Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

King Crimson -- Boston, MA -- September 15th, 2014
Overkill -- West Springfield, VA -- September 11th, 2014
ProgPower USA Kick-Off -- Atlanta, GA -- September 11th, 2014
ProgPower USA XV Day 2 -- Atlanta, GA -- September 13th, 2014
ProgPower USA XV Day 1 -- Atlanta, GA -- September 12th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Misinformation and Propaganda

Old 12-04-2010, 12:51 PM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

"Blunt Force Trauma" by Cavalera Conspiracy to be released in March 2011

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...sitemID=150369

"Revolver: A few years ago, you reunited with [your brother and former SEPULTURA bandmate] Igor to form the CAVALERA CONSPIRACY. You two have a new album, "Blunt Force Trauma", coming out in March. Is it as straightforward as the last album?

Max: Yeah, it's even more. Marc [Rizzo, guitar] was saying, "Some of this shit sounds like CANNIBAL CORPSE." Igor's playing really good. His playing reminds me of when he was in SEPULTURA, top form. Like in "Arise" or "Beneath the Remains", and he was going super-fast and just killer energy from the drums. We wanted to make shorter songs, so a lot of the songs are a-minute-and-a-half or two-minutes long and kind of feel like "Raining Blood" a little bit when you listen to them, which is also different for us. We had one guest song with Roger [Miret] from AGNOSTIC FRONT. He sings in a song called "Lynch Mob" I think he's probably my favorite vocalist out of the whole New York hardcore era."

Songs that are a minute and half that reminisce the old days of "Reign in blood"?...hmmm you don't say

Max also responds to Sepultura performing "Arise" in its entirety with a some what "truthful" attack.

Revolver: SEPULTURA in their current lineup recently announced they'd be playing the album "Arise" in its entirety. But weren't you the primary writer for SEPULTURA around then?

Max: At home I did the same style of writing I do with SOULFLY. I give credit to the guys. Igor came up with a lot of the original beats, like to "Territory". As we got better, he played better. The only musician that didn't improve much at the time was Paulo [Jr., bass]. I think the first album he recorded for was "Roots". Everything else was me and Andreas [Kisser, guitar] doing the bass because he couldn't really play that good. But we were friends, so we were like, "Yeah you can stay in the band, we won't kick you out. When we play, we'll just turn you really down so nobody hears."

I really don't know what to say to this other then that I have lost all respect in Paolo Jr. Whether he had good skills on the bass or not, the fact of the matter is the bass lines contributed in the early albums is what made him scene as an "original" member. So You're telling me that he just kicked back and relaxed while max and Andreas where recording and doing all the Bass parts? Fuck that

I guess the only Member "Truly" left in the current line up is just Andreas...

This really sucks... I don't really see Paolo anymore as part of the band but more along the lines of "that guy that jumped on the bandwagon during the bands success and max's departure"...sad to say

But I am looking forward to hearing this new Cavalera Conspiracy album
11/14 - Slayer
Old 12-04-2010, 01:29 PM
Regretting my username

Are you a Sepultura fan?
Old 12-04-2010, 02:15 PM
sheds on white

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepultura69 View Post
This really sucks... I don't really see Paolo anymore as part of the band but more along the lines of "that guy that jumped on the bandwagon during the bands success and max's departure"...sad to say
Dude have you seen any of Sep's studio updates? In the first one Paulo never shows up, in the second he's there but his shit keeps breaking down so they don't really get anything done. Andreas gets fuckin mad at the end of that one. Seems bad
Old 12-05-2010, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenofSodom View Post
Are you a Sepultura fan?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1lVSWaafec

"Hey You over there, I know about your kind
You're like the Independent Network News on Channel 9
Everywhere that you go, no matter where you are at
I said you talk about this, and you talk about that
When the cat took your tongue, I say you took it right back
Your mouth is so big, one bite would kill a Big Mac

YOU TALK TOO MUCH
" - Run DMC
11/14 - Slayer
Old 12-05-2010, 09:58 AM
Kvlt,Grim,Frostbitten,and Grindage

i loved the first CC,this will be great. Too bad i didnt catch em on there first tour cause most likely half wouldve been sepultura
10/31-King Diamond
Old 12-05-2010, 09:06 PM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

Not trying to hate b/c I am a Cavalera supporter but I could have sworn he used the same quote "We wanted to make shorter songs, so a lot of the songs are a-minute-and-a-half or two-minutes long and kind of feel like "Raining Blood" a little bit when you listen to them, which is also different for us".

I could have sworn he used that same exact quote when he was hyping up Omen. I didn't exactly care for Omen for the most part. I'm hoping that CC might be a step up from Omen. But the "Raining Blood" comment seems very familar. Maybe it was from reading press for CC, didn't know if anyone else saw this or I'm delusional...or both?
Old 12-05-2010, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300%_Density View Post
Not trying to hate b/c I am a Cavalera supporter but I could have sworn he used the same quote "We wanted to make shorter songs, so a lot of the songs are a-minute-and-a-half or two-minutes long and kind of feel like "Raining Blood" a little bit when you listen to them, which is also different for us".

I could have sworn he used that same exact quote when he was hyping up Omen. I didn't exactly care for Omen for the most part. I'm hoping that CC might be a step up from Omen. But the "Raining Blood" comment seems very familar. Maybe it was from reading press for CC, didn't know if anyone else saw this or I'm delusional...or both?
I don't know about the "Raining Blood" Comment for Omen but I do remember Max goin on and on about how Omen was suppose to be "Dark, brutal" and all that good stuff but it turned out to be just another shitty lame Nu Metal Infested Tribal Pop Jam(I haven't checked out the album but when I saw Soulfly perform the songs in concert just the other week, I found the tunes to be quite boring, Poppy and just plain bad....but the soulfly fans where eating it all up..)
11/14 - Slayer

Last edited by Sepultura69; 12-05-2010 at 09:23 PM.