Overkill -- West Springfield, VA -- September 11th, 2014
ProgPower USA Kick-Off -- Atlanta, GA -- September 11th, 2014
ProgPower USA XV Day 2 -- Atlanta, GA -- September 13th, 2014
ProgPower USA XV Day 1 -- Atlanta, GA -- September 12th, 2014

Old 10-29-2010, 11:16 PM
The best part of waking up, is Satan in your cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd091 View Post
Fine. You asked for it. Keep in mind, this is my opinion. If you like BMTH, all the power to ya. I don't want to incite or offend anyone.

1. They were never anything special. BMTH started off as a mediocre deathcore band with Count Your Blessings, even by deathcore standards. Their riffs were pretty average, but at least they were playing their instruments, not punching the strings and ignoring their fuckin' left hands in a drunken stupor to create the pathetic excuse of songs consisting only of breakdowns.

2. Oh god. The hair. Why? Jesus H. fuckin' tapdancing Christ, why? That isn't metal. That isn't even masculine. What is that mop of complete fail on Oli Syke's head? Its like the entire piss poor excuse of a musical genre known as "emo" came and took a shit on the poor guy's head.

3. The pants. HOW THE FUCK ARE YOUR BALLS NOT EXPLODING FROM THE PRESSURE?

4. The girls. What. The. Hell. Have you actually youtubed a concert by them? I would say at least 75% the crowd are 14 year old emo girls. You see Oli jump up and yell, "Pray For Plagues! Yeah!", and the cacophony ensuing afterwards sounds like they're watching Justin Bieber butt fucking the Jonas Brothers. Oh god, this is making me sick...

5. Suicide Season. Okay, let me get this straight: Lets take out the only elements that made your band somewhat mediocre (not bad or good, just mediocre) and throw them out the fuckin' window. Lets not do those deathcore growls, its scaring all the little girls that go to your shows. Lets not solo, or play technical, or, nay, play the instruments with a left hand AT ALL. Lets just bang out some emo sounding chords, and put a retarded whiny yell over it all. Yeah, that will appeal to the mainstream! Cool!

6. Basically, they are leading the way in giving metal (and deathcore) a bad name. Bands like BMTH are one of the main reasons why people dismiss deathcore as shit. And frankly, I don't blame them. Its a shame, because there are some deathcore bands that I really like (Winds of Plague, All Shall Perish, early Whitechapel, Veil of Maya), and appreciate their musicianship. Coming from a background of playing the guitar and appreciating anything technical or created with soul and feeling, I cannot understand how BMTH is musical. What they're playing is becoming the new "Nu-Metal". It makes me sick to see the millions of views they get on myspace and youtube every day, knowing theres hundreds of other upcoming bands, twice as talented, that will never get that attention.

7. Emo Album Title. Any title more that 5 Words is an automatic for me. It wasn't too bad before, and I think they managed to fool enough true metal listeners into checking them out. But now, they've finally realized, "fuck it. We're not fooling anyone."

Overall, They're just a bad band. Especially musically. And I can't stand the image they give off. It literally makes me nauseous. Oh god, and don't even START me on slam dancing... If I was in a band of that level, and people were doing that at my show, I would immediately stop the music and call them out. We're all brothers and sisters in metal; we don't fuck around like we're on a violent powertrip. We look out for each other, and make sure we're all having a good time. The despicable image that follows this mediocre band makes me want to punch a wall. Disgusting.
*sniff*....you are my hero
Old 04-22-2011, 01:48 AM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

bump
09/19 - BMTH
09/20 - Fuzz and Fire 2
Old 04-22-2011, 03:07 AM
Altars of Radness

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
bump
WHY DO YOU DO THESE THINGS
Old 04-22-2011, 05:01 AM
Happy birthday, darling. We love you very very very very very very much

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
bump
I love you manks
3/15 Gogol Bordello
Old 04-22-2011, 07:12 AM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_to_the_face View Post
*sniff*....you are my hero
Wow, I forgot I wrote that...
Old 04-22-2011, 10:09 PM
Hagbard Celine, H.M., S.H.

Quote:
Wow, I forgot I wrote that...
...and...

Quote:
Originally Posted by illuminatus917 View Post
Fuck. I wake up every morning and go to school looking like shit... wearing my clothes I buy from goodwill and grocery stores. I wash my long ass hair three or so nights a week... any more would be too much trouble. I've been wearing the same pair of shoes for six years. I've thought about buying a mirror, but they're too expensive. I know dick about fashion. But I do know I hate crocks. And I also hate those Fidel Castro hats those emo chicks wear.

For the new BMTH album... one of the best albums of the last 3 decades. Right up there with Rust in Peace and Bonded by Blood.
I forgot I wrote that.

Did I mention I drool a lot? Like Slipknot, I drool...
Old 04-22-2011, 10:10 PM

Why was this thread resurrected?
Old 04-22-2011, 10:26 PM

Quote:
...and...

I forgot I wrote that.

Did I mention I drool a lot? Like Slipknot, I drool...

Quote:
Why was this thread resurrected?
BECAUSE.

Actually, blame manks for being manks :3
Old 04-22-2011, 10:37 PM

Quote:
BECAUSE.

Actually, blame manks for being manks :3

I like a lot of the stuff that mankvill likes. But, I'm afraid we have to part ways when to comes to BMTH...
Old 07-10-2011, 09:20 PM

You guys are gonna hate me... but I'm bumping this thread

BECAUSE

I decided to hunker down and listen to this album front-to-back to decide if I want to see BMTH on their upcoming headliner with Parkway Drive and Architects... and I can say that I actually really, really like it! Now don't dismiss me straight out, because Manks had some legitimate points here: this album sounds way different than all the "scene" stuff right now. Nothing at all like their first album, and much more mature than Suicide Season, evolving on that sound. I don't quite know what genre to lump it in, but its really interesting. The more I hear them, the more I love Oli's yelling vocals as opposed to his old, generic lows and generic highs.

This album isn't deathcore, and I'm not even sure if I would call it metalcore. To be honest, its unlike anything I've heard at this point. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm really glad I gave this band another chance, and tried to put their whole "image" and fans out of my mind. Its a lot better than the whole crabcore/scenecore shit going on right now.

Hate me.