Otherwise -- Sturtevant, WI -- September 19, 2014
Eluveitie -- Baltimore, MD -- September 19th, 2014
Riot Fest -- Denver, CO -- September 19th, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- September 18th, 2014
Puya -- Washington, D.C. -- September 17th, 2014

Old 10-30-2010, 07:32 AM
Life Is My Own To Live My Own Way

Thumbs up Immolation -- Chicago, IL -- October 28th, 2010

Pathology- I saw them on the Enthroned tour not too long ago and they somewhat sucked, but honestly they were pretty sweet this time. They have a new singer and 2 new guitar players and this was their first show with their current line-up and they played as if they had been a band for years. Also i was talking to one of the guitarists for a while after their set and he said they were going to be hopefully keeping this lineup for a while.

Lecherous Nocturne- Way Better then when i saw them with Cannibal Corpse. If they had a different singer theyd sound really good. I was greatly impressed with the bass player he was really talented, at many times moving all about the neck playing a part similar to the guitars, which was very complex.

Abigial Williams- I read a review of an earlier date of this tour and the reviewer said that they seemed like a totally different band, and wow they were right. They come out wearing full black metal get-ups complete with all the studs and spikes (but no corpse paint ) and played some kick ass black metal (my friend described it as "the singer grew his hair out and stopped being a pussy ). It was more ambient style, like a mix of Burzum and Emperor, and it sounded really good. One of the guitars went out in the middle of the set and the dude walked off stage, so the band played as a 3 piece for 2 songs until the guitarist finally rejoined them in the middle of the last song.

Oh and during their set, their was some dude who im sure was trippin on something (my guess is ecstasy due to they way he was moving). He was motioning along to all the parts of AW's set like he was fucking the air and was moving around not noticing anyone around him. Everyone was makin fun of him it was really funny, also because he was some gay looking Asian kid with a combover

Vader- Not much of an introduction is needed for the almighty Vader. They came out and raped the stage . They all seemed really happy to be there and were interacting with the crowd a lot. Piotr actually was moving around on stage as opposed to the last 2 times ive seen them hes just stood there the whole time . He looked at me many times during songs as i was yelling out the lyrics. I was pissed we didnt get an encore, but i guess they were short on time. After they played thier last song we were all yelling for more and Piotr came out and told us they didnt have time.

1) Silent Empire
2) And Act Of Darkness
3) Blood Of Kingu
4) Incarnation
5) Sothis
6) Revolt
7) Vision And The Voice
8) Reborn In Flames
9) Wings
10) Devilizer
11) Carnal

Immolation- I was happy to see not a lot of people clear out after Vader. I knew that this was going to be one of the best shows Id ever see and i was right, Immolation was perfect. I do wish they played one of the other sets i saw for this tour, because they had an awesome variety of old and new, but oh well Im not going to complain a lot due to them being so incredible! Theyre a huge influence on me and my playing (particularly Ross Dolan) and seeing them somewhat enlightened me. The sound quality was perfect and each musician played their part with extreme precision. Also, despite being on a tight time schedule, they took plenty of time to thank the crowd and they other bands in between songs, and told us that we're a great date for the last day of a tour. Also that they would be back some time around Spring. Unfortunatly they were sold out of almost all merch, but i was able to get a shirt with just they old school logo on it in my size, so i was happy.

Intro
1) The Purge
2) Majesty And Decay
3) Once Ordained
4) Father, Your Not A Father
5) Hate's Plague
6) Close To A World Below
7) Passion Kill
8) A Thunderous Consequence
9) Swarm Of Terror
10) Immolation
11) World Agony
12) Power And Shame
------------------------
13) Harnessing Ruin
8/23-Exodus, Malevolent Creation
8/25-Enthroned
10/22-Immolation, Vader
11/8-Nile
Old 10-30-2010, 01:39 PM
triturabis primatum

How large was the crowd for this show? It was pathetically empty both times I saw this tour.
Old 10-30-2010, 01:46 PM
N00B

I can't imagine many went, none of my friends were going, maybe one. Usually for a big show I know 20+ going, and it was on a Thursday.
Old 10-30-2010, 02:12 PM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassmasta257 View Post
Abigial Williams- I read a review of an earlier date of this tour and the reviewer said that they seemed like a totally different band, and wow they were right. They come out wearing full black metal get-ups complete with all the studs and spikes (but no corpse paint )
I'm sure they'll be corpsepaint on the next tour, and who wants to bet they tour with iwrestledabearonce?
Old 10-31-2010, 01:01 PM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

Overall great concert. I don't know about you, but I was getting the vibe that the majority of the people were there to see Vader, including me. I was on the rail the whole time (completely amazing), but the huge pit going on for all of Vader pretty much died out when Immolation took the stage. I'll admit that I haven't really heard a lot of Immolation, but I've always heard how important they are to death metal. Incredibly glad I saw them; they put on a sick show.

I have to agree that the guys in Immolation and Vader were super nice. Both bands took time to walk around at the end of their set and shake everybody's hand in the front . It was sexy awesome. Even the guys in Lecherous Nocturne and Abigail Williams were pretty nice, both thanking everybody for the small amounts of applause they got after every song. Its awesome to see that the most extreme forms of metal have the nicest, down-to-earth guys.
Quote:

Vader-I was pissed we didnt get an encore, but i guess they were short on time. After they played thier last song we were all yelling for more and Piotr came out and told us they didnt have time.
They didnít have time? Seriously? Vader ended at like, 9:15-ish and Immolation finished around 10:20. Super early! I still had the entire night to go out after that. I would have killed to see another Vader song. On a positive note, that was one of the best-run set ups Iíve ever seen. It took them about 15 minutes tops to switch bands. When I saw Behemoth earlier this year, I had to wait an hour between each band, and they didnít get on stage until 12:30 am.

Quote:
Abigial Williams-
Oh and during their set, their was some dude who im sure was trippin on something (my guess is ecstasy due to they way he was moving). He was motioning along to all the parts of AW's set like he was fucking the air and was moving around not noticing anyone around him. Everyone was makin fun of him it was really funny, also because he was some gay looking Asian kid with a combover
YES! Haha that guy was right behind me to the right, since I was on the rail. Directly in front of him was this poor woman with her boyfriend/husband, and he kept knocking her in the head with his hand motions! Whatever; good for him. He was the only one super into AW that I could see.

I remember checking out AW a couple years ago, and they were this interesting, unique band that was kind of a metalcore/black metal crossover. Their guitarist was doing all these sweep arpeggios and flashy stuff which was cool. Now, howeverÖ they sounded very generic. Not only did they lose their keyboardist, but they totally changed their image. Iím not a huge black metal fan; the only band I love is Emperor. It all kind of bleeds together and sounds the same to me. Meh.

In the end, that was an awesome night of Death Metal. I missed Pathology, but Iíll just catch them again in a couple weeks when I see Nile. That show looks like its gonna be orgasmic, also

Tags
abigail williams, immolation, vader