Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Grindcore Fest -- Los Angeles, CA -- July 12th, 2014
Midnight -- Toronto, Ontario -- July 12th, 2014
Satanic Warmaster -- Mexico City, Mexico -- July 5th, 2014
Dying Fetus -- Merriam, KS -- July 12th, 2014
Phobia -- Tempe, AZ -- July 11th, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 10-28-2010, 04:30 PM
daimonos's Avatar
daimonos daimonos is offline
Fairies wear boots and ya gotta believe me.
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 3,597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derelict View Post
Every single review I've read of this tour mentioned how poor the turn out is, what a shame.
It is. I was actually pretty disappointed that there were so few people at the show here. Who knows, they might not wanna tour like that again. But I think alot of people didn't show up because they hadn't heard about Triptykon, for whatever reason. Was the Celtic Frost turnout good a couple years back?
__________________
I've lost track of just about everything.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-28-2010, 04:47 PM
Nick_to_the_face's Avatar
Nick_to_the_face Nick_to_the_face is offline
The best part of waking up, is Satan in your cup
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 1,836
Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
I was right up at the stage and saw that. Made me really hard.
You were that close??? I was up there to..did you see a guy with a really big mohawk??
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-28-2010, 05:32 PM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is online now
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 21,257
Blog Entries: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_to_the_face View Post
You were that close??? I was up there to..did you see a guy with a really big mohawk??
I don't really remember. I was off to the left right in front of the stage right Skeletonwitch guitarist. I got a pick from him! Every time I see Cannibal Corpse, I try to get just to the left of center stage so I can be right in front of Alex Webster, my bass-playing idol.
__________________
07/12 - Dying Fetus
07/13 - Stickup Kid/Seaway
07/15 - Cannibal Corpse
07/25 - Masked Intruder
07/31 - Warped
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-28-2010, 05:40 PM
Nick_to_the_face's Avatar
Nick_to_the_face Nick_to_the_face is offline
The best part of waking up, is Satan in your cup
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 1,836
Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
I don't really remember. I was off to the left right in front of the stage right Skeletonwitch guitarist. I got a pick from him! Every time I see Cannibal Corpse, I try to get just to the left of center stage so I can be right in front of Alex Webster, my bass-playing idol.
Ah, well i was with him. We were up top for Leecherous Nocturne and front in the center for Skeletonwitch. Then for 1349 i was more to the left, then for Cannibal Corpse i was all over

Your going to Hammerween right?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-28-2010, 05:49 PM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is online now
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 21,257
Blog Entries: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_to_the_face View Post
Ah, well i was with him. We were up top for Leecherous Nocturne and front in the center for Skeletonwitch. Then for 1349 i was more to the left, then for Cannibal Corpse i was all over

Your going to Hammerween right?
I am! I'll have tickets there to give away, so if you don't have any, bring your friends!
__________________
07/12 - Dying Fetus
07/13 - Stickup Kid/Seaway
07/15 - Cannibal Corpse
07/25 - Masked Intruder
07/31 - Warped
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-28-2010, 05:58 PM
Nick_to_the_face's Avatar
Nick_to_the_face Nick_to_the_face is offline
The best part of waking up, is Satan in your cup
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 1,836
Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
I am! I'll have tickets there to give away, so if you don't have any, bring your friends!
Sweet, thanks man.
you going in costume? haha
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-13-2010, 05:19 PM
beyondtheblack beyondtheblack is offline
Banned Asshole
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Sofia
Posts: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by idrinkwine732 View Post
If it helps, San Francisco had a great turn out. I've seen quite a few shows at Slim's sell worse than Triptykon did. Easily 400-500 people. I was expecting a lot less.

400-500 is considered a great turnout in the USA?
Amazing.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-13-2010, 05:23 PM
Dextrimental's Avatar
Dextrimental Dextrimental is offline
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 2,547
Quote:
Originally Posted by beyondtheblack View Post
400-500 is considered a great turnout in the USA?
Amazing.
For Triptykon/1349 that is a great turnout..
__________________
Yesterday don't mean SHIT.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-13-2010, 05:26 PM
beyondtheblack beyondtheblack is offline
Banned Asshole
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Sofia
Posts: 66
My city in Europe is 1 million people, and 500 for Samael was considered a failure.
I'm not quite aware what the population of SF is...
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-13-2010, 05:33 PM
Dextrimental's Avatar
Dextrimental Dextrimental is offline
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 2,547
Quote:
Originally Posted by beyondtheblack View Post
My city in Europe is 1 million people, and 500 for Samael was considered a failure.
I'm not quite aware what the population of SF is...
Alot of metal does better in Europe than in the states anyway. And either way on a headline show, Triptykon wouldn't play to many more than 500-600
__________________
Yesterday don't mean SHIT.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
1349, triptykon

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:54 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008