Black Sabbath -- Ottawa, ON -- April 13th, 2014
Nile -- Baltimore, MD -- April 15th, 2014
Within Temptation -- Newcastle, England -- April 14th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 11-23-2010, 02:26 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
Interesting story, but honestly, I think that's a pretty silly reason to abruptly change the style of music you play. Kind of makes it seem like you're just doing what's cool or what you feel like doing at that moment.
True. Maybe the band was thinking about the change before that but I know Dime's death was what made them decide to change. It was the better decision musically though since it got them noticed more. They're a Jager band now and usually get a spot on that stage at a few of the Mayhem fests every year. So whatever the reasons really were it worked out better for them.

A friend of mine who was friends with the band also hung out with them and Dimebag that night. He told me that knowing they were among the last to share the stage, hang out and party with Dime before he died had a very deep impact on the band. I understand that completely and get why the change was made.
Old 11-23-2010, 05:01 PM
Not a number, I'm a free man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indestructible View Post
I like Stemm better than all thoughs bands. Alter Bridge is better than HNWY. HNWY is better than Bodom,Slipknot and Rob Zombie
Blood Scent by Stemm is better than anything slipknot has done and is better than Rob Zombie solo.

Stemm and Yesterday suck hard, bro.
5/21 - Primus
6/28 - Iron Maiden - Bergen, Norway
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
Old 11-23-2010, 05:23 PM
"Never wanted your approval, never wanted your acceptance. Never wanted to be anything but me" LOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrritatedTrout View Post
Stemm and Yesterday suck hard, bro.
They do not.
Old 11-23-2010, 05:24 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indestructible View Post
They do not.
Do 2.
Old 11-23-2010, 06:17 PM
Rats off to ya

I dont think those bands are that great either but they are part of his local metal scene, and even if it sucks I respect it when people try to get the word out about little known bands.
Old 11-23-2010, 06:20 PM
We're dying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodoftheKings View Post
I dont think those bands are that great either but they are part of his local metal scene, and even if it sucks I respect it when people try to get the word out about little known bands.
You know, I've never understood this. Why do I have to like shitty bands because they're from the same place I'm from? Every scene seems to have this "SUPPORT LOCAL MUSIC" ethic where everyone is equal, and that's just not how it is.

I'm sure if Indestructible dug a little deeper, there's some good Buffalo bands. You don't have to like something that you wouldn't like if it was from somewhere else just because it's local. (Not the case with him, I know; he eats this shit up.)
Old 11-23-2010, 06:21 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
You know, I've never understood this. Why do I have to like shitty bands because they're from the same place I'm from? Every scene seems to have this "SUPPORT LOCAL MUSIC" ethic where everyone is equal, and that's just not how it is.

I'm sure if Indestructible dug a little deeper, there's some good Buffalo bands. You don't have to like something that you wouldn't like if it was from somewhere else just because it's local. (Not the case with him, I know; he eats this shit up.)
You think it's annoying as a listener? Try having to deal with this set of attitudes/ethics as a member of a band.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:11 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:

I never understood that idea either. I don't like Stemm or HNMY because they're from here nor do I think I have to like them at all. I just happen to think they got some decent material and that's it. A few people I know who are on the street team of Stemm invited me to one of their shows with HNMY two years ago and I dug both bands. I don't listen to them a ton nor do I go to see every show they play around here because that would get boring quickly. I saw them a few times each on their last touring cycle and i'll probably see them a few times this go around and that'll be it.

The reason a lot of metal fans in the region know who they are is because they're the only two metal bands to make any kind of buzz around the local scene in a very long time.

I had no idea this thread was gonna spawn this long of a discussion
Old 11-23-2010, 07:23 PM
Not a number, I'm a free man

Quote:

Agree 100%. I support good bands, not local bands. I've only ever seen like 1 local band that was worth a shit.
5/21 - Primus
6/28 - Iron Maiden - Bergen, Norway
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
Old 11-23-2010, 07:28 PM
We're dying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrritatedTrout View Post
Agree 100%. I support good bands, not local bands. I've only ever seen like 1 local band that was worth a shit.
Dayton has a TON of local bands I like and actually actively listen to at home; Bloomington has been mostly disappointing in that regard.

Tags
his name was yesterday, stemm