Otherwise -- Sturtevant, WI -- September 19, 2014
Eluveitie -- Baltimore, MD -- September 19th, 2014
Riot Fest -- Denver, CO -- September 19th, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- September 18th, 2014
Puya -- Washington, D.C. -- September 17th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 11-29-2010, 10:16 AM
N00B

I think they rotate breaks when kirk/rob do the odd solo/doodle. Also lars could squeeze out a shit at the start of nothing else matters lol.
Old 11-29-2010, 02:56 PM
#Controversial

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysadler2 View Post
I think they rotate breaks when kirk/rob do the odd solo/doodle. Also lars could squeeze out a shit at the start of nothing else matters lol.
They don't mean the band is taking breaks, they mean they (the audience member) takes a break during a song they don't care about.
Old 11-29-2010, 10:17 PM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkguardian50 View Post
100% agree. Who takes breaks during a normal length concert. Hold it, don't be a sissy.
1. I only took 4-5 breaks and This was the first time I ever took breaks at a concert(more importantly for a band that I came to see and watch)

2. I can let this slide since this was my 5th time seeing Metallica

To add what I was just saying earlier, not only was it my 5th time but this was my first time seeing them with shitty Nosebleeds(every other time has been pit floor) and it was hot as hell up there! Holy hell...Humid as fuck!!! And it didn't help that people right next to us and all around us where lighting cigarettes and weed, making the place even more sweaty and claustrophobic...I wish they could have kept that shit outside or something

4.I only took like one piss break the other times I just went out to catch a breather or smoke a cigarette

5.Opinions are opinions...If you don't like it then take it somewhere else. I don't like Death Magnetic...End of story... The only song I like is Unforgiven III and My apocolypes..nothing more nothing less.....The only time I went out to catch a breather was during the god awful "broken beat, scarred" "The Day That never Comes" "The judas kiss" and a couple a others...But I sure as hell didn't go take a break when they played "Shortest Straw" "Battery" and many other classics...

But thats good to know you don't take breaks during shows man and that you're not a sissy. More power to you
11/14 - Slayer

Last edited by Sepultura69; 11-29-2010 at 10:20 PM.
Old 11-29-2010, 10:59 PM
Homebrewing Metalhead

Quote:
5.Opinions are opinions...If you don't like it then take it somewhere else. I don't like Death Magnetic...End of story... The only song I like is Unforgiven III and My apocolypes..nothing more nothing less.....The only time I went out to catch a breather was during the god awful "broken beat, scarred" "The Day That never Comes" "The judas kiss" and a couple a others...But I sure as hell didn't go take a break when they played "Shortest Straw" "Battery" and many other classics...

But thats good to know you don't take breaks during shows man and that you're not a sissy. More power to you
Woah there buddy, I was just kidding.

I hate Broke Beat and Scarred (if I were to take a piss break during the last Metallica show I saw..that would have been it). Kinda wish we had gotten Judas Kiss. But Death Magnetic is largely a great disc I think. At least I thought it much better than the latest Megadeth effort. All Nightmare Long I would put in my top 20 of Metallica songs its that good. There are some other good songs on DM but that song in particular is fantastic (and a hell of alot of fun live I might add!).

We miss you Ronnie...
Old 11-30-2010, 06:33 AM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkguardian50 View Post
Woah there buddy, I was just kidding.

I hate Broke Beat and Scarred (if I were to take a piss break during the last Metallica show I saw..that would have been it). Kinda wish we had gotten Judas Kiss. But Death Magnetic is largely a great disc I think. At least I thought it much better than the latest Megadeth effort. All Nightmare Long I would put in my top 20 of Metallica songs its that good. There are some other good songs on DM but that song in particular is fantastic (and a hell of alot of fun live I might add!).
I would love to hear Unforgiven III live. I am interested in seeing how it would sound in concert. All the other songs sound almost identical to the album version when they play it in concert.
11/14 - Slayer
Old 12-01-2010, 01:26 AM
N00B

oh right, yeah i understand that....i only rarely take breaks during a concert cos of the amount of money tickets cost nowadays, but i normally have to take a leak with all the beer i drink which is a pain....altho recently i've been pissing in discarded bottles or cups lol
Old 12-01-2010, 11:14 AM
" Amps on Ten, Ears are Bleeding "

Good Set list! Hopefully they do the big four and play Ride in it's entirety!

Tags
metallica