they chose to play the 6 songs on Impossibility first in order to make people, like myself, think they were going to play the album all the way through. Also, they wanted to joke that after Pure Hatred that the set was over.

2. Cleveland has one of the best metal scenes in the country. The local bands thrive here. National bands play here all the time and love it because what's more metal than a depressed old industrial town in the middle of America with a crumbling infrastructure? It's pretty brutal here.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-31-2010, 02:30 PM
jd091's Avatar
jd091 jd091 is offline
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 7,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by loganarchy View Post
Didn't you say you just moved to Chicago, too? I imagine Chicago would have the better metal scene... do tell!

Anyways, I decided I'm probably not going to that school near Cleveland, even if I do get accepted. However, I'm applying to Northwestern
You would be surprised. I mean, by no means is the scene bad here, it's just nothing like Cleveland. Shows I've seen so far at Reggies aren't that packed, and it doesn't even begin to fill until the main act gets on. At peabody's, people pack the venue for the local bands, even before the official opening acts. I will say that living in the city, It's real easy to get to most of the venues in Chicago by public transportation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrovar View Post
2. Cleveland has one of the best metal scenes in the country. The local bands thrive here. National bands play here all the time and love it because what's more metal than a depressed old industrial town in the middle of America with a crumbling infrastructure? It's pretty brutal here.
So true. Chicago is more hip, young, cool and wealthy, resulting in a HUGE indie rock and club scene. It's those pissed of lower class workers in Cleveland that make metal thrive.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-31-2010, 03:16 PM
jd091's Avatar
jd091 jd091 is offline
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 7,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by petrovar View Post
Ohio Sky opened, along with my buddy's band Solipsist, who are the best up and coming metal band in town.

The new Chimaira bass player was awesome too. Chimaira was spot on all night. Merry Christmas!!!
Ohio Sky = wtf? I thought I was watching Coheed and Cambria, but without musical skill. Solipsist were absolutely awesome, my first time ever hearing them. I was moved by their performance so much that I bought a T-shirt afterwards. We need more metal bands like them in today's scene!

And, to my pleasant surprise, Chimaira's bass player was indeed Emil Werstler from Daath! He's such a great guitarist, and he tore it up with the bass. I hope he stays with Daath though, but he would make a sick new bassist for Chimaira.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-31-2010, 03:45 PM
x-voltage x-voltage is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: illinois
Posts: 321
No Dehumanizing Process in the set. Such a great live song and it has sort of become a live staple over the years. I haven't seen too many sets in recent years that haven't included Dehumanizing.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-01-2011, 11:47 AM
petrovar's Avatar
petrovar petrovar is offline
PC Load Letter? What the fuck does that mean?
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd091 View Post
Ohio Sky = wtf? I thought I was watching Coheed and Cambria, but without musical skill. Solipsist were absolutely awesome, my first time ever hearing them. I was moved by their performance so much that I bought a T-shirt afterwards. We need more metal bands like them in today's scene!
Yeah, I thought the same thing about Ohio Sky. Solipsist absolutely kill it every time they play. They're some of my best friends and they definitely appreciate the support. Whenever J-Mann comes up and does "House of Cards" with them he always says they are the best metal band in Cleveland. I assume he didn't say so that night cuz Chimaira were there obviously.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
chimaira

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:35 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008