Cheap Trick -- Boston, MA -- August 27th, 2014
Misery Signals -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014
Rhapsody of Fire -- Cd. Obregon, Mex -- August 24th, 2014
Sleep -- Boston, MA -- August 24th, 2014
Alice in Chains -- Rama, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 12-24-2010, 07:29 AM

Winds of Plague -- Pomona, CA -- December 23rd, 2010

i went to this show primarily to see As Blood Runs Black. WOP aren't bad imo but i just can't get into them. when my friends and i get to the show we find out it's sold out. it doesn't take long to find extra tickets from some local bands who needed to sell their tickets. from looking at the crowd and not to my suprise, this show was going to be plauged with brocore dancers.

i missed all the local bands, except the last one, The Great Commission. i have seen this band's name many times on a lot of fliers opening up for -core shows such as this one. to my suprise when they came on they got a really good crowd reaction and a lot of people knew all the lyrics. there were a lot of hardcore dancers looking to kill someone, but they still got a good amount of circle pits too. even though they are very breakdown heavy i enjoyed them live, but i wouldn't listen to them on my own.

next up was Carnifex. i don't think they're terrible but i don't like them really. but to be honest, they were pretty good live. it was retarded but funny at the same time to see them ask for circle pits and no one in the crowd was doing anything during the fast parts, but went apeshit for the breakdowns.

next up was As Blood Runs Black who were the main reason i came. i've liked this band since '07 but i've never seen them before. every time i was supposed to see them some of my friends ranked out for whatever reason. anyways they were great live. the new band members were great especially the new singer. i'm pretty stoked to hear the new album which drops out in february. they got some decent circle pits, and of course a grip of hardcore dancers. they did have a wall of death for the last breakdown for the last song. they were still a lot of fun though and i cant wait to see them again.

setlist
--
Air Force One
In Dying Days
Resist
Strife (Chug Chug)
My Fears Have Become Phobias
Hester Prynne (w/ wall of death)

next up was Winds of Plague. i'm not really a fan but i've seen them twice and they're fun live. they were pretty fun live this time live. i enjoyed ABRB's performance more but i thought WOP was more fun due to the fact that more people were into it. they got some alright circle pits, and of course a bunch of hardcore dancers. their wall of death at the end was pretty sweet though.

setlist
--
The Impaler
Origins and Endings
Crest and Horns
Decimate the Weak
Angels of Debauchery
Approach the Podium
Refined in Fire (new)
Brotherhood
Reloaded (w/ wall of death)
2.17 Machine Head
2.18 Symphony X

Last edited by xStructualDefect; 12-25-2010 at 03:23 AM.
Old 12-24-2010, 01:16 PM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

I still trip out that these guys got as big as they did. Shit, I remember my friend burning me the Bleak December demo back in 2003. I saw Bleak December play at my schools battle of the bands, cause we all went to the same school, then a few months later they changed their name to Winds of Plague. When I was a sophomore in high school, I bought a used Chemistry book that used to belong to the original bassist, Kevin Grant, and I used to make a joke that the book would be worth millions if they ever got big haha.
Old 12-24-2010, 01:40 PM
Kvlt,Grim,Frostbitten,and Grindage

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegantopher View Post
I still trip out that these guys got as big as they did. Shit, I remember my friend burning me the Bleak December demo back in 2003. I saw Bleak December play at my schools battle of the bands, cause we all went to the same school, then a few months later they changed their name to Winds of Plague. When I was a sophomore in high school, I bought a used Chemistry book that used to belong to the original bassist, Kevin Grant, and I used to make a joke that the book would be worth millions if they ever got big haha.
crazy!
10/31-King Diamond
Old 12-25-2010, 03:58 AM

apparently the drummer for WOP is from El Monte, the city i'm from and live in. my friend was talking to some members of WOP before the show and told them he's from El Monte too and they talked for a bit. after the show when WOP was throwing stuff out my friend yelled out El Monte to the drummer and the drummer smiled at him and yelled back Monte and handed him the setlist.

i also met andrew metalhead at this show for the first time. to my suprise he liked the lineup, and enjoyed Carnifex a lot.

also the singer of Carnifex had a Wolves in the Throne Room shirt. i don't listen to them but i know a lot of people here talk about them a lot.

i also somewhat got into an arguement that i found hilarious with some metal elitist when my friends and i went to burger king after the show. he was a very fat metalhead with dirty long blonde hair, a dirty looking beard, a Pantera shirt, and the nerdiest voice ever. i HATE stereotyping but he was the definition of a guy in his mid 20's who still hasn't gotten laid, lives at home with his parents still and plays World of Warcraft all the time.

he overheard us talking about the show and started telling us how much of posers we are for liking those bands and enjoying the show. i didn't want to argue back with him i just wanted to see where this goes and laugh it off. he starts this rant saying he wants to stab every hardcore dancer there and "that hardcore shit is so gay" and that this show was full of posers because "there wasn't enough push pits." he told my friend that he's a faggot for having fun during Winds of Plague, and my friend tells him why do you care if you don't like them. he goes off all pissed off saying well you guys are still kids and don't know real metal and should listen to "true metal like death metal and black metal and not poser metal." i wanted to laugh my ass off as how retarded this conversation was. he reminded of a keyboard warrior who would talk shit on bands on youtube and telling everyone they should listen to "real metal." in fact i'm pretty sure he does that. i don't know why he'd go to a show of bands he hates, but he had a younger kid next to him with a Great Commision shirt on (a band that played this festival). i'm guessing that was his little brother or someone he went with to the show. not long after more of him trying to talk shit more to us, a car comes next to them and he says "goodbye lady faggot posers" or something along those lines and goes into the car with the kid he was with. the kid opens the door and says "hi mom." keep in mind the older metal elitist looked like he was maybe 25 years old. i bet he felt very accomplished talking shit to us and trying to tell us what's "real metal"

i thought i'd share this story because i thought it was pretty funny and also i feel like that guy is the perfect definition of why some people talk shit about metalheads(who are usually nerdy): fat nerdy guys who constantly talk shit about everyone and everything especially bands and "what's true" and not.
2.17 Machine Head
2.18 Symphony X

Last edited by xStructualDefect; 12-25-2010 at 04:07 AM.
Old 12-25-2010, 05:46 AM
Look at me now, using torches of fire, look higher than anyone else, I am the great juggler!

Off topic, but I love elturtleboy's avatar. I work at Hardees and found that hilarious XD.
Old 12-28-2010, 07:36 PM
Held together at it's last seams

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegantopher View Post
I envy you. SoUnds like the show was hardcore.
Old 12-29-2010, 03:50 PM
The best part of waking up, is Satan in your cup

Wow I haven't listened to As Blood Runs Black in forever...I used to listen to them a lot like 3 years ago. They have a new lineup now?

Tags
blood runs black, winds of plague