Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

High on Fire -- Los Angeles, CA -- August 19th, 2014
Nothing More -- Baltimore, MD -- August 18th, 2014
Boris -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- August 17th, 2014
Motley Crue -- Alpharetta, GA -- August 16th, 2014
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- August 14th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Album Reviews

Old 12-14-2010, 12:38 PM
Not popular in Buffalo

54.Godsmack-The Oracle
I knew The Oracle was doomed when I heard lead single "Cryin Like A Bitch". "Cryin Like A Bitch" is the worst track Godsmack has ever made. The whole record doesn't really get much better. It's pretty much just an awful version of their earlier stuff.
Standout Track
1.Love-Hate -Sex- Pain (the only good track here)

53.Iron Maiden-The Final Frontier
I know i'm going to catch some heat for this one. Iron Maiden is and will always be one of my favorite bands, but The Final Frontier sucks. I have never been big on their reunion-era stuff and The Final Frontier continues that trend.Bruce sounds strained and weak throughout the entire record. In addition to Bruce's weak vocals, the songs drag on and feel a lot longer than they actually are. "The Man Who Would Be King", "El Dorado" and "Coming Home" are the worst tracks with Bruce on it. There are a couple of decent tracks, but mainly it's full of duds. Personally, I think this the worst Maiden record with Bruce on it.
Standout Tracks
1.Starblind
2.The Final Frontier

52.Rob Zombie-Hellbilly Deluxe 2
Rob Zombie is another one of my favorite artists that released a shitty record this year. My expectations wern't high at all after I heard "What?" and "Burn" last year. Most of this album just doesn't click. It tries to hard to be a carbon-copy of Hellbilly Deluxe then be a stand-alone album. The songs do translate well live, but on album, for the most part, the tracks are lackluster.
Standout Tracks
1.Jesus Frankenstein
2.Mars Needs Women

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Old 12-14-2010, 12:46 PM
and you can never quarantine the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastodon421 View Post

54.Godsmack-The Oracle
I knew The Oracle was doomed when I heard lead single "Cryin Like A Bitch". "Cryin Like A Bitch" is the worst track Godsmack has ever made. The whole record doesn't really get much better. It's pretty much just an awful version of their earlier stuff.
Standout Track
1.Love-Hate -Sex- Pain (the only good track here)
you actually listened to the new Godsmack album? are you a fan of self-inflicted suffering, or something?
Old 12-14-2010, 12:46 PM
Bitch, shut up and blast beat my meat like a Pete Sandoval with titties.

Quote:
55.Bring Me The Horizon-There Is A Hell,Believe Me I've Seen It. There Is A Heaven, Let's Keep It A Secret
Bring Me The Horizon's new record is a bit different from their past material and has 2 songs that I actually like. Outside of those 2 tracks, it's an emo-filled piece of shit. "Crucify Me", "Don't Go" and "It Never Ends" are way too ambitious for BMTH and end up being just as bad as their earlier material. This might be the best record BMTH has ever done, but it still fucking sucks.
Standout Tracks
1.Home Sweet Hole
2.The Fox and The Wolf
I mostly agree with that, But the song 'Fuck' is all around good for them, it was very surprising, they dont usually put clean vocals like they did with this album and i thought they pulled it off pretty well. and the lyrics for that song, other than the obvious "lets fuck", are fairly well thought out and put together. It's still bring me the horizon but it wasnt a terrible album

1/19- Despise You
1/21- Castle
2/14- Hatebreed
3/16- AILD
Old 12-14-2010, 12:57 PM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by loganarchy View Post
you actually listened to the new Godsmack album? are you a fan of self-inflicted suffering, or something?
You forgot the dumbest song of 2010 that is actually on the bonus cd version. Whiskey Hangover. My IQ drops every time I hear that godawful song. They still play it on the radio around here and every time I ask myself WHY??????????
Old 12-15-2010, 02:58 PM
I can't stop thinking big

The fact that Iron Maiden is grouped in the same post as Godsmack and Rob Zombie is just wrong.
7/18 - Iron Maiden/Alice Cooper
Old 12-15-2010, 02:59 PM
I can't stop thinking big

Quote:
There are a couple of decent tracks, but mainly it's full of duds. Personally, I think this the worst Maiden record with Bruce on it.
Have you ever listened to No Prayer For The Dying or Fear of the Dark? You cannot tell me that there's not a song on TFF better than stuff like Bring Your Daughter To The Slaughter.
7/18 - Iron Maiden/Alice Cooper
Old 12-15-2010, 03:09 PM
"Never wanted your approval, never wanted your acceptance. Never wanted to be anything but me" LOG

[mastodon421]
Quote:

57.Eminem-Recovery
Eminem's descent to complete shit is complete with Recovery. I didn't hate his last release, Relapse, but it was highly flawed. Recovery's biggest issue is that it's way too mainstream. Eminem no longer cares about smart lyrics, he only cares about radio hits. Shitty guest artists like Rihanna and Pink only bring the album even further down. Recovery is an absolute pile of dog shit that Eminem should be ashamed of.
Eminem needs to find a new thing to rap about. Him getting clean from drugs, his mother, his daughter(Well I understand if he raps about his daughter), his ex. We have heard it all before. I listened to this album it was alright, a few songs were fine, Cold Wind Blows and Not afraid I like. I actually like the song he did with Rihanna. I do agree that this is mainstream and he is just going for radio hits now. Though Eminem has always been meanstream but his songs before relapse were actually good, real and better than all modern rap.

Quote:
[55.Bring Me The Horizon-There Is A Hell,Believe Me I've Seen It. There Is A Heaven, Let's Keep It A Secret
Bring Me The Horizon's new record is a bit different from their past material and has 2 songs that I actually like. Outside of those 2 tracks, it's an emo-filled piece of shit. "Crucify Me", "Don't Go" and "It Never Ends" are way too ambitious for BMTH and end up being just as bad as their earlier material. This might be the best record BMTH has ever done, but it still fucking sucks.
Standout Tracks
1.Home Sweet Hole
2.The Fox and The Wolf
Bring me the Horizon is gross.

Last edited by Indestructible; 12-15-2010 at 03:11 PM.
Old 12-15-2010, 03:11 PM
"Never wanted your approval, never wanted your acceptance. Never wanted to be anything but me" LOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
You forgot the dumbest song of 2010 that is actually on the bonus cd version. Whiskey Hangover. My IQ drops every time I hear that godawful song. They still play it on the radio around here and every time I ask myself WHY??????????
Crying like a Bitch is dumber than Whiskey Hangover. Godsmack sucks now, not that they were that good before, but they did have some decent songs on the first 3 albums.
Old 12-15-2010, 03:35 PM
Not popular in Buffalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLRedWing13 View Post
Have you ever listened to No Prayer For The Dying or Fear of the Dark? You cannot tell me that there's not a song on TFF better than stuff like Bring Your Daughter To The Slaughter.
Yes I have, those aren't good records either. Bring Your Daughter To The Slaughter is the worst Maiden track with Bruce on it, so yes every song on The Final Frontier is better than it. I still think The Final Frontier is their worst album as a whole with Bruce on it. Don't get me wrong I am a huge Maiden fan, I just do not like their reunion-era stuff outside of Brave New World.

edit: I forgot to mention that i'm not doing a post tonight, Have to study for some finals.

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/

Last edited by mastodon421; 12-15-2010 at 03:40 PM.
Old 12-15-2010, 03:55 PM

Quote:

53.Iron Maiden-The Final Frontier
Bruce sounds strained and weak throughout the entire record