-Jack Owen
10/1 - Priest
10/18 - Immolation/Nunslaughter
10/19 - THE KING
11/18 - Manowar
Old 11-18-2010, 04:22 PM
PAAAAAAANTURRRUUUHHHHHH!! !!!!

Nice:
Exodus - My band played with them a couple of years ago and we let them use our equipment. We were all on stage showing them our stuff and just shooting the shit. Really nice guys, especially Tom Hunting, he was standing stage side watching me and came up to me right when we finished to tell me how awesome I was

Keep of Kalessin - Just met them last week at Nile. The singer and bassist went to the merch booth right away and were very cool down to earth guys.

Jeff Loomis - All around nice guy. He showed up to one of my bands shows and I didn't recognize him, but he kept saying hi to me and said "good job *thumbs up*" after our set, very sweet guy.

dammit... there are a ton more I've met but they have all left my mind right now.

I have not met any really dickish bands yet, but one band that I do not like now due to one member is Blackguard. I saw them on their first US tour, very nice guys, thankful for my girlfriend at the time and I for coming out, hung out after the show... totally cool. UNTIL one of them kept flirting with my girlfriend, eventually sending her an email saying how much he loves her and wants to be with her forever... yeah.

- Funeral Age
facebook.com/funeralageofficial
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 11-19-2010, 08:10 AM
slave to the grind

About 7 years ago when Maiden toured with Dio and Motorhead, a buddy of mine scored VIP passes which turned out to be fakes. We somehow got into the VIP lounge anyway. We wound up hanging out with Jimmy Bain and Simon Wright from Dio all night, they were awesome! After the bar closed, they kept going into the dressing room and coming back with beers so we could keep drinking. Also met Janick Gers and Dave Murray, they were nice to me but I think they were arguing with each other at the time so I steered clear after they signed my cd. Out of everyone I met that night though, Adrian Smith was the coolest. He had a drink with me at the bar and stopped security from throwing me out when they figured out my pass wasn't valid. Great guy, made me love my favorite band even more.

It seems everyone has had bad experiences with Dave Mustaine, but he was really nice to me and some friends when he probably shouldn't have been. We were at a Phoenix Coyotes game about 8-9 years ago and wound up sitting a few rows behind him. We got to our seats late, so he was already seated and we couldn't tell if it was him or not. We were all pretty drunk and started singing Megadeth songs loud enough for him to hear us, just to see if we could get his attention. He kinda half turned his head and waved, so we stopped. During the intermission he came up and introduced himself and chatted for a bit. I thought he was really nice.

I've met many, many musicians over the years and the vast majority of them are really nice people. Max Cavalera used to come into my friend's record store all the time and hang out and talk about old crust bands. Ross from Immolation remembers me everytime they come through Phoenix, as do the guys from Suffocation. Terrence had drinks with me and my friend at their last show here and also once wore my old band's shirt onstage at some huge festival.

I'd have to say the only guy I've met that was a jerk was Mike Ammott from Arch Enemy/Carcass. This was years ago, long before the Carcass reunion, when Arch Enemy were on their first headline tour of the US. They played at the now defunct Mason Jar with Hate Eternal and the Black Dahlia Murder. After the show we were drinking at the dive bar next door. When we went outside, we saw Angela Gossow, Sharlee D'Angelo, and Mike Ammott out back with a few other people. I had met Sharlee before so I started talking to him. He was always really nice, as was Angela. Mike kinda stayed away and didn't talk much. My friend is a guitarist, so naturally he wanted to talk to Mike, but he was being kind of a dick. When we were getting ready to leave, my friend posed for a picture with Mike and Angela, but Mike covered his face and stormed off after my friend showed him his Heartwork tattoo. Total jerk. I've heard too many stories about this guy for it to be an isolated incident. One of the bands on Carcass's US tour said they were all nice except Mike, who stayed on his bus the whole time and wouldn't talk to anyone.
Old 11-19-2010, 09:10 AM
The best part of waking up, is Satan in your cup

Looking at some of these, it's disappointing to read that some of your favorite artists can be dicks, like Dani Filth...oh well
Old 11-20-2010, 08:34 PM
Homebrewing Metalhead

Haven't really met any dick's either. Actually. Michael Romeo from Symphony X was about the closest but he wasn't a dick, he was just quiet. Russell Allen is an awesome guy, kinda intimidating cause he's fucking huge. And when I saw Therion I was talking guitar stuff with a guy at the merch booth who turned out to be Kristian Nemian, he came out early and sat at the merch table just practicing and watching the opening acts, which right there says alot about how awesome he is. Really cool guy. I got a signed album from Christoffer from Therion. Tryin to think who else. All the guys from TSO (I've met Chris numerous times and he is just such a awesome guy) and I talked for a bit with Alex Skolnick about his stuff in TSO and his legendary work with Testament. Awesome guy. Alot of the guest singers from TSO were extremely cool, notably the now deceased Diamond Darrel. What a voice that dude had and he was incredibly nice, and funny.

Oh a few others, Marcus from Blind Guardian I met briefly before the BG show at the Jaxx, very nice guy. He made a crack about Andre hiding in the bus which I thought was pretty funny. Angela Gossow, I came up to her after the show and said how impressed I was with their music, having never heard them before. She seemed genuinely appreciative to have gotten a new fan. Only briefly met Portnoy and Satriani but both seemed like nice guys, they were laughing and joking around with fans, which is always a good sign. I think thats about it for me.

We miss you Ronnie...
Old 11-20-2010, 11:51 PM
We're dying on the inside

I'll add Grace Perry of Landmine Marathon to my "who's nice" list. Completely charming and kind and interesting, had several good conversation with her tonight, that is, when she wasn't pulling my hair, screaming in my face, and punching me in the chest.
Old 11-20-2010, 11:58 PM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
I'll add Grace Perry of Landmine Marathon to my "who's nice" list. Completely charming and kind and interesting, had several good conversation with her tonight, that is, when she wasn't pulling my hair, screaming in my face, and punching me in the chest.
You should have bought her dinner, or at least a cup of coffee after.

*jealous*
Old 11-21-2010, 06:54 AM
things are more than just what you see

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
What?

9/21: Uproar Festival
Old 11-21-2010, 08:33 AM
I'm the ghoul of the medical profession

I am very confused as to how Brad ended up fucking the singer of Landmine Marathon.
Old 11-21-2010, 08:49 AM
7 Holy Paths To Hell And Your Trip Begins...

Iron Maiden

that night in october of 2006, where we spend an entire evening at a hotel bar in Québec city was truly amazing. All the guys were awesome, I took pictures and talk to everyone exept for Nicko who wasn't there. Bruce, Steve and Davey were particularly cool but the coolest of them all is fucking Rod ! I chatted with him for at least half an hour, we talked about my kids, our favourites Maiden songs, where to go if I ever visit england, he even told me the concept of their next tour (The SBIT tour) . I even paid him a couples of beers.

what a night !

Cheers !
PowerMaiden