Marduk -- Norrköping, Sweden -- December 19th-20th, 2014
Despised Icon -- Worcester, MA -- December 21st, 2014
Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014
Opeth -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 21st, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- December 21st, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 11-18-2010, 02:54 PM
Altars of Radness

I personally have no problem with crowd surfing. Surfing at a Watain concert? Well, that doesn't seem like a good idea... and crowd surfing to a black metal band doesn't really make sense anyway. But in general, it doesn't bother me. Yes, I've had plenty of people land on me, hit me in the head with their boots, and climb up my back to get on top of the crowd, but I see it all in fun. If you want to go crazy to one of your favorite bands, go right ahead. If you're up front for a show, you should realize that you're risking getting landed on. Just as if you're on the side of the pit, you should expect people to run into you at full speed. It's a show.
Old 11-18-2010, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treghet View Post
I personally have no problem with crowd surfing. Surfing at a Watain concert? Well, that doesn't seem like a good idea... and crowd surfing to a black metal band doesn't really make sense anyway. But in general, it doesn't bother me. Yes, I've had plenty of people land on me, hit me in the head with their boots, and climb up my back to get on top of the crowd, but I see it all in fun. If you want to go crazy to one of your favorite bands, go right ahead. If you're up front for a show, you should realize that you're risking getting landed on. Just as if you're on the side of the pit, you should expect people to run into you at full speed. It's a show.
THIS 100%
2.17 Machine Head
2.18 Symphony X
Old 11-18-2010, 03:24 PM
I'm the ghoul of the medical profession

Quote:
My thoughts exactly
Old 11-18-2010, 05:16 PM
and you can never quarantine the past

yeah...well, I generally piss off the whole crowd at every show I go to, because I always drop crowdsurfers or sometime even stagedivers

I'm really skinny, weak, and uncoordinated, so yeah.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:49 PM
N00B

Quote:
I've been on both sides of this argument many times, and if you are stupid enough to run full speed at someone at a show you should expect to go home in an ambulance. All rules that apply outside a show apply inside a show. Your paid admission does not excuse you from the laws of nature. Some people are simply not to be bothered no matter what, so mosh and dive at your own risk and retaliate at your own risk. Don't cry or snitch when you have to pick your teeth and blood off the floor for your short sighted impulsive decisions.
Old 11-18-2010, 09:43 PM
N00B

That's an excellent first post. Here are some of the photos I got! Best ones I took were of Erik since I was right in the center..

You can see the pig heads hanging upside-down..

Last edited by Xivienne; 11-18-2010 at 09:49 PM.
Old 11-18-2010, 09:46 PM
Altars of Radness

Those are some spectacular shots. I'm so jealous of everybody seeing this show.
Old 11-18-2010, 10:02 PM
All of my life, I've been waiting for you...

Looking at those photos, it makes me both jealous that other shows on the tour have gotten the full-blown Watain show, yet it's pretty awesome that I saw such a stripped-down version of it that really focused on the music.
Youth Code: 1/27
A Place To Bury Strangers: 2/17
Sleater-Kinney: 2/26-27
Old 11-18-2010, 10:24 PM
Now I am become Death. The destroyer of worlds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blasphemor View Post
I saw the Watain show at Studio 7 in Seattle (fucking awesome btw) and noticed the two fools who decided to crowd surf get soundly kicked by band members.
I was right behind that guy that got kicked, it was lulzy.

BTW, I was very pleasantly surprised at the turnout for the show. Probably the biggest Seattle crowd I've seen other than Summer Slaughter.
Old 11-19-2010, 08:58 PM
and you can never quarantine the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xivienne View Post
That's an excellent first post. Here are some of the photos I got! Best ones I took were of Erik since I was right in the center..

You can see the pig heads hanging upside-down..

Holy shit those photos are amazing

I need your help dude! Give me specs and shit! you said you had a DSLR...did you use extra lenses? If that's the case, then I'm out of luck. I've got a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35. It's technically a point-and-soot but it's the size of a DSLR and I believe that it has manual settings too. Give me the scoop, I don't really know how to use those settings anyway

Last edited by larvtard; 11-19-2010 at 09:03 PM.

Tags
goatwhore, watain