Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Grindcore Fest -- Los Angeles, CA -- July 12th, 2014
Midnight -- Toronto, Ontario -- July 12th, 2014
Satanic Warmaster -- Mexico City, Mexico -- July 5th, 2014
Dying Fetus -- Merriam, KS -- July 12th, 2014
Phobia -- Tempe, AZ -- July 11th, 2014

Old 11-19-2010, 06:15 AM
Unhealer

@loganarchy: Gotcha. I can't really pinpoint my issue with them, strangely enough, apart from "I don't like it." But that's the way things are sometimes, I guess.

@ShatteredFlame: I remember hearing Bloodbirds at one point and thinking it was good until the vox came in. I'm completely aware that I'm in the minority, though.

However... I listened to a good chunk of the new album last night, and I have to say that "Black Lake Nidstang" is pretty amazing. The music is definitely right up my alley. I think I'll try this again later... and I honestly did not know that The Mantle had mostly clean vox, so I'll give that a listen, too.
Old 11-19-2010, 07:20 AM
cool babies, strange but not a stranger

Does anyone have the lyrics to this album? I cant find them anywhere
Old 11-19-2010, 09:00 AM
Pursue happiness with diligence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akumu View Post
@loganarchy: Gotcha. I can't really pinpoint my issue with them, strangely enough, apart from "I don't like it." But that's the way things are sometimes, I guess.

@ShatteredFlame: I remember hearing Bloodbirds at one point and thinking it was good until the vox came in. I'm completely aware that I'm in the minority, though.

However... I listened to a good chunk of the new album last night, and I have to say that "Black Lake Nidstang" is pretty amazing. The music is definitely right up my alley. I think I'll try this again later... and I honestly did not know that The Mantle had mostly clean vox, so I'll give that a listen, too.
Agalloch are perhaps my favorite band making music right now, and I think that the black vocals are absolutely perfect when they're there, and the same goes for the cleans. I don't think they really create a mismatch very often, except for this one really weird moment in Pale Folklore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div View Post
Does anyone have the lyrics to this album? I cant find them anywhere
Album isn't out yet, so the lyric booklet isn't out with it.