Intronaut -- West Hollywood, CA -- December 19th, 2014
Cannabis Corpse -- Chicago, IL -- December 17th, 2014
Kreator -- London, England -- December 18th, 2014

Old 08-25-2010, 02:17 AM
That Guy

The Sword- Warp Riders

I'll put it plain and simple...

GET THIS ALBUM NOW!!!!

One of the top 3 albums of 2010 without question, if not album of the year. I had a harder time with their first two albums mainly production-wise but I always knew they were a kickass band. Now they have the right production, added some proggy elements, added a concept and created a Metal masterpiece. Every song is just as badass as the next.

Like I said above, do yourself a favor and get this album now. You'll be glad you listened to it.

Last edited by MPF; 08-25-2010 at 12:54 PM.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:12 AM
Not popular in Buffalo

This is such a great record full of memorable riffs and awesome songs. One of the best records of the year so far for sure.
1/25 August Burns Red
1/31 Machine Head

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Old 10-19-2010, 10:15 AM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

I definitely think it's their best release so far. There are some really great grooves on this album, and overall I'd say that this is probably The Sword at the heaviest that they've ever been (although not every song is that way). I like the album a lot, although I'm not sure if it'll be in my top ten or not. This year has actually produced some pretty awesome material - much to my surprise, considering the slow start it got - and my tastes are pretty broad, too. Still, a damn decent album - that's for sure.
Old 10-19-2010, 05:39 PM
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...

I don't know why everyone's getting all wet about Warp Riders. Gods of the Earth is far heavier and much more intense. Sure Warp Riders has more progressive elements but its so lukewarm compared to what came before. Just my opinion. Proceed.
Old 10-29-2010, 01:22 AM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
I don't know why everyone's getting all wet about Warp Riders. Gods of the Earth is far heavier and much more intense. Sure Warp Riders has more progressive elements but its so lukewarm compared to what came before. Just my opinion. Proceed.
I agree 1000% percent. GOTE was utterly epic; I found that the sludgy production was perfect for their style. Every song on that record made me feel like I was Jon Snow or Eddard Stark, straight out of "A Song of Ice and Fire"
Warp Riders was a huuuuuuuuuuuge letdown for me, almost as bad as canceling their fuckin' tour a couple of days before I saw them.

Old 10-29-2010, 11:15 AM
Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the lightsaber.

Quote:
I love Warp Riders but, I do agree that overall Gods of the Earth had more heavier and intense tracks. This one is "heavy" in a different way.
Old 11-02-2010, 06:52 PM
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...

Quote:
Originally Posted by evildeadjedi View Post
I love Warp Riders but, I do agree that overall Gods of the Earth had more heavier and intense tracks. This one is "heavy" in a different way.
Yeah, I mean I liked Warp Riders when I first heard it but it had been a long time since I'd heard Gods of the Earth. By itself it's good enough, but compared to what came before, it sounds like 70's rock, not modern stoner/doom.
Old 11-03-2010, 12:24 AM
That Guy

Quote:
Yeah, I mean I liked Warp Riders when I first heard it but it had been a long time since I'd heard Gods of the Earth. By itself it's good enough, but compared to what came before, it sounds like 70's rock, not modern stoner/doom.
That's probably what I like about it. Not to say they don't pull the Sonter/doom metal sound and make it badass. Buit to me, the 70's rock era mixed with the heavy RTL era MEtallica riffs that is Warp Riders, amkeit in my top 10 of 2010!

...That and the stellar Production.