Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Gideon -- Toledo, OH -- April 22nd, 2014
Queensryche -- Uncasville, CT -- April 19th, 2014
Scott Stapp -- London, England -- April 23rd, 2014
Megadeth -- Quito, Ecuador -- April 22nd, 2014
Ghost -- Lawrence, KS -- April 22nd, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 10-27-2010, 11:45 PM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

1349 -- Tulsa, OK -- October 27th, 2010

This was probably the most I've looked forward to a show all year. I was a little disapointed in the crowd however, I'd say it was probably a little over 100 but not many more. Little disapointed b/c I got there and got to see literally the last minute and a half of Yakuza. I was really curious to see them and hope that I'll have the opportunity again.

I was really surprised b/c right after they got off the stage they said "Triptykon is next". Not that it was that big a deal for me but from reading on here I thought Triptykon was closing not 1349. I know they play the same amount of time so it's not like I was out anything but I was just curious or didn't know if they rotated since it was a "co-headlining" tour. Kind of odd since on the tickets it even says Triptykon (Ex-Celtic Frost) on the ticket. I just figured they were headlining. Oh well...Got the set off the stage so I know this is accurate. Don't think it's any different from those posted lately:

Crucifixus (Intro)
Procreation Of The Wicked
Goetia
Circle Of The Tyrants
Abyss Within My Soul
The Usurper
Synagoga Satanae
The Prolonging
Winter (Outro)

I don't even know or have words to describe the experience this was. Wow. That might have been the heaviest guitar sound I have ever heard anywhere in my life. So heavy...So amazing. I don't even have words to describe, thats how excited I still am over it. Band really looked happy on stage and did see a few smiles out of Tom as well. He said it was "nice to be playing in the bible belt". LOL great stuff. There were a few guys next to me yelling "fuck Jesus". Tom got a good laugh out of that and repeated that a couple times throughout the set. After saying that he also said "your parents would be very happy you are here". Very funny stuff. I've also decided that I'm officially in love w/ Vanja. She was the only one onstage that didn't really say much of anything on stage. Enough of my babling. One of the best performances I've seen in recent memory.

Now onto 1349. I'll be honest I really am not all that familar w/ 1349. The one thing that was kind of a downer was it seemed like the vocals got lost behind everything else. Bass, guitar and drums sounded good but Ravn's vocals seemed lost. After Triptykon my excitement level wasn't quite as high for 1349 but they were still really amazing and I would def love to see them again sometime. Frost is an absolute beast behind the kit. I was close enough I almost got stepped on several times!!!! Also got the setlist from them as well and I also think this is same list as well:

Evil Oath
Nathicana
Maggot Fetus...Teeth Like Thorns
When I Was Flesh
Riders Of The Apocalypse
I Am Abomination
Serpentine Sibilance
Chasing Dragons
Pandemonium War Bells
Sculptor Of Flesh
Atomic Chapel

They really didn't interact w/ the crowd at all. Only talking done was saying the song title and going right into it. I don't know if this is normal for them or not since I'm not all that familiar w/ them. They did go shake hands after their set however. Also went and bought the tour poster, I got a picture of it for anyone who hasn't seen it, it is def going to be framed and put up.

Got some absolutely amazing pictures, here is the link:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...8&l=a6e29f3486
Old 10-28-2010, 06:02 AM
N00B

Every single review I've read of this tour mentioned how poor the turn out is, what a shame.
5/23 MDF
7/20 QOTSA
7/30 NINSG
Old 10-28-2010, 06:16 AM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

I seriously........ I regret missing this tour. TRiptykon Had a show here on sunday but I was too dead from the slayer/megadeth show last week to even move apart of my bone to make the drive up to LA...I doubt they will be coming back anytime soon

Also to the people that attended, how come Triptykon did not close? I thought it was there tour?...Also I have been watching some of there live performances of this tour online and damn PROCREATION OF THE WICKID HAS NEVER SOUNDED SO FREAKING HEAVY, jesus christ!!! ...

Where there any moshpits during Triptykon?..
Old 10-28-2010, 08:01 AM
Pursue happiness with diligence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derelict View Post
Every single review I've read of this tour mentioned how poor the turn out is, what a shame.
If it helps, San Francisco had a great turn out. I've seen quite a few shows at Slim's sell worse than Triptykon did. Easily 400-500 people. I was expecting a lot less.
Old 10-28-2010, 08:12 AM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrinkwine732 View Post
If it helps, San Francisco had a great turn out. I've seen quite a few shows at Slim's sell worse than Triptykon did. Easily 400-500 people. I was expecting a lot less.
where there any good moshpits during triptykon?
Old 10-28-2010, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepultura69 View Post
where there any good moshpits during triptykon?
None at mine. 1349 there were like 4-5 people getting into pits and that was about it.
Old 10-28-2010, 02:10 PM
Now I am become Death. The destroyer of worlds.

I didn't notice if there were any pits at my show, I was too busy getting my mind blown from the rail to notice anything going on around me. I've never been to a show with that kind of atmosphere before, it was fucking incredible.

However, I thought 1349 was really quite boring. Their entire set consisted of lightning fast tremolo picking and blast beats and not much more. And they didn't talk at all during their set here either. It was kvlt, I guess. I really wish they played 15 minutes less and let Triptykon play 15 minutes more.

Also, I thought the crowd was fairly impressive for a Thursday night. WAY more people there then for Immolation the week before.
Old 10-28-2010, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroRob View Post
I didn't notice if there were any pits at my show, I was too busy getting my mind blown from the rail to notice anything going on around me. I've never been to a show with that kind of atmosphere before, it was fucking incredible.

However, I thought 1349 was really quite boring. Their entire set consisted of lightning fast tremolo picking and blast beats and not much more. And they didn't talk at all during their set here either. It was kvlt, I guess. I really wish they played 15 minutes less and let Triptykon play 15 minutes more.

Also, I thought the crowd was fairly impressive for a Thursday night. WAY more people there then for Immolation the week before.
Wow I think you pretty much read my mind from my show. I liked 1349 but they showed me last night why its good to vary the songs w/ different tempos. They were good w/ what they did but it became a little much blast beat after blast beat and no interaction w/ the crowd. Even 1 more song from Triptykon would have even been nice.
Old 10-28-2010, 03:41 PM
The best part of waking up, is Satan in your cup

I saw 1349 open for Cannibal Corpse in may and it was the same, barely any pits going on and they did the same, " I AM..ABOMINATION",play it, another song title, play it...and such

but on their setlist they replaced one word from every song with Skeletonwitch, so we had I am Skeletonwitch and Atomic Skeletonwitch
Old 10-28-2010, 04:21 PM
Bring Me The Horizon > Opeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_to_the_face View Post
but on their setlist they replaced one word from every song with Skeletonwitch, so we had I am Skeletonwitch and Atomic Skeletonwitch
I was right up at the stage and saw that. Made me really hard.
05/14 - War Master
05/16 - Paganfest

Tags
1349, triptykon