Intronaut -- West Hollywood, CA -- December 19th, 2014
Cannabis Corpse -- Chicago, IL -- December 17th, 2014
Kreator -- London, England -- December 18th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Album Reviews

Old 12-20-2010, 02:16 PM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
Seriously?! Like really honest to goodness not fucking around or anything?!!
Not at all. Check the thread for CD's of the last decade. It was my #1 choice and off the top of my head I can maybe name 8 or 9 better cd's of all time. Add in the additional cd with the Special Edition and it might even climb a spot higher. Start to finish a total masterpiece for me.

As far as Roadrunner goes, they posted 50+ lists and I found it interesting looking them over. It's good to expose yourself to as many informed opinions as you can. I hear so much shit regurgitated on some sites that it's good to hear people who don't think the last 4 Maiden albums are their 4 best. hahahaha

Seriously though, I don't know how much cred you can give them but over a publication like Rolling Stone, Roadrunner is God.
Old 12-20-2010, 05:55 PM
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
Not at all. Check the thread for CD's of the last decade. It was my #1 choice and off the top of my head I can maybe name 8 or 9 better cd's of all time. Add in the additional cd with the Special Edition and it might even climb a spot higher. Start to finish a total masterpiece for me.

As far as Roadrunner goes, they posted 50+ lists and I found it interesting looking them over. It's good to expose yourself to as many informed opinions as you can. I hear so much shit regurgitated on some sites that it's good to hear people who don't think the last 4 Maiden albums are their 4 best. hahahaha

Seriously though, I don't know how much cred you can give them but over a publication like Rolling Stone, Roadrunner is God.
Well to each their own I guess. I bought the CD because I had heard it was a massive return to form... a form that hadn't been seen since their first album. It was a return to form of sorts I guess. Definitely a step up from what was before it, but that's not saying much. It's a good album though, 3 or 4 good songs... a couple decent ones, and a couple stinkers. Anyway, just surprised me to see top 10 of all time.
Old 12-20-2010, 07:50 PM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
Well to each their own I guess. I bought the CD because I had heard it was a massive return to form... a form that hadn't been seen since their first album. It was a return to form of sorts I guess. Definitely a step up from what was before it, but that's not saying much. It's a good album though, 3 or 4 good songs... a couple decent ones, and a couple stinkers. Anyway, just surprised me to see top 10 of all time.
There are no stinkers on that cd that I know of. The only song that isn't great at 1st listen is A Farewell to Arms and that song will really grow on you if you give it a chance. Still my least favorite but that's more of a testament to the greatness of the other songs. If you've heard these songs live I think you would really be impressed.