Despised Icon -- Worcester, MA -- December 21st, 2014
Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014
Opeth -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 21st, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- December 21st, 2014
Pig Destroyer -- Philadelphia, PA -- December 20th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 11-09-2010, 04:44 PM
#Controversial

Oh yeah, Reggies is in a total shit area. It's like an ok area up to Reggie's, and then next door there's a liquor store and from there on it's garbage.
Old 11-09-2010, 05:03 PM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicbrian666 View Post
Oh yeah, Reggies is in a total shit area. It's like an ok area up to Reggie's, and then next door there's a liquor store and from there on it's garbage.
The 2 times I've been there so far I just take the Red Line down to Chinatown and walk over... It doesn't seem bad at all from that direction, but I haven't gone past Reggie's. I mean, it is the south side...
Old 11-09-2010, 06:08 PM
#Controversial

We've only gone past once because we had to turn around to get to the venue, and it's just a terrible area. There's always the stupid bums staggering around down the street.
Old 11-09-2010, 07:30 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd091 View Post
The 2 times I've been there so far I just take the Red Line down to Chinatown and walk over... It doesn't seem bad at all from that direction, but I haven't gone past Reggie's. I mean, it is the south side...
Yeah, right down the street is where all the robert taylor homes were.
Old 11-09-2010, 08:29 PM
Altars of Radness

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicbrian666 View Post
We've only gone past once because we had to turn around to get to the venue, and it's just a terrible area. There's always the stupid bums staggering around down the street.
That reminds me of a time when I was waiting in line outside the Wiltern Theater in LA and a bum was walking up and down the line trying to sell heroin.
Old 11-09-2010, 09:07 PM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Quote:
Originally Posted by treghet View Post
That reminds me of a time when I was waiting in line outside the Wiltern Theater in LA and a bum was walking up and down the line trying to sell heroin.
11/14 - Slayer
Old 11-10-2010, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonic View Post
Glad you had a good time.
Welcome to Chicago!!!

Reggie's is a cool venue.
Yeah, I really love Reggie's. I used to be in love with Peabody's back in Cleveland, which was a little larger, but Peabody's had these poles that could potentially block your view and Reggie's slanted floor is great for viewing from the back. That's a genius idea, imo. The shatty, small venues are always the coolest for metal shows... and you can get up right next to the stage.

HOWEVER it didn't seem so genius when a guy spilled his beer and the floor became somewhat like an icy sledding hill and about 5 people fell down in the pit at once It was all good; I don't think anyone got hurt.
Old 11-10-2010, 05:55 PM
Wrath!

While I personally would like to see Ex Deo live, I can somewhat understand a lot of Nile fans not digging them as much. I think it'd be awesome to have them on the next Amon Amarth tour, actually. They'd get a great reception, have some good exposure, and continue AA's recent trend of having kickass openers.
Old 11-10-2010, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Careenifier View Post
While I personally would like to see Ex Deo live, I can somewhat understand a lot of Nile fans not digging them as much. I think it'd be awesome to have them on the next Amon Amarth tour, actually. They'd get a great reception, have some good exposure, and continue AA's recent trend of having kickass openers.
THIS.

They would be the perfect opener for Amon. Or even Behemoth; they both wear epic tier-11 armor sets
Old 11-10-2010, 08:51 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvenking View Post
well its Chicago, its in a kinda bad area, and he had a knife on him, which he did not use against me, honestly the whole situation is weird, we just know the one hipster bartender hates us.
I take it you're talking about Bill there.. and then further more Rich when it comes to Reggies hating on them. It's nice that they have been more loose with them lately. For the most part at shows.. wherever Rich or Bill are, I am nearby as I typically hang with them at shows. Chances are we have probably met?

Now to the OP:
There really are quite a few African Americans at shows. Mainly a heavy set dude and then the dude with dreads who is in the local band Kastasyde. Sounds like it was a fun time @ the Nile show, I had to skip it tho since I had prior obligations.

Tags
ex deo, nile, psycroptic