Tankcrimes Brainsqueeze 2 -- Oakland, CA -- April 18th, 2014
Unearth -- Pontiac, MI -- April 17th, 2014
Wayne Static -- Birmingham, AL -- April 17th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 11-27-2010, 10:13 AM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derelict View Post
As to "with Greg" - was the singer from Dillinger there? He sings on the studio version of that song
Yup he was there. Max braught him out to do the song near the end of the set... The singer of "Excell" showed up aswell and did a song.
5/11 - Saint Vitus
Old 11-27-2010, 10:16 AM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derelict View Post
As to "with Greg" - was the singer from Dillinger there? He sings on the studio version of that song
Yes.
Old 11-27-2010, 01:10 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepultura69 View Post
Go dude. You'll have a great time. I HATE SOULFLY. I just went for 2 reasons

1.Max Cavalera is God
2.Wanted to headbang and go crazy to some good ol' fashioned sepultura tunes....

HELL I didn't know one song they where playing off there soulfly catalog(I serioulsy tried my best to get into this band back in my early days in highschool and attempted again this year...no luck )

But I gotta say When Max busted out the Sep tunes I WENT FUCKIN' BALLISTICS.

The best part of the night was during "Troops of Doom" the band stopped playing in the middle of the song, everyone in the circle pit stops moshing and just stands still.... right when they go into the best part of the song I run into the pit in the dead center, jump as high as I can in the air and kick my feet up as high as i ever could and the moment both my feet lands and touches the ground....BOOM everyone goes ape shit and the moshpit starts once again...it was just so epic...Its like my jumping and the song commanded the pit to go back into its violent frenzies!!!! ok i'll shut up now...go to the show blitzkrieg, it was totally worth the 30 bucks I paid

EDIT: Max has really let himself go big time. Not trying to talk shit but that guy got pretty fuckin' fatt.....and holy hell was he high to the sky. Maxs eyes where pretty much closed shut the entire night...goddamn stoner
You should try and check out "Dark Ages" and "Conquer" if you haven't already. I was never a big fan of Soulfly until those 2 albums. Those are more thrash metal than their early nu-metal albums.
I'm still waiting on the day the classic Sepultura gets back together. It's been long overdue.
Old 11-27-2010, 01:13 PM
Headbanger

Review: http://metalassault.com/Live_Reviews/112610_Soulfly.php
Old 11-27-2010, 01:17 PM
That Guy

Cool to see Igor was apart of the show. Awesome setlist as well.
Old 11-27-2010, 03:09 PM
Play it loud, don't play it low

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepultura69 View Post
Go dude. You'll have a great time. I HATE SOULFLY. I just went for 2 reasons

1.Max Cavalera is God
2.Wanted to headbang and go crazy to some good ol' fashioned sepultura tunes....

HELL I didn't know one song they where playing off there soulfly catalog(I serioulsy tried my best to get into this band back in my early days in highschool and attempted again this year...no luck )

But I gotta say When Max busted out the Sep tunes I WENT FUCKIN' BALLISTICS.

The best part of the night was during "Troops of Doom" the band stopped playing in the middle of the song, everyone in the circle pit stops moshing and just stands still.... right when they go into the best part of the song I run into the pit in the dead center, jump as high as I can in the air and kick my feet up as high as i ever could and the moment both my feet lands and touches the ground....BOOM everyone goes ape shit and the moshpit starts once again...it was just so epic...Its like my jumping and the song commanded the pit to go back into its violent frenzies!!!! ok i'll shut up now...go to the show blitzkrieg, it was totally worth the 30 bucks I paid

EDIT: Max has really let himself go big time. Not trying to talk shit but that guy got pretty fuckin' fatt.....and holy hell was he high to the sky. Maxs eyes where pretty much closed shut the entire night...goddamn stoner
I like Back to the Primitive and Prophecy. Don't know much Soulfly other than those two. I've seen Sepultura 4 times. Two times with Max and two times with Derrick Green. I met Paulo and Andreas before a show once. Andreas talked to me and my friend for about 15 minutes. Very cool guys.

Tags
soulfly