Coheed and Cambria -- Boston, MA -- September 28th, 2014
Vixen -- Madrid, Spain -- September 27th, 2014
Crowbar -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- September 28th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 12-05-2010, 07:57 PM
Pursue happiness with diligence

Quote:
Originally Posted by SplinterMech View Post
Then do something about it. De-railing a thread about a specific show with your own preachy opinion (and this applies to anyone else for that matter) isn't going change anything. You should go to their shows and protest or something, then see what the fuck happens. This thread is about the Atlanta show, it's setlist, and people's experiences whilst there. Leave the criticism for a forum that actually warrants it.
This is merely an exchange of ideas on a topic related to the original post. Assuming I read this correctly and the discussion is about the ethics of Watain's live show and not about last week's dinner, I don't see how this is bothersome. It isn't necessarily the type of discussion where we attempt to prove one another wrong, we merely exchange ideas and try to understand both sides. If any truth is gleaned throughout this discussion, that's fantastic.

If you can't suck it up, maybe the internet isn't for you.

Old 12-05-2010, 08:01 PM
Exit quickly or feel the sting of the pimp hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzbang11 View Post
Sorry manks and Brad, and whoever else is saying they don't kill animals, they do. No always, but it's more like an improvised thing. If they don't have anything dead, they kill something. If they see a dead thing, they take it. They talk all the time about animal sacrifice n shit, and they got in a huge shitstorm in Canada awhile back for killing pigeons for a show, they had previously attempted to acquire a homeless guys dog but that fell through.
THAT SAID. Actually, being a vegetarian and generally valuing animals more than the average person, I don't agree with any of it, but it is better than dog fighting. It's bullshit to kill something for your stupid concert, but saying that's on par with torturing animals for sport just doesn't work.
Right. The stuff about killing pigeons and trying to get the homeless dog to kill, that's straight from the singer's mouth. I also read that they've done things like back a cat into a corner and beat it to death.

I mentioned dogfighting to make a point about how simplistic the "if you don't like it don't go" comment is, not to establish a precise equivalent. But really, if we're splitting hairs about which kind of killing and mutilating animals is okay... isn't that sorta not okay?

Look. If you're not convinced, you're not convinced. People get behind a lot of shit that doesn't make any sense to me.
Old 12-05-2010, 08:28 PM
Sworn

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrinkwine732 View Post
This is merely an exchange of ideas on a topic related to the original post. Assuming I read this correctly and the discussion is about the ethics of Watain's live show and not about last week's dinner, I don't see how this is bothersome. It isn't necessarily the type of discussion where we attempt to prove one another wrong, we merely exchange ideas and try to understand both sides. If any truth is gleaned throughout this discussion, that's fantastic.

If you can't suck it up, maybe the internet isn't for you.

It's not a matter of sucking it up, as I'm not necessarily offended by anything that's been said about the band or the disagreement with certain aspects of their live show. To disagree with the band's actions or dislike them because of said actions is one thing, but when you start calling their fans or people who adhere to similar belief systems as "clowns" or "fucking idiots", without necessarily having any real understanding of what it is they believe in or why, then it becomes personal. In the end, it's no real skin off my back as there are far more important things than some irrelevant internet argument to focus my time and attention on, but at some point I feel obligated to stick up for the fan base I am proudly a part of. Obviously no one is going to change anyone else's opinion on the matter of animal sacrifice/killing, though; as zgodt has just stated, "If you're not convinced, you're not convinced."

Last edited by SplinterMech; 12-05-2010 at 08:30 PM.
Old 12-06-2010, 02:40 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by SplinterMech View Post
It's not a matter of sucking it up, as I'm not necessarily offended by anything that's been said about the band or the disagreement with certain aspects of their live show. To disagree with the band's actions or dislike them because of said actions is one thing, but when you start calling their fans or people who adhere to similar belief systems as "clowns" or "fucking idiots", without necessarily having any real understanding of what it is they believe in or why, then it becomes personal. In the end, it's no real skin off my back as there are far more important things than some irrelevant internet argument to focus my time and attention on, but at some point I feel obligated to stick up for the fan base I am proudly a part of. Obviously no one is going to change anyone else's opinion on the matter of animal sacrifice/killing, though; as zgodt has just stated, "If you're not convinced, you're not convinced."
They are fucking idiots. It has nothing to do with what they believe in.

Question: how many times have you encountered them personally, or how many people do you know who have?
Old 12-07-2010, 11:16 AM
N00B

Who the hell started saying they kill the animals? Fucking morons, mostly the zgot whatever guy. Watain DO NOT kill the animals. They either A: PURCHASE the animal heads and blood or B: Pick up roadkill. Nothing else. I know this for a fucking fact, so don't argue. Morons.

And Eric is a cool guy, I've talked with him in person several times. Just don't act like a douche bag, just treat him like a regular guy. He's one of of those people that don't like to be mobbed or looked at like a rockstar.
Old 12-07-2010, 11:50 AM
Exit quickly or feel the sting of the pimp hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heiden View Post
Who the hell started saying they kill the animals? Fucking morons, mostly the zgot whatever guy. Watain DO NOT kill the animals. They either A: PURCHASE the animal heads and blood or B: Pick up roadkill. Nothing else. I know this for a fucking fact, so don't argue. Morons.

And Eric is a cool guy, I've talked with him in person several times. Just don't act like a douche bag, just treat him like a regular guy. He's one of of those people that don't like to be mobbed or looked at like a rockstar.
You know it for a fact?

Here's an interview with Eric where he describes how they tried to get some homeless dude's dog to kill for their show, and when that didn't work, hunted pigeons in Montreal with slingshots.

http://www.metalkult.com/videos/watain2008/

You're the fucking moron.
Old 12-07-2010, 11:55 AM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

you guys just aren't kvlt enough
10/05 - Macabre
10/07 - Knuckle Puck
Old 12-07-2010, 02:36 PM
We're dying on the inside

Okay, let me throw in a small confession to this debate: Part of me is still a weird, outcasted thirteen year-old getting into metal and loving dark imagery, and Watain's show/image/belief system is cool to me, and I'm pretty willing to forgive certain transgressions. Much more so than, say, NSBM bands.
Old 12-07-2010, 02:43 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heiden View Post

This isn't even worth googling a cool story bro picture.
Old 12-07-2010, 04:31 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
Okay, let me throw in a small confession to this debate: Part of me is still a weird, outcasted thirteen year-old getting into metal and loving dark imagery, and Watain's show/image/belief system is cool to me, and I'm pretty willing to forgive certain transgressions. Much more so than, say, NSBM bands.
Arghoslent scoffs at you!
10/05 - Macabre
10/07 - Knuckle Puck

Tags
black anvil, goatwhore, watain