Ju Ju Bone
Thirteen
Bringer Of Death
Black Angel, White Angel
Mother

Encore:
She Rides
Long Way Back From Hell

Excellent show from Danzig at the Town Ballroom here in Buffalo last night. He still sounds great live and still has some good power in his voice. The crowd was into the whole show and sang a long loudly with everything especially the older stuff. Danzig held the mic out for people up in front to sing along several times and was slapping hands and locking horns with people which is always cool to see. The new stuff got a solid reaction to, HOTG and DRM being the best recived of the night. I would've prefered to hear either The Revengful or Rebel Spirits instead of Ju Ju Bone but the song came off well live. HOTG and DRM were awesome live though. I was also surprised to see people moshing during the set. He's never had music I would consider "moshable" but the people doing it last night proved me wrong.

The venue he played holds 1,200 and while it wasn't a sell out I would say it was close to a thousand people there. Though i've never been great with estimating crowd sizes, that's just my guess. The main highlights of the show were the songs off the first three albums. Though everything was played so well that I could consider everything a highlight. I have no clue who's in the band besides Glenn but they played very well last night and they made the older stuff sound heavier live

At 55, Danzig is still in great shape, singing well and spazing out on stage like he always has. While I would've prefered to hear me some Am I Demon, Snakes Of Christ or Dirty Black Summer instead of the boring downer Thirteen i've been to enough concerts by now to know you can't get everything all the time. But at least Danzig didn't ignore those albums completely and knows what most of the fans are there to hear.

My voice is hoarse today. I didn't think I was singing louder than I normally do for concerts but I guess I was. Though during songs like TOC, TOBA, HTGK and Mother it's hard not to sing at the top of your lungs for those. If he's coming to your area deffinitley go. You're in for a fun and very energetic show
Old 11-05-2010, 08:41 AM
N00B

I think Tommy Victory and Johnny Kelly are in the band this time around, not sure who is playing bass.
Old 11-05-2010, 09:21 AM
"Never wanted your approval, never wanted your acceptance. Never wanted to be anything but me" LOG

Danzig was great last night, one of the best shows I have ever been to. Definetly in my top ten concerts ever. I met one of my friends from school there, I met her friends and we hung out by the pit the whole show.
Danzig did great, he pulled everything off well. I agree with sanitarium that Danzig isn't that moshable,but everyone proved me wrong. The highlights of the night for me were Black Angel White Angel,She Rides,How the Gods Kill,Tired of Being alive and Long way Back From Hell.That was one of the best days I have had in awhile.
Danzig you are welcome to come back to Buffalo NY anytime.

Last edited by Indestructible; 11-06-2010 at 12:15 PM.
Old 11-05-2010, 11:41 AM
N00B

anyone have sets from Toxic Holocaust etc..?
Old 11-05-2010, 06:01 PM
Banned Asshole

That setlist isn't as great as the one I got. I saw him in June, first date of that nine show mini tour. He didn't play Ju Ju Bone or Deth Red Moon here, but he played Do You Wear The Mark, Until You Call On The Dark, Kiss The Skull, and It's Coming Down. Tommy Victor is on guitar, Steve Zing is on bass, and Johnny Kelly is on drums. Thirteen was cool to hear, except for the fact that all the posers knew it simply because of The Hangover.... Did you notice Danzig's hair? As he played, it seemed to thin more and more throughout the set. Also, his gut is quite noticable. kinda depressing that he doesn't take care of himself like he used to.
Old 11-05-2010, 07:14 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magson13 View Post
That setlist isn't as great as the one I got. I saw him in June, first date of that nine show mini tour. He didn't play Ju Ju Bone or Deth Red Moon here, but he played Do You Wear The Mark, Until You Call On The Dark, Kiss The Skull, and It's Coming Down. Tommy Victor is on guitar, Steve Zing is on bass, and Johnny Kelly is on drums. Thirteen was cool to hear, except for the fact that all the posers knew it simply because of The Hangover.... Did you notice Danzig's hair? As he played, it seemed to thin more and more throughout the set. Also, his gut is quite noticable. kinda depressing that he doesn't take care of himself like he used to.
This tour was the official one for DRM so that's why he's doing a few more newer ones as opposed to this summer. I would've loved to have heard UYCOTD and another song off HTGK but what are you gonna do about it? I really wasn't paying attention to Glenn's hair at all because checking out the progression of full to thin in somebody's hair isn't a top priority for me when seeing someone live Excessive sweating will do that to anybody's hair though.

Yes, his waist line has expanded a bit over the years but he's far from being in bad shape at all. It appeared to me he's still in good shape and taking care of himself. The man is 55 it's not like he can shed the pounds as easily as he used to even if he still works out regularly. It's not that he isn't taking care of himself it's just an age issue.
Old 11-05-2010, 07:50 PM
N00B

marduk?

anyone get the marduk set list? how was their set?
Old 11-05-2010, 09:15 PM
Banned Asshole

The summer tour was for DRS too, it said 'to usher in the release of his latest album, Deth Red Sabaoth'. Excessive sweating doesn't make your hair thin out to an extreme. Putting something in your hair to make it look full, then sweating it off, does. And when Danzig takes his girdle off, his gut is even worse than on stage. You can see it after the show when he meets with the fans. Have you ever seen Randy Couture? No gut there. Just insanely ripped, and he's up there in age.
Old 11-05-2010, 09:55 PM
Concert Veteran

Well excessive sweating thins my hair out but maybe that's just me. The big difference with Courture is that it's his job to stay in shape because if he doesn't he can't fight and is out of a job. Danzig's job is not to be in top shape it's music. As long as he's in good enough condition to perform live what's the issue then? What I don't get is why Glenn's appearence is so important to you? Do you have a mancrush on him or something?
Old 11-05-2010, 11:54 PM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Anyone have the setlist for Possessed???...
11/14 - Slayer

Tags
danzig