The Quireboys -- West Hollywood, CA -- August 6th, 2014
High on Fire -- Los Angeles, CA -- August 19th, 2014
Nothing More -- Baltimore, MD -- August 18th, 2014
Boris -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- August 17th, 2014

Old 08-18-2010, 06:29 AM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgodt View Post
I actually knew that ending was coming, because the first time I overheard people talking about the movie they were asking each other if they thought the top was going to keep spinning or not. At the time I didn't know what the fuck they meant, but as soon as I figured out what the top was, then I knew how the movie was going to end.

It's fine, ya know? It's sort of a "The Lady or the Tiger" ending. You get to decide what's real. Woohoo. But beyond the gimmick, who cares? I don't get a whole lot of weight out of it, other than the "aha!"

I feel like the movie did its best NOT to get into some of the trickier territory that could've made it more compelling/weightier. Like, the idea they plant ends up being coincidentally good for the person being implanted and also for the whole world -- hooray! -- so we don't have to even think, really, about the ethics of "inception" or the problems with having literally mind-altering tech in the hands of the richest and most powerful.

That's the kind of questions that Dollhouse dealt with until it got canceled. But you know, that's Joss Whedon's thing -- what's the biggest issue we can tackle with this? then let's go for that! I feel like the Inception producers had a chance for that, but they backed away, so that they would have more time to recreate the Hoth ice planet battle scene from Empire Strikes Back.
Couldn't agree more. Inception could have been the movie some claim it is but it chose to stay safe. It was almost too predictable. I remember seeing the scenes from the trailer and thinking, ok that's what that was about and when the ice scene started I remember looking at my watch.

Still only seen it once but I stand by my initial reaction. Shutter Island > Inception.
Old 10-20-2010, 06:36 AM
We're dying on the inside

DVD release set for December 7th. I'll be in Best Buy. http://www.amazon.com/Inception-Leon...7585333&sr=1-2
Old 10-20-2010, 07:25 AM
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks

I hate that Inception and How To Train Your Dragon stayed in theaters so long. Then we have to wait forever for the DVDs.
Old 10-20-2010, 07:55 AM
We're dying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerslave_85 View Post
I hate that Inception and How To Train Your Dragon stayed in theaters so long. Then we have to wait forever for the DVDs.
Eh, I'm pretty okay with letting good movies dominate the box office so studios will be encouraged to make more of them.
Old 11-12-2010, 10:38 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Finally saw it tonight

The ending was bullshit and Christopher Nolan needs a slap across the face for getting everyones hopes up like that. We barely let you get away with one downer ending on Dark Knight you dickcheese.

But that aside, good movie.

Last edited by JRA; 11-13-2010 at 05:58 AM.
Old 11-13-2010, 10:09 AM
Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the lightsaber.

I really wish there was a coupon code for money off pre-orders from the Warner Bros site. The collector's blu-ray set is nice but, not 49.99 nice.
Old 11-13-2010, 09:32 PM
cool babies, strange but not a stranger

I was also in the "impressed but not mindfucked" category. The beginning was the hardest part to follow, as the movie went on all the pieces come together naturally, nothing was a surprise to me really. I thought the movie had a good idea behind it, but it was wasted on these lame characters and shitty plot. What Inception needs is for someone to make a good videogame for it that has a completely original story from the movie.
Old 12-10-2010, 10:18 AM
Banned Asshole

Good movie, a little over rated and compilcated though.
Old 12-11-2010, 05:07 PM
Pursue happiness with diligence

I saw this yesterday and I followed it perfectly fine. Don't know what everyone was bitching about.
Old 12-11-2010, 06:06 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Yea everyone says how much of a mindfuck it was and I wasn't blown away in that regard at all.