Periphery -- Lansing, MI -- September 19th, 2014
Otherwise -- Sturtevant, WI -- September 19th, 2014
Eluveitie -- Baltimore, MD -- September 19th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat > Video Games

Old 11-09-2010, 11:39 AM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Favorite Grand Theft Auto???????

For me it easily goes to GTA III

It was the one that started it all....the first of its kind....YES YES YES There have been tons of sanbox games out before this but no game was ever made in the way GTA 3 was made...it set the record straight and would soon start a wide array of so called CARBON COPY CATS to follow its footsteps.......

Not only that But i really liked all the characters and loved the "gritty urban griminess" that it held....

Vice City and San Andreas are amazing games but GTA 3 will always hold a special place for me in my gamer days....

I would assume a good 90 percent here are probably going to say San Andreas.
11/14 - Slayer
Old 11-13-2010, 09:15 AM
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...

Vice City will always be my favourite GTA game. It's the first one I played and let me tell you, I played THE SHIT out of it! San Andreas was good, but the amount of shit you could/had to do was kind of overwhelming, almost made it RPG-like. III was also good and probably my second favourite. I haven't played enough of GTA IV to give a solid opinion on it.
Old 11-13-2010, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
Vice City will always be my favourite GTA game. It's the first one I played and let me tell you, I played THE SHIT out of it! San Andreas was good, but the amount of shit you could/had to do was kind of overwhelming, almost made it RPG-like. III was also good and probably my second favourite. I haven't played enough of GTA IV to give a solid opinion on it.
Your very right about GTA San Andreas. its considered one of the biggest games ever made....LITERALLY......The games world is bigger then most RPGs put together!!! I remember it took me hours of driving in "Country" area alone just to get a mission done!..

as for Vice City....Good Choice....I remember I played the living shit out of that too. I remember it took me a month to realized I had to buy mansions and shit in order to progress through the game once you killed what his face, I forgot his name
11/14 - Slayer
Old 11-13-2010, 09:57 AM
Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the lightsaber.

Vice City in my opinion has been the best one so far as much as I loved GTA III, the characters and soundtrack in Vice City were awesome! Ray Liotta voicing my character and all the other actors and actresses voicing characters really made this one feel like a movie. I actually own the limited edition cd set of all the radio stations from Vice City. The one thing that I have always thought was weird though is. why did Rockstar choose to put three music tracks from the movie "Scarface" on GTA III instead of Vice City? Vice City oozed "Scarface" in fact there was an eastern egg of the infamous hotel in the game.
Not to mention the huge mansion's inside looks very much like Tony Montona's from "Scarface".

San Andreas was neat with the huge area and more thing to do but, I guess I'm just more into the Mafia and organized crime story lines than "west coast gangstas".

Here is how I would rank the 3D open world GTA games.

Vice City
GTA III, GTA IV (tie) For all the hate GTA IV gets I bought the game at midnight at my local Gamestop and it was worth every penny imho.
San Andreas

Other GTA games:

GTA Chinatown Wars (DS)
GTA II (pc)
GTA Liberty City Stories
GTA Vice City Stores
GTA I (pc)

Note: I have not played the episodes from Liberty City yet.

Last edited by evildeadjedi; 11-13-2010 at 10:01 AM.
Old 11-13-2010, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evildeadjedi View Post
Vice City in my opinion has been the best one so far as much as I loved GTA III, the characters and soundtrack in Vice City were awesome! Ray Liotta voicing my character and all the other actors and actresses voicing characters really made this one feel like a movie. I actually own the limited edition cd set of all the radio stations from Vice City. The one thing that I have always thought was weird though is. why did Rockstar choose to put three music tracks from the movie "Scarface" on GTA III instead of Vice City? Vice City oozed "Scarface" in fact there was an eastern egg of the infamous hotel in the game.
Not to mention the huge mansion's inside looks very much like Tony Montona's from "Scarface".

San Andreas was neat with the huge area and more thing to do but, I guess I'm just more into the Mafia and organized crime story lines than "west coast gangstas".

Here is how I would rank the 3D open world GTA games.

Vice City
GTA III, GTA IV (tie) For all the hate GTA IV gets I bought the game at midnight at my local Gamestop and it was worth every penny imho.
San Andreas

Other GTA games:

GTA Chinatown Wars (DS)
GTA II (pc)
GTA Liberty City Stories
GTA Vice City Stores
GTA I (pc)

Note: I have not played the episodes from Liberty City yet.
The thing that I loved about GTA III the most was the whole "Scareface" sountrack that they put in III. PUSH IT TO THE LIMITS!!!!!!!!!!!!! WALK ALONG THE RAZORS EDGE!!!! shes on fire, fire!!!!! ahahahahhahah I fucking loved those tunes
11/14 - Slayer
Old 11-13-2010, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepultura69 View Post
The thing that I loved about GTA III the most was the whole "Scareface" sountrack that they put in III. PUSH IT TO THE LIMITS!!!!!!!!!!!!! WALK ALONG THE RAZORS EDGE!!!! shes on fire, fire!!!!! ahahahahhahah I fucking loved those tunes
Hell yes! I used to always listen to Flashback FM in that game, the only other station I would listen to was Lazlo's talk radio one due to the crazy ass people who would call in to talk to him. I remember a few times I went careening off a bridge into the water because I was cracking up.

One other thing I will say about Vice City was the game was definitely frustrating at times. A friend of mine got so pissed at the final mission he snapped a practically brand new dualshock 2 in half!

Last edited by evildeadjedi; 11-13-2010 at 10:22 AM.
Old 11-13-2010, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evildeadjedi View Post
Hell yes! I used to always listen to Flashback FM in that game, the only other station I would listen to was Lazlo's talk radio one due to the crazy ass people who would call in to talk to him. I remember a few times I went careening off a bridge into the water because I was cracking up.

One other thing I will say about Vice City was the game was definitely frustrating at times. A friend of mine got so pissed at the final mission he snapped a practically brand new dualshock 2 in half!

My memory is a bit vague so work with me

I just remember in Vice City somehwere in the middle of the game you and lance kill that one fool and take over his Mansion. The bald guy with the hawain shirt. I havent played the game in years, let alone I dont own anymore consoles unfortunately. Anyways, after you kill him I had no idea you are suppose to start purchasing places and buying shops in order to progress the story....I know pretty pathetic but it was so goddamn frustrating for
11/14 - Slayer

Last edited by Sepultura69; 11-13-2010 at 11:08 AM.
Old 11-13-2010, 11:11 AM
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks

San Andreas for sure. Slogging through the story missions and side stuff got a little tedious, but it's by far the best "do whatever the hell you want" GTA game.
Old 11-13-2010, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepultura69 View Post
My memory is a bit vague so work with me

I just remember in Vice City somehwere in the middle of the game you and lance kill that one fool and take over his Mansion. The bald guy with the hawain shirt. I havent played the game in years, let alone I dont own anymore consoles unfortunately. Anyways, after you kill him I had no idea you are suppose to start purchasing places and buying shops in order to progress the story....I know pretty pathetic but it was so goddamn frustrating for
No problem, the guy was Ricardo Diaz and by taking him out Tommy and Lance become VC's new cocaine kingpins. Certain places were required to purchase others were optional if I remember correctly.
Old 11-13-2010, 12:33 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Love GTAIII for sure, but it's gotta be San Andreas for me, easily. And I've played Vice City, but not a whole lot and I never beat it, so I can't really judge how good that one is. GTA2 on Dreamcast was fantastic, too.
09/26 - Black Cobra
09/29 - Interpol