Black Label Society -- Memphis, TN -- July 27th, 2014
Megadeth -- Milwaukee, WI -- July 19th, 2013
Family Values Tour -- Denver, CO -- November 11th, 2001

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 12-13-2010, 11:07 PM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepultura69 View Post
You're point?....We all know the Cavaleras where the founding members. We where talking about Main song writers which where Andreas and Max....not who the founding members are.

Whats wrong with continuing a band he helped built and create? He's motivated and still want's to go on with the good name that he helped make back when he joined in 87' and I respect him alot for that. Max left and Andreas wanted to go on and I look extremely forward to headbanging with him in January

I don't know what the problem with A-LEX is. It has a lot of epic and heavy tuness like Moloko Mesto, We've Lost you, Sadistic Values, Strike, The Treatment ect.

That's true. They definitely wouldn't be playing at the House of blues by my place which is fairly small.
Cuz you said No when I first pointed out the Cavaleras were the founding members, read back at your older post.

Continuing without Max isn't too bad, but without both the Cavaleras seems just, well, odd, and a lil almost Mustain-esque. The Cavaleras created the sound, whether you like it or not Sepulturas sound is the riffs and the drumming, like any thrash band, and that was the Cavaleras. And epic and heavy tunes are all well and god, but do they sound like Sepultura?

And yup, which is a shame if I'm honest, cuz Soulfly are quite big, as are Cavalera Conspiray, but none will ever be as big as what Sepultura could've been.
Old 12-14-2010, 12:17 AM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextrimental View Post
Cuz you said No when I first pointed out the Cavaleras were the founding members, read back at your older post.
Nope... No where in my posts do I say that Igor was not a founding member. I just said that Andreas and Max were the main song writers of the band. That's all, nothing more nothing less. Re-read what I posted earlier, I said nothing about Igor not being a founding member.

Quote:
Continuing without Max isn't too bad, but without both the Cavaleras seems just, well, odd, and a lil almost Mustain-esque. The Cavaleras and Kisser created the sound, whether you like it or not Sepulturas sound is the riffs and the drumming, like any thrash band, and that was the Cavaleras and Andreas Kisser.
fixed

Quote:
shame if I'm honest, none will ever be as big as what Sepultura could've been.

True 2 Dat
10/19 - D.R.I
11/10 - Judas Priest
11/14 - Slayer

Last edited by Sepultura69; 12-14-2010 at 08:38 AM.
Old 12-14-2010, 12:16 PM
N00B

Quote:
Yes I do. First off I think everything Sepultura came out with after "Chaos A.D" is total and utter dog shit. "Roots" is a horrible crappy tribal pop-nu metal educed excuse of an album. "Against" is a pretty shitty terrible album as well, I can't stand one track on that record. "Nation" is a very bad album too, don't even get me started with "Nation". I loath all those albums, they all suck simple and plain. However I really do like "roorback", "Dante XXI" and there newest release "A-Lex" alot. Sepultura have released 3 awesome albums after Max left compared to Soufly which has never released one good album.
Soulfly's 'Dark Ages" and "Conquer" kill anything Sepultura has done since Chaos AD. I tried to get into newer Sepultura like Dante XXI and A-Lex, there's some good songs on them, but for the most part i just found them boring...most of the songs didn't stand out. I know Soulfly's first few albums sucked, but the last few have been killer.
Old 12-14-2010, 12:40 PM
and you can never quarantine the past

Okay, sepultura69, look at this way. Forgot all this stuff about founding members/main songwriters, blablabla... Max was the VOICE of the band (pun intended).
What made Sepultura different than all the other thrash bands? Max. Simple as that. Yeah, I know he's just a frontman and all, but when people heard old Sepultura I doubt they said, "Wow, these riffs are like nothing I've ever heard before. These guys have the most original thrash sound I've ever heard." They probably said something along the lines of, "Wow, this guy has the coolest thrash yell I've ever heard. I don't think I've ever heard anything like it."

So what I'm trying to say here is that Sepultura today could sound like old Sepultura even with one original member/main songwriter, but it's not worth it without Max.
Old 12-14-2010, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian852009 View Post
Soulfly's 'Dark Ages" and "Conquer" kill anything Sepultura has done since Chaos AD. I tried to get into newer Sepultura like Dante XXI and A-Lex, there's some good songs on them, but for the most part i just found them boring...most of the songs didn't stand out. I know Soulfly's first few albums sucked, but the last few have been killer.
Agree to Disagree

I tried getting into Soulfly(both old and new) before seeing them play a couple weeks ago in hollywood and nope, nothing sparked me, I couldn't get into "Omen", "Dark Ages" ect. I don't get how people can call these steaming piles of smelly cat turd "dark and brutal" albums

And I'm sorry you find Sepulturas last couple of releases boring and bland. I can say the same exact thing about everything Soulfly has released so far

opinions are opinions, like I said earlier

agree to disagree
10/19 - D.R.I
11/10 - Judas Priest
11/14 - Slayer

Last edited by Sepultura69; 12-14-2010 at 12:48 PM.
Old 12-14-2010, 12:54 PM
Bitch, shut up and blast beat my meat like a Pete Sandoval with titties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian852009 View Post
Soulfly's 'Dark Ages" and "Conquer" kill anything Sepultura has done since Chaos AD.
Back To The Primitive and Omen blow those two out of the water

1/19- Despise You
1/21- Castle
2/14- Hatebreed
3/16- AILD
Old 12-14-2010, 05:13 PM
#Controversial

Uh...I don't know about Back To The Primitive, but Omen is fucking awesome.

Bloodbath and Beyond
Old 12-14-2010, 05:19 PM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Quote:
Nope... No where in my posts do I say that Igor was not a founding member. I just said that Andreas and Max were the main song writers of the band. That's all, nothing more nothing less. Re-read what I posted earlier, I said nothing about Igor not being a founding member.

fixed

True 2 Dat
You did, you said 'no' when I pointed out he was a founding member. Aaaaaaaanyway, Im done with this futile argument. The true Sepultura will always be with the Cavaleras, right now they're not quite a cover band, but they're cetainly nowhere near what they were.
Old 12-14-2010, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicbrian666 View Post
Bloodbath and Beyond
lolz @ "Blood Bath and Beyond" It sounds like they are making a refrence to the popular Retail store "Bed Bath and Beyond"

10/19 - D.R.I
11/10 - Judas Priest
11/14 - Slayer
Old 12-14-2010, 05:32 PM

Quote:
You did, you said 'no' when I pointed out he was a founding member.
oh brother....

Quote:
No and No....

Max and Igor were not the main Song writers of Sepultura. Max has said in countless interviews that he and Andreas were the main song writers of Sepultura
and that Igor did "come up with some cool beats here and there" and that Paolo didn't do jack shit in the band. As for "Height of there Career".....Whether it was during there career defining moments it still doesn't change the fact that they where heading towards a bad direction, musically(Roots is a horrible album and so is everything that has been released by Soulfy thus far)

That's all I said in my post. I never EVER said Igor wasn't a founding member. All I said was that he wasn't the main important song writer for sepultura...Thats all...nothing more nothing less BRO.....EVERYONE Already knows that he was a founding member You don't even have to listen to the band to know that, that's a known fact

Quote:
Im done with this futile argument.
Wait...were we arguing????

I thought we were just having a friendly little chat, shit I ain't arguing

Quote:
The true Sepultura will always be with the Cavaleras and Andreas Kisser, right now they're not quite a cover band, but they're cetainly nowhere near what they were.
Fixed
10/19 - D.R.I
11/10 - Judas Priest
11/14 - Slayer

Tags
sepultura