Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Pig Destroyer -- Philadelphia, PA -- December 20th, 2014
Battlecross -- Westland, MI -- December 20th, 2014
Sadistic Intent -- Downey, CA -- December 21st, 2013
Thy Art Is Murder -- Sydney, Australia -- December 19th, 2014
Intronaut -- West Hollywood, CA -- December 19th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 12-05-2010, 07:03 AM
Exit quickly or feel the sting of the pimp hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SplinterMech View Post
This thread is pretty amusing. I'm not quite sure what all the arguing is about. Watain present something that is at the other side of the spectrum spiritually/ideologically than what some of you believe? You don't support the killing of animals or the use of blood at their shows? They beat up some idiot who got in their way at a show? I'm not a certified genius or anything, but I think the conclusion is that, if you don't like or support the band, either don't buy their albums or don't go to their shows. Seems pretty simple to me, but, hey, what do I know, right?
Indeed, I won't buy their albums or go to their shows. But that's still a little simplistic, right? Suppose someone is running an dog-fighting ring in your neighborhood; is it enough just to say "if you don't like it don't go"? Animal cruelty is unethical and criminal, not just a matter of taste.
Old 12-05-2010, 09:09 AM
Fairies wear boots and ya gotta believe me.

You guys don't think they actually kill all the dead animals that are on stage do you?
Old 12-05-2010, 09:11 AM
and you can never quarantine the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by daimonos View Post
You guys don't think they actually kill all the dead animals that are on stage do you?
I mean, again I wouldn't be surprised if they actually did, but yeah, I doubt that they do the killing.
Old 12-05-2010, 09:14 AM
::Metal Nerd::

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgodt View Post
Indeed, I won't buy their albums or go to their shows. But that's still a little simplistic, right? Suppose someone is running an dog-fighting ring in your neighborhood; is it enough just to say "if you don't like it don't go"? Animal cruelty is unethical and criminal, not just a matter of taste.
i love their albums and shows and even if they do kill the animals so what? they're just animals. i'm not into the ritual but if thats their thing then let them be
1/17 Schism
1/21 W13
1/25 Machine Head
1/29 Napalm Death
Old 12-05-2010, 09:16 AM
We're dying on the inside

My standards for what constitutes animal cruelty doesn't let me get sad about the swift killing of an unendangered species, sorry. As far as we know, they don't torture them, making this a horse of a totally different color from dogfighting.
Old 12-05-2010, 10:42 AM
Sworn

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgodt View Post
Then do something about it. De-railing a thread about a specific show with your own preachy opinion (and this applies to anyone else for that matter) isn't going change anything. You should go to their shows and protest or something, then see what the fuck happens. This thread is about the Atlanta show, it's setlist, and people's experiences whilst there. Leave the criticism for a forum that actually warrants it.
Old 12-05-2010, 10:46 AM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

they pick up roadkill
Old 12-05-2010, 11:24 AM
We're dying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
they pick up roadkill
Actually, I have read that. That negates any possibility of criminality.
Old 12-05-2010, 02:46 PM
I'm the ghoul of the medical profession

Sorry manks and Brad, and whoever else is saying they don't kill animals, they do. No always, but it's more like an improvised thing. If they don't have anything dead, they kill something. If they see a dead thing, they take it. They talk all the time about animal sacrifice n shit, and they got in a huge shitstorm in Canada awhile back for killing pigeons for a show, they had previously attempted to acquire a homeless guys dog but that fell through.
THAT SAID. Actually, being a vegetarian and generally valuing animals more than the average person, I don't agree with any of it, but it is better than dog fighting. It's bullshit to kill something for your stupid concert, but saying that's on par with torturing animals for sport just doesn't work.
Old 12-05-2010, 08:51 PM
Exit quickly or feel the sting of the pimp hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SplinterMech View Post
Then do something about it. De-railing a thread about a specific show with your own preachy opinion (and this applies to anyone else for that matter) isn't going change anything. You should go to their shows and protest or something, then see what the fuck happens. This thread is about the Atlanta show, it's setlist, and people's experiences whilst there. Leave the criticism for a forum that actually warrants it.
Oh please. "De-railing a thread"?

Tags
black anvil, goatwhore, watain