Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Cannibal Corpse -- South Burlington, VT -- July 28th, 2014
Nine Inch Nails -- Camden, NJ -- July 30th, 2014
Judas Priest -- Vorst, Belgium -- March 16th, 1991
Black Label Society -- Memphis, TN -- July 27th, 2014
Megadeth -- Milwaukee, WI -- July 19th, 2013

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 12-13-2010, 06:08 PM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

I think I'm the only one who hasn't been in the misfits at this point.
Old 12-13-2010, 07:20 PM
N00B

why would u subject yourself to all those openers? sounds like you knew about it beforehand...are you a glutton for punishment?
Chevelle/Middle Class Rut-8/27
Mineral-9/6
Joyce Manor-9/15
Uncle Acid-9/26
Old 12-13-2010, 08:35 PM
Kvlt,Grim,Frostbitten,and Grindage

[quote=evildeadjedi;322999]Oh so Dez is in the band now, that would explain the Black Flag covers.
/QUOTE]

since like 2002.
9/12-Samhain/Goatwhore
10/31-King Diamond
Old 12-13-2010, 11:14 PM
N00B

i was there too. it was a good show. the sound did suck shit though like the OP said. also, WAY too many openers. i got there at around 7ish, and still had to watch like 7 or 8 bands before the misfits. juicehead was alright, the rest were pretty mehh. the crowd was decent. the highlight of the night was when the place went ape shit during die, die my darling. also, their new drummer is awesome. i never had a problem with robo, but this guy seems to make the whole show sound better. he stays in time, and his playing is very tight. definitely an improvement for the band.
Old 12-14-2010, 03:52 AM
#Controversial

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidis138 View Post
In all fairness the Misfits w/ Jerry as the frontman are playing their right now best since Graves left. I own Project 1950 and their live performance DVD included with it is not so great. I seen them in 2009 and they were way too fast; 2010 Goat knows how to keep the proper tempo so much better this time around. Just my opinion but it's also evident with YouTube.
To say they are best since Graves left honestly isn't saying much.

I do think that their biggest problem was playing the songs too fast and sloppily, but Jerry's singing is up there too. And the fact that he's a complete dick to former members.

Mike asked him if he wanted to just hang out some time, not to perform, just to reconnect, and Jerry flat out said no. Fuck him.
Old 12-14-2010, 12:02 PM
Rats off to ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
why would u subject yourself to all those openers? sounds like you knew about it beforehand...are you a glutton for punishment?
I was talking to my friends outside the venue for the first 4 bands, then I got a good spot right up front and expected to sit through a couple more bands then the misfits would come out. Little did I know they added 2 more bands and I ddin't want to lose my spot and I kept thinking the misfits would be next.

BTW: I noticed in your sig that your seeing Ultrageist. Im suprised anyone else on here knows about them. I lol'd hard when I saw them open for Dark Tranquility.
Old 12-14-2010, 01:00 PM
Bobb O)))

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodoftheKings View Post
I was talking to my friends outside the venue for the first 4 bands, then I got a good spot right up front and expected to sit through a couple more bands then the misfits would come out. Little did I know they added 2 more bands and I ddin't want to lose my spot and I kept thinking the misfits would be next.

BTW: I noticed in your sig that your seeing Ultrageist. Im suprised anyone else on here knows about them. I lol'd hard when I saw them open for Dark Tranquility.
i know em too
10/4-Melvins
Old 12-14-2010, 01:30 PM
Rats off to ya

I saw the singer for Ultrageist at Chipotle once.

inb4 cool story bro
Old 12-14-2010, 01:45 PM
Kvlt,Grim,Frostbitten,and Grindage

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicbrian666 View Post

I do think that their biggest problem was playing the songs too fast and sloppily, but Jerry's singing is up there too. And the fact that he's a complete dick to former members.

Mike asked him if he wanted to just hang out some time, not to perform, just to reconnect, and Jerry flat out said no. Fuck him.
what a bitch! People stop going with 12 year old "punx" to this and just see Danzig already.
9/12-Samhain/Goatwhore
10/31-King Diamond
Old 12-14-2010, 02:32 PM
sheds on white

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicbrian666 View Post

Yeah Jerry's singing is also part of the problem. Jerry can sing just ok at proper tempo but when you get Robo, who plays the fuckin drums like he's running, then it sounds shit. But his voice is starting to slide downhill, which hearing it at proper tempo this tour made it evident; he needs to hire a frontman or stop or something i don't know.

And in all honesty I'd kinda have a "fuck you" attitude with former members too if they bailed on me mid-gig. I do realize it was his fault but be professional and quit after the shows over. Cut like five songs out if it's that bad, then quit.

Tags
misfits