Opeth -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 21st, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- December 21st, 2014
Pig Destroyer -- Philadelphia, PA -- December 20th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 11-01-2010, 07:50 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
I was actually standing right next to you then for a few songs. I was sick of the moshers so I had to get outta there. The only other time I did that was during Opeth for the Ghost Reveries tour. at 22 I'm starting to feel old.
Yeah me too actually. After Narcosynthesis I headed back behind the pit on the right side, where it was a little roomier, and where I wouldnt hit twenty people in the face when I headbang, haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF
I wish I remembered the names of the guys and what they played. I just remember John and Nic, but the one with the Beard was the one that had the guard rails fall on him. and the one that kinda looked like Dave Grohl playing bass had the picture on his phone. They were all really cool guys to hang out with. The next time they are in town We'll be having some good times to remember
Yeah, they are all definitely cool dudes. I remember the first time I saw them when they opened for Overkill at the Rock a few years back, after they played their set they got off stage and thanked me and my friends for showing up, running around, and what have you. Every time after that that I've talked to them they've been super nice, and on one occasion I remember both Johns told me they remembered me
Old 11-01-2010, 10:14 PM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davemeistro View Post
Yeah me too actually. After Narcosynthesis I headed back behind the pit on the right side, where it was a little roomier, and where I wouldnt hit twenty people in the face when I headbang, haha.

Yeah, they are all definitely cool dudes. I remember the first time I saw them when they opened for Overkill at the Rock a few years back, after they played their set they got off stage and thanked me and my friends for showing up, running around, and what have you. Every time after that that I've talked to them they've been super nice, and on one occasion I remember both Johns told me they remembered me
Yeah the moshers suck. I've never dug moshing, ninja kicks, circle pits, etc. To me if you need to more then headbang and fist pumping/devil horns, you're an asshole. I was in the front because, usually there is no moshing going on at station 4 thanks to the poles. I guess it depends on the show.

In speaking of Station 4, I find it really shitty how they have Nile and Watiain and fucking Trapt next month all around the same time. Two great metal shows and one of the worst Hard Rock bands around....but then again 2 days before I play The Garage in Burnsville *November 13th* Brokencyde is playing the same venue. O si guess I can't complain too much about that.

I'm pretty sure after last night the guys in Warbringer will never forget who I am.
Old 11-01-2010, 10:58 PM
N00B

Quote:
I think I remember seeing you. I was the kid with the long curly hair standing next to the chick with pink hair before Nevermore was about to start.

Cool story man, I hope Warbringer put up that picture cause that sounds fucking epic hahaha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4RZG4HAzuE

Here's their little duel thing. It's just from my phone so it sounds like ass but still.
Ha, the chick with the pink hair is my girlfriend. I must have been right next to you.. because I was right behind her. Were you on her right, on the rail?
Old 11-01-2010, 10:59 PM
N00B

Wait, are you Dabeeededed? O.O
Old 11-01-2010, 11:01 PM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamai View Post
Ha, the chick with the pink hair is my girlfriend. I must have been right next to you.. because I was right behind her. Were you on her right, on the rail?
And I was to the left of your girlfriend. Tall guy in the Testament work shirt, and glasses.
Old 11-02-2010, 10:10 AM
N00B

Yes, Drew. That is Dabeed.

And as far as your complaint against moshers... pleeeeease, you're at a metal show. I had a blast skankin' around for Warbanger. It'd been too long since I'd have seen them and the crowd was actually getting into it more, rather than just 5 dudes. FUN FUN FUN show.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:39 AM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HailANDKill View Post
Yes, Drew. That is Dabeed.

And as far as your complaint against moshers... pleeeeease, you're at a metal show. I had a blast skankin' around for Warbanger. It'd been too long since I'd have seen them and the crowd was actually getting into it more, rather than just 5 dudes. FUN FUN FUN show.
I' not saying it isn't fun for you guys. It's just not for me. I care more about watching the band and how they play then just beating the shit out of other people. I get that it's the Metal culture, but I'm a musician first and a Metalhead second. I'll always care more about the music.

Don't get me wrong. it's fun for a song or two. A few of the kidney punches I got missed and actually felt good against my lower back that was starting to hurt from standing. But anything more then that, I'm out.
Old 11-02-2010, 08:33 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamai View Post
Wait, are you Dabeeededed? O.O
Yes sir! Kip knows what's up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
I' not saying it isn't fun for you guys. It's just not for me. I care more about watching the band and how they play then just beating the shit out of other people. I get that it's the Metal culture, but I'm a musician first and a Metalhead second. I'll always care more about the music.

Don't get me wrong. it's fun for a song or two. A few of the kidney punches I got missed and actually felt good against my lower back that was starting to hurt from standing. But anything more then that, I'm out.
I guess I'm sort of in the middle. I love moshing every now and again, and if I'm not, I don't care if others do. What does bother me though, are the people that intentionally run into and push people in the front or back, who clearly don't want to mosh and just want to watch the band.

But, I agree. Fun fun fun show, probably one of my favorite shows ever!
Old 11-02-2010, 10:09 PM
N00B

[quote=Davemeistro;313283]Yes sir! Kip knows what's up.

Oh... then I was indeed standing right next to you. I'm just too awkward to say anything, because I've never actually spoken to you before. 8D
Old 11-03-2010, 12:21 AM
That Guy

Quote:

I guess I'm sort of in the middle. I love moshing every now and again, and if I'm not, I don't care if others do. What does bother me though, are the people that intentionally run into and push people in the front or back, who clearly don't want to mosh and just want to watch the band.

But, I agree. Fun fun fun show, probably one of my favorite shows ever!
That's actually more of the way I feel.

Tags
nevermore, warbringer