Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Head Wound City -- Los Angeles, CA -- September 21st, 2014
After The Burial -- Flint, MI -- September 20th, 2014
Periphery -- Lansing, MI -- September 19th, 2014
Otherwise -- Sturtevant, WI -- September 19th, 2014
Eluveitie -- Baltimore, MD -- September 19th, 2014

  #21  
Old 12-07-2010, 09:41 AM
treghet's Avatar
treghet treghet is offline
Altars of Radness
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 5,851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_to_the_face View Post
I don't care what anyone says, LOG is not metalcore, and I never thought of Unearth as metalcore either
Lamb of God is groove metal, but their earlier material has a lot more metalcore influence. As for Unearth, I would definitely categorize them in metalcore, although not the bad type of metalcore.
__________________
9.28 Sadistic Intent / Morbid Saint
10.20 Raven
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 12-07-2010, 11:01 AM
SomewhereInTime72's Avatar
SomewhereInTime72 SomewhereInTime72 is offline
HEY! LISTEN!
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: BKLYN NY
Posts: 12,968
This is pretty damn awesome.
__________________
"So yeah, monkey prostitution has happened."
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 12-07-2010, 11:41 AM
makethemsuffer12's Avatar
makethemsuffer12 makethemsuffer12 is offline
welp
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Long Island
Posts: 4,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_to_the_face View Post
I don't care what anyone says, LOG is not metalcore, and I never thought of Unearth as metalcore either
LOG is debatable, but Unearth is without a doubt metalcore. Metal riffs + hardcore influenced breakdowns = metalcore. Not every kind of metalcore is "dress like scene kids, screamed verses/melodic choruses, gay synths" metalcore.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 12-07-2010, 12:47 PM
Nick_to_the_face's Avatar
Nick_to_the_face Nick_to_the_face is offline
The best part of waking up, is Satan in your cup
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 1,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by treghet View Post
Lamb of God is groove metal, but their earlier material has a lot more metalcore influence. As for Unearth, I would definitely categorize them in metalcore, although not the bad type of metalcore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by makethemsuffer12 View Post
LOG is debatable, but Unearth is without a doubt metalcore. Metal riffs + hardcore influenced breakdowns = metalcore. Not every kind of metalcore is "dress like scene kids, screamed verses/melodic choruses, gay synths" metalcore.
Old LOG i can see, like their BTP shit..and I guess Unearth is, i just always think of the bad metalcore whenever i think of Metalcore..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:29 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008