Intronaut -- West Hollywood, CA -- December 19th, 2014
Cannabis Corpse -- Chicago, IL -- December 17th, 2014
Kreator -- London, England -- December 18th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 11-01-2010, 11:46 PM
Visualize perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegantopher View Post
Maybe if you knew how to spell then you would appreciate Fleshgod Apocalypse and Decrepit Birth.
This. I (unfortunately) listened to I Hear They Burn For Murder. Jesus Christ. How anyone could like this bull shit more than Decrepit Birth and Fleshgod Apocalypse, I'll never know.
Old 11-02-2010, 12:08 AM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fires Of Sedition View Post
This. I (unfortunately) listened to I Hear They Burn For Murder. Jesus Christ. How anyone could like this bull shit more than Decrepit Birth and Fleshgod Apocalypse, I'll never know.
The fact that Fleshgod did a cover of Blinded by Fear by At The Gates and improved it tremendously shocks me that any metal fan would not be won over by that alone.
Old 11-02-2010, 08:01 AM
Altars of Radness

I like how his post has disappeared.
Old 11-02-2010, 09:23 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by treghet View Post
I like how his post has disappeared.
I'm Andrew (vocalist/guitarist) for Invection, I think he was probably a member of the band who signed up to pretend he was a fan and defend the band. I've seen a lot of bands do that but I really don't understand it because it's always so easy to see through; just say you're a member of the band and take the criticism and see what you could've done better. I didn't get to see the band but they were extremely nice and let me use their cab so I can't really say anything bad about their set (taking cheap shots at us by saying they heard other people ripping on us is pretty lame though, in a review you should say what YOU think, not what others think; if someone said that thats their opinion and not everyone will like something but trying to demean someone else to bring you up is pretty fucked up). I always love feedback so stuff like this is awesome and I appreciate it; the show was definitely amazing and our set was fun despite the horrible kickdrum sound dominating the monitors haha, I basically had to look at my guitar to hear what I was playing the first few songs.

I decided to sign up to give my 2 cents on that but I've been watching this forum at a lot because I check it for sets before I go to shows, maybe I'll start posting more if I end up going to more shows in the future (had to stop due to money).
Old 11-02-2010, 10:49 AM
Altars of Radness

Welcome, Andrew!

That's pretty cool of them to let you use their stuff. Stuff like that always reminds me not to judge people. I've seen plenty of people insult band members because of their music and/or appearance, and all it really does is close you off to the world. For example, I'm not a fan of Annotations of an Autopsy, but I met their guitarist and he's a really nice guy.
Old 11-02-2010, 12:53 PM
N00B

i've seen suffocation live in january when i wasnt a fan of them and i am mad at myself for not liking them ); i hope theyre on summer slaughter next year
http://www.youtube.com/user/stevepwn
just uplaoded some songs that weren't on youtube, anyone know any others? let me know ill upload them

Last edited by stevepwn; 11-02-2010 at 01:07 PM.
Old 11-02-2010, 01:46 PM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevepwn View Post
i've seen suffocation live in january when i wasnt a fan of them and i am mad at myself for not liking them ); i hope theyre on summer slaughter next year
http://www.youtube.com/user/stevepwn
just uplaoded some songs that weren't on youtube, anyone know any others? let me know ill upload them
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cL_w3...eature=related
pretty awesome footage from the pomona show this past weekend. They sound Amazing. Just like you the first time I saw suffocation i wasn't familiar with the band either other then that they where opening up for exodus and carcass. I'm really fuckin' bummed I missed the pomona show, i never in a million years thought they would play torn into enthrallment(thats my favorite suffocation song)
11/14 - Slayer
Old 11-02-2010, 01:49 PM
N00B

hows it going guys? I'm new to this forum and just wanted to comment on this show. I'm Gary and I'm one of the guitarists of I hear they burn for murder. I'm the first one in the band to actually read this thread, and I don't got no hard feelings or anything towards your comments etc. I'm kind of confused because some of the comments say one of us posted something on here or something??? we all got opinions and I respect what you all have to say about us and the other bands that played. to be honest I'm kind of shocked that treghet claims we have a horrible guitar tone! I personally play a marshall all tube half stack, and schecter guitars with seymour duncans and have actually gotten a lot of good feedback on my set up from numerous bands and techs but once again we all got our different opinions and what not. and to Andrew from Invection I was the one who let you borrow my cab and thanks for the kind words you guys were pretty cool as well! regardless to what people thought of us I had a blast playing this show and meeting all the other cool bands that night. it was a pretty sick lineup and every band brought something new to the table with different styles/sounds which was pretty awesome. in my opinion I'm going to say besides suffocation, through the eyes of the dead were my favorite they have great songs that are always heavy and really get you headbanging.
Old 11-02-2010, 02:59 PM
Altars of Radness

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickits View Post
I'm kind of shocked that treghet claims we have a horrible guitar tone! I personally play a marshall all tube half stack, and schecter guitars with seymour duncans and have actually gotten a lot of good feedback on my set up from numerous bands and techs but once again we all got our different opinions and what not.
I can't say I know anything about guitars and all, but I just didn't like the way it sounded during the sound check and song that I heard. To me it sounded really muffled. But, I'm glad you guys had a good time. That's what playing music is about anyway.
Old 11-02-2010, 03:13 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by treghet View Post
I can't say I know anything about guitars and all, but I just didn't like the way it sounded during the sound check and song that I heard. To me it sounded really muffled. But, I'm glad you guys had a good time. That's what playing music is about anyway.

oh I see well to be honest I couldn't hear the guitars from on stage...
very true! we play because we love it and if others like our music then great

Tags
decrepit birth, suffocation, the faceless, through the eyes of the dead